Win loose ratio

1/10 win ratio for the alliance, take me whole day of queues just to get my daily epic win.

1 Like

In patch 8.2, I won like 2 of the 40 epic battlegrounds I played as Alliance. It’s gotten a lot better since then.

Regular BGs (ie not the 25-40 player ones) are very close to 50% overall according to both Blizzard and statistic fansites. I’ve won 75% of those as Alliance since I came back to the game a month ago (including brawls).

If you’re losing constantly, consider that it may be a you problem. A lot of people think they’re good at the game and think that it comes down to luck or that it’s everyone else’s problem if they are losing.

I lost a lot of battlegrounds as an Alliance mage & shadow priest from Wrath to MoP, and I believed that PVP was all about the Horde. But then I started learning how to do arenas and with it came the knowledge of how to play against every class in the game. I went from basically being carried all the time to being an MVP in every BG I joined. Compared to the players you meet in arenas, people in battlegrounds are easy to kill if you aren’t being swarmed by four of them.

If you keep working at it, you can learn to give your team the edge it needs to win, especially as a strong class like a demon hunter.

My approach is just queue to random battlegrounds and play, I don’t play with friends, nor premade group, each time I queue have to be the same for this experiment to work. just me playing with random alliance players in general.

to Danvash Yes there is the possibility that a player be a bad doing BGs, can be me, can be one on the team, maybe 2 and so on. but also that means is just 10% of the team, the resting 90% should be more than capable of producing a victory, as we have seen when some player might be AFK, how many players have to be terrible and “What’s the probability that all of them ended up in the same group so many times?”

Doing the game I take a screen shot of the final score board. As for this statistical experiment is very important to not fake results, I am not just saving victories or defeats; ALL of them get recorded, I am doing it randomly during the week, mornings after lunch nights, weekends etc… since any one can queue at any time, might be a correlation that only the good players and victories happen in a particular time, example: Sundays at 2AM but that’s would be a way bigger pool that cant cover as a normal user/player.

once done, will share the screen shots as prove (yes I know that will open the debate if i just did more games and just saved defeated or more victories) then there is no point of me doing 100 games and wasting my time and yours.

Just get REFlex. It saves all games, wins/losses. Doesn’t show final score, but it does show your damage/healing/kills/deaths/etc…

1 Like

Alright, if it’s not that bad then main Alliance for a few months. Put your money where your mouth is.

It’s not bad and I mained alliance all xpac.

1 Like

It goes both ways.

I’ve seen plenty of players who are rated BG heroes and do some really dumb stuff. For some reason when they’re not surrounded by really good players, great target callers, great strategies, and great gear, they don’t do so good. Give terrible advice, backpedal like madmen, don’t know how to play objectives, don’t position properly, don’t take the initiative, etc.

Maybe it’s because they’re in a random BG so they don’t care how they play? Which might be worse than not knowing how to play.

I’ve also seen plenty who are great and do everything as you would expect. Just like players who have never or rarely stepped in a rated BG.

I hope Shadowlands brings back the healthy rated culture from years past. Though there are going to a lot of players with fulltime jobs, families, and real-life junk, who won’t be able to participate like they did before. Blizzard will have some who know they can’t compete because of limited time and simply quit. They’ll find a game that doesn’t require such a time commitment to have fun.

1 Like

Lol I posted on my di shaman. His achieves are all from this season when I picked him up. I clearly didn’t play on him before. His win rate is extremely decent, over 60%.

It’s really not that bad. Win rate is litteraly 50% give or take your own contribution. If you’re losing significantly more than 50% it’s time to do some self reflection. Maybe sit a base once or twice.

1 Like

Mine is 70%

What a God. Even though you have low amounts of Epics unlike me who only queues them. Those juicy win rates…hook a brotha up :upside_down_face:

Cause I don’t play epics

Oddly enough, my win/lose ratio depends on the class I’m playing. I win way more on this mage and on my ret pally than I do on my warrior and priest, and all four characters are Alliance. This holds true even for epic BGs, where my individual impact is as watered down as it can possibly be.

My first thought is that it’s actually the server that each character is on that’s making the difference, but then I remember that Blizz threw out battlegroups ages ago, putting everybody in the same queue pool, and even if they hadn’t my priest is on the same realm as this mage, so that character at least should have similar game outcomes.

It’s strange and it definitely feels like there’s a pattern amidst it all, but then again maybe it’s just randomness being random and the way the dice are landing just looks like a pattern.

I find that I have a positive win/loss on my geared healers regardless of faction.

Sadly enough, I can also point out a win or a loss almost immediately upon seeing if there’s a large disparity in the two teams’ hp pools.

It’s just a complete dice roll if you’ll get more people than the other side who apparently find it fun to queue with 100k health and just get stomped in while contributing nothing.

Is this the thread where horde tells us how it’s 50/50 and they are amazing on both their horde and alliance toons?

3 Likes

Probably because as a mage you can blow someone up early , allowing the odds of your node fight to be more favorable. This in turn allows you to pressure other nodes, etc etc.

Then you win!

Here’s my alliance toon with 73% win rate under their armory.

You probably aren’t the norm and being a geared healer really helps. We don’t get a lot of those in randos

after knowing about the Reflex addon I will encourage people to do 100 random bgs and post the image =)

ok this is very interesting i have 45 wins vs 46 lost yes it seems very even. do they ones i lost is very evident that people didn’t know how to kill the healers; one particular game in Warsong CTF type of game been the tank as DH, and just one druid healer, the healer grabbing flag. couldn’t explain him that by him doing that we lost all the heals on the game, my as tank cant do DPS, so was an 8 vs 10 game. surprisingly we won that game.

may be persive that alliance loose all the time but very equal the amount of wins from both ways.