[Windwalker] Tiger Palm not generating Chi on use. Unable to use abilities

Honestly haven’t checked instanced PvP, but I know WM PvP or even dueling it’s the same issue everytime where I can’t generate, then if I kill a random mob I magically have full power, but again can’t generate on the next engagement only to end with full once more when it dies. Just a continual cycle of BS where you get one finisher per fight at best.

1 Like

I have also encountered this same issue on multiple resource generating classes. On my monk there would be times when chi could not be built and on my shaman the same would happen with maelstrom. It also seemed to work in reverse. Sometimes I would have full maelstrom and be able to spam resource dumping abilities i.e lava lash without spending resources. The only I have found for this thus far is to log out and back in.

1 Like

Just happened to me on my monk, all the chi comes after I drop combat, doing emissaries in Drustvar. OH, Energy Elixir - ALSO doesn’t work.

insanely unfun, Blizz.

1 Like

Just wanted to add in I’m experiencing this on my Monk as well. Very annoying.

1 Like

Yeah it’s everything related to chi gen not only Tiger Palm. I just went to Kun-lai to kill the Sha and it happened.

I’m noticing that each time I have this issue, despite my connection being fine, when I go to mount my character will run as if it were mounted but the actual mount can’t be seen if that makes any sense. I’ll have my normal running animation as I travel through for air for instance.

2 Likes

Just wanted to add that this has happened to me on my paladin alt and monk alt. I do believe it has to do with turning warmode off because both times it started happening after i did so. Logging out seems to fix it

1 Like

I’m having this issue with my rogue (never been in warmode) in Hellfire Pennisula, and I’ve seen a lot of paladins mention it as well. Can’t generate combo points/holy power/chi/whatever and get to bound across the sky when I try to mount. I don’t seem to have the problems on the Llane server (my rogue is on Stormrage), so I’m sticking to my alts on lower pop servers for now.

1 Like

Can confirm, happened to my 111 Monk.

1 Like

It started happening to me tonight. I finished the questline for Daelin’s gate and flew back to Proudmoore keep with Taelia. I was bouncing in and out of combat. It was then that I started to stop generating Chi. I made it back to Boralus and started my Nazmir questline. After flying back to the Fort on the bat my questlog was still showing that I needed to fly on the bat back to the Fort. I ran back to the area and the quest completed, so I was heading to the next part and died because I couldn’t generate Chi and noticed that my energy was generating very slowly. I ran back to my corpse and accepted the rez. I was still in the spirit realm, unable to attack but was killed again. Relogging did not work to solve the rez issue but exiting the game did. Exiting did not, however, fix the Chi generation issue.

Edit: Never in War Mode

2 Likes

Have been experiencing this issue for several days now on my monk, paladin, and shaman alts. My husband experienced it with his rogue earlier today where he was stuck in stealth mode after exiting stealth, could not use any non-stealth abilities.
It’s really getting to be a bit much and very hard to play, constantly having to relog. I came here to see if others epxerienced this and notice this thread is nearing two weeks old? This is game breaking, how is it not fixed by now…

1 Like

I have had it happen on my monk and rogue as well. Really annoying bug.

1 Like

This is happening right now on my Monk in Nazmir, the mounting (running), getting back to my corpse and getting the rez but it not getting my corpse back and have to restart my game and the not generating chi (but blackout kick will generate the chi for tiger palm sometimes), when is there going to be a fix? I am not on warmode.

2 Likes

Same issues here which sucks. I was really looking forward to lvling my dark iron paladin, but having to constantly log is making it no fun.

1 Like

same issue with me.

1 Like

Same issue here, worked fine yesterday, but logged in today and the chi generated from tiger palm/chi burst/fist of the white tiger all would not register until an enemy was killed. If I had chi points before the start of the fight, the ones built on would show up after using a Chi ability (blackout kick, rising sun kick, etc) but as soon as the Chi runs out, stuck without any until the enemy dies.

I also would be “mounted” and my character would be running/floating without a mount, which could only be disabled by right clicking the Mount Buff. Also had issues with quests upon being completed not removing themselves from the quest log/registering that I had completed the quest before it in the chain. I thought it might be lag, but everything’s running fine on my end, and upon relogging the quests would catch up.

Relogged, reloaded, still the same issue. Running a scan and repair through battle net.

EDIT: Scan and Repair through Battle net client worked!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Shortnstubz, a repair seemed to fix the issue for me too.

Edit: spoke too soon, about 20 minutes of play after the repair the problem started again…

I have been having all these problems on my monk as well, the chi, mounting, and Rez issues. I did notice it kuch more after transmogged so gear. Didn’t have the issue when I used first weapon Transmog

same here on my pally

This issue is way more common than I previously thought.

Anyway I’ve made a lot of progress with this issue and have a thorough write-up of it here: [MORE NEW INFO] Client-Server Desync/Bad Character State

To those saying repair works - it doesn’t. This is some sort of server-side desync issue that’s manifesting in (mostly, but definitely not entirely) client-side bugs.

The fix for this issue is just to log out of the game and log back in. Note that this is different than exiting the game - if you exit prematurely, your character persists in the world for a short while and if you attempt to log back in before the character has despawned, the bug will still exist regardless of any client-side fixes you may have attempted in the interim.

I’m still seeing this issue as of Jan 28, 2019. However, only on a nightborne monk I am leveling. My human (110) monk doesn’t have this issue.

1 Like