Windwalker PvP Guide 9.0.2

How far behind are Night Fae and Necrolord compared to Kyrian? Trying to balance out PvE and PvP on one character and I have no idea how big the power spike is.

itā€™s because xuen and weapons of order have gcd

Itā€™s my understanding that you canā€™t cast sequence them because they have commas in the spell names.

Appreciate the effort, WW was a sleeper alt of mine. Never intended to even touch my monk in SL but Iā€™m having a blast

1 Like

Kyrian is like also the best allrounder unfortunately.

Necrolord is only really worth in M+ and even then itā€™s questionable if Night Fae isnā€™t better.

Night Fae is slightly better in raids than Kyrian. Kyrian is must have in PvP. Okay in M+.

Where in the rotation does chi wave and spin of chiji procs go? like as filler to keep your mastery up when you canā€™t tiger palm? I am confused on when to use it because it seems like its basically always better to blackout kick when you can so you can get your rsk and fists back faster

Also to burst, is it better to rsk>fists>wdp or fists>rsk>wdp?

1 Like

RSK before FoF to

• refresh mortal strike debuff
  • get as many RSK inside SEF as you can
  • ensure that WDP is usable

Chi Wave and Dance of Chiā€™ji are fillers to weave in between Blackout Kicks to keep your mastery going.

so its better to chi wave/chiji proc over tiger palm even if you wont get chi capped from the tiger palm? i wasnt sure if it was always better to be generating chi with tp, as opposed to chi wave/doc that dont generate any

Itā€™s not that black and white. You play the resource mini game above all.

If weaving will let you spend more on BoKs to lower your cooldowns, without starving you for resources so that you can actually use them, then yes use your Chiā€™wave and DoX over a Tiger Palm in between Blackout Kicks.

Priorities and how you get efficient use out of each ability are not the same across content types. Like a real basic surface comparison of the same ability would be something described asā€¦

• Chi wave being good is reliant on using it on cooldown while weaving between BoK ( PvE )

• Chi wave being good is reliant on using it in a way that either adds extra damage during downtime, like during a FoF channel, or by keeping people in combat from a distance ( PvP )

So if you start using Chi Wave for weaving

• i.e [Blackout Kick -> Chi Wave -> Blackout Kick]

Its important to know that it is the best way to maximize that abilities damage butā€¦ if you starve yourself, or delay something for Chi Wave whoā€™s damage is insignificant even if your playing it efficiently, your hurting yourself more.

Dance of Chiā€™ji is different and you can just fire that off when you can.

this is where im confused. how does weaving with chi wave/chiji proc over tiger palm let you blackout kick more if they dont generate chi? assuming you have the energy to spend on a tiger palm and wont waste chi, wouldnt using tiger palm to weave give you more blackout kicks since it gives you chi which you need to use blackout kick?

Generally over the course of the match youā€™ll find resource overflow, like if your kiting or LoS, and you go back into to combat with full chi or and energy, or some combination of the two.

The extra resources you start with are going to be spent on extra BoKs most often after a RSK/FoF.

Weaving just helps you spend excess chi. Your not generating more.

Generating Chi : Tiger Palm -> BoK -> Tiger Palm
Weaving to spend Chi: BoK -> Chi Wave -> BoK

Functional difference is one sequence generates +1 chi, lowers cooldown by 1 second. Second sequences spends 2 chi, lowers cooldowns by 2 seconds.

In an engagement you have to figure out for yourself what you have either the energy, or chi, to use and manage it.

This is why most people you ask will say Windwalker is a spec that requires planning and plays the resource mini game more than others.

ah that makes a lot more sense ty