Windwalker spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

6 Likes

which of you ANIMALS are votin S1 lol1!!

Edit: its a TIE between S1 and S2 what do we do now? lol

45 Likes

To cross post my other post:

Figured I’d toss up a post on this for those less familiar with how the tier sets have played out this expansion. For context I held R1 mythic dps in Aberrus and will probably have the same for Amidrassil shortly. I have done plenty of math/theorizing with the tier sets this expansion so hopefully this is helpful.

As a note, there is (updated) next to the tier sets you vote for, so presumably they are not exactly the same but follow a similar theme.

Season 1 Bonus:

• 2pc: Fists of Fury increases the damage dealt by your next 2 Rising Sun Kicks or Spinning Crane Kicks by 30%.
  • 4pc: Fists of Fury now instead enhances your next 3 Rising Sun Kicks or Spinning Crane Kicks and enhanced kicks increase the damage of your next Fists of Fury by 5%, stacking up to 3 times.

Season 1 Pros:

• Fists of Fury becomes a very powerful button press in AoE. Currently in certain aoe situations it is less prioritized due to the strength of Blackout Kick and Spinning Crane Kick proccing empowered Blackout Kicks.
  • SEF is more viable than with the other tier sets given the other 2 have much clearer Serenity synergies. This is mostly relevant for AoE as ST would likely be Serenity still.
  • Effectively no RNG and a very consistent rotation
  • Likely the best tier set for AoE

Season 1 Cons

• Given the current tuning of Dance of Chi Ji procs, this set would likely need nerfs in AoE which may lead to Serenity just being better regardless
  • You basically ignore the tier set in single target until very high haste levels
  • The functionality is effectively passive given you get 3 empowered kicks and your CD’s are scripted, so the play style with and without the tier is pretty much the same on ST.
  • Further buffs to SCK will make this tier set likely the one with the most “RNG” variance of performance in AoE scenarios.
  • Likely the worst tier set for ST and Cleave

Season 2 Bonus:

• 2pc: Rising Sun Kick inflicts 10% more damage and unleashes a Shadowflame Nova, dealing (83% of Attack power) Shadowflame damage to all foes within 8 yards.
  • 4pc: Fists of Fury does 30% more damage to the primary target and increases Shadowflame Nova damage by 50% to all impacted targets for 15 seconds.

Season 2 Pros:

• Very consistent rotation at all times, has the least “rng” or variance in all scenarios
  • ST rotation and AoE rotation very similar
  • Serenity is very good
  • Nova damage is uncapped allowing for better target scaling while maintaining very good priority target damage
  • Likely the best ST tier set
  • The best tier set for justifying pressing FoF instead of always instant cancelling in Serenity.

Season 2 Cons

• Faeline is pretty much required over BDB
  • SEF is not very viable
  • Overall AoE is not great, cleave is between the other two.

Season 3 Bonus:

• 2pc: Free Spinning Crane Kicks grant Blackout Reinforcement, increasing the damage of your next Blackout Kick by 150%. Melee abilities have a chance to grant Blackout Reinforcement.
  • 4pc: Blackout Reinforcement empowered Blackout Kicks reduce the cooldown of Fists of Fury, Rising Sun Kick, Strike of the Windlord, and Whirling Dragon Punch by 3.0 sec. Damage of Fists of Fury, Rising Sun Kick, Strike of the Windlord, and Whirling Dragon Punch increased by 4%.

Season 3 Pros:

• Strongest tier set by far on 2-5t scenarios
  • Serenity is very very good
  • Overall damage rng is lower than Season 1 set, higher than Season 2
  • More spenders casts and overall more impactful button presses since BoK is relevant
  • Overall likely the best tier set for a mix of raid and m+ performance. Season 1 skew m+, season 2 skews raids.
  • More viable talent builds than Season 2, rather similar to season 1

Season 3 Cons

• Rotational variance can be quite high due to the procs changing spender order. This may be a pro for you if you don’t like always having the same cast sequence.
  • Contribution to heavy AoE is lower than Season 1, rather similar or better than Season 2.
  • SEF is not particularly viable in raids, slightly worse but playable in M+

Overall:
If you care more about M+: Season 1/Season 3>Season 2
If you care more about Raid: Season 2/Season 3>Season 1
If you play both: Season 3>Season 2/Season 1
If you don’t want damage rng: Season 2>Season 3>Season 1
If you don’t want rotation rng: Season 2>Season 1>Season 3
If you don’t like cancelling FoF: Season 2>Season 1/Season 3
If you like Serenity: Season 2/Season 3>Season 1
If you like SEF: Season 1>Season 2/Season 3

IMO the Season 3 tier would be great to get back if we could know what the 4pc rework was more compelling, but it’s hard to commit. If you’re feeling lucky that Blizz blesses redesigns voting Season 3 is probably best for performance and feel

Now again, this all may change given I’d expect tier sets to not be exact duplicates, but hopefully this is a helpful summary of what to expect with your votes.

Thanks

45 Likes

Personally I’m voting for Season 2.

Season 3 is fun and dynamic with lots of skill expression and overall very good in raids/m+, but having another season in a row of the same tier would likely be rather boring and I’m skeptical of their ability to do much with the 4pc as they seem commuted to CDR for some reason

Season 1 is a very boring tier set that is effectively entirely passive and highly RNG dmg is not engaging to me personally.

Season 2 provides a good blend of cleave/st/aoe while also spicing up the rotation a bit. With current tuning levels of SCK and DocJ it should be more dynamic than it was in Aberrus on rotation while providing some good uncapped AoE+ST help which WW tends to need.

If you vote for season 1 you make me sad but that is your right D:

(Also voting for S1 probably gets WW nerfed given the silly damage DoCJ procs would do and I’d prefer to not be an AoE only spec again)

6 Likes

For ww in particular I wish we could have gone with multiple 2 sets.

1 Like

Both Season 2 and Season 3 2 sets would be an absolute banger bonus so its a shame we cant mix and match

2 Likes

I am voting season 3, This is the best monk has felt ever to play

11 Likes

To elaborate:

The Season 3 and Season 2 two piece bonuses are by far the best bonuses out of any here and synergize quite well. If I could vote that as an option I would. The only reason I vote season 2 is because the current 4pc is very underwhelming and without direction on how it’d be updated I’m not sure if I want the same bonus for 2 tiers in a row.

You want to cast SCK’s to buff BoK’s, which you want to cast to reduce RSK cd’s, which you cast to prio damage and aoe, etc. It’s the most “combo” oriented playstyle by far with the most gameplay choice and makes pretty much every button an interesting button press (especially if the FoF increasing nova damage could be integrated)

I do believe Blizzard should strongly consider that mix as a tier set as the current S3 4pc bonus taints the tierset due to it being both undertuned and quite lackluster “feel” wise in most content.

The season 2 4pc is also not super interesting beyond tacking on a FoF ST boost in an effort to keep us from cancelling it (lol)

The season 1 bonuses are legitimately entirely passive and if that option wins for whatever reason, please for the love of god rework the 4pc entirely. It is unbelievably bad in terms of interesting gameplay as you just completely ignore it in all situations and XBG already enforces RSK casts after FoF, with SCK also being very good in AoE because you have no other options.

Additionally, the Season 1 bonus does not automatically just make WW good at M+. The current Season 3 2pc is exceptionally strong in keys and Windwalker is probably as good or better than it was in season 1.

Why are yall memeing on us sad WW monks mains lmaooooo

1 Like

What monsters are voting for S1???

3 Likes

I think it’s mostly the following:

1. People who like SEF in dungeons (hard to tell if it would even be better here given tuning)

2. People who sort of blindly saw it higher up in the M+ meta in s1. (This is an incorrect take I’d wager as Aug is what changed things dramatically, not WW’s tier sets. The current tier is very very good for M+)

3. People who haven’t played much and sort of blindly follow “community leader” opinions that are largely misconceptions. The WW resource complaint stuff started popping up in S2 and came to a head in S3. The current tier set is actually by far the most interactive with resource management (and just about every other facet of gameplay)

4. S1 played without stomp, S2 and S3 play with stomp, many people dislike stomp. This is more so to due with stomp receiving numerous buffs and you would absolutely play it even with the S1 bonus if re-released

5. People don’t realize that with the significant buffs to SCK and DoCJ the Season 2 set would likely not resolve to just ignoring SCK like you did during that tier.

6. People don’t realize that the Season 1 set is very very bad for 2-4 target scenarios which is many raid and m+ situations. The spec was very reliant on ToD for those in actual season 1 due to much higher hp pools relative to dps, which would not be true in S4

1 Like

Im shocked S1 is winning over S2. If you’re a windwalker and voting season 1, your icecream privledges should be revoked

4 Likes

Season 1 is winning for real? We need to limit the franchise up in here man. What the heck?

1 Like

Tl;dr:
If you want a very interactive rotation that feels bad sometimes: s3
If you want to a boring tier set (BUT) adds a single target ability to your aoe rotation that you also have to hope they tune up the numbers of: s2
If you’re bored of both of the above because they both feel really bad to play and would rather have a boring tier set: s1

“it feels really bad to press RSK in AoE, which enables more talents and creates overall more rotational choice”

what a take!

1 Like

this is wHY WINDWALKERS CAN’T HAVE NICE THINGS.

1 Like

guys it’s a season 3 angle, stop trolling me

The take of “more options = better” is probably one of the most noob trap takes you can have from a game design perspective, sometimes having more choices isn’t better when the choices aren’t fun, because thats what games are about, fun.

I’d rather play core monk than having a boring set tied to a caveat of 1 rotational change that is pretty uninspired and uninteresting to say the least

So no tier set > tier set is effectively what you prefer :slight_smile:

Because things like changing rotations are notoriously NOT what tier sets are for!

S1 tierset is the most enjoyable in pvp pov and most balanced one aswell. Not absurdly strong and not weak either. Big rising sun kicks are more fun than big fists or big blackouts tbh.

Season 1 set all the way

7 Likes