Win loose ratio

This past week I been doing just pvp, battlegrounds after days and days… as an alliance I won my first ctf. as exited I was using my 477 item level gear make me wonder, what’s the ratio, cant believe that horde are just all good players that practice PVP day and night.

if I had won and lose some I would say "hey its a game is fun, having a good balance you feel good about wining, get a silly item that may or may not be an upgrade and you lose some and make you wonder what can you do better.

when a player win all the time, or loose all the time is not fun nor attractive to be in the game, if we lose all the time, we wont Q since there is no point, waiting 20 min to feel humiliated, (once again) and for the one who always win there is no challenge; and eventfully since no one will Q for games they wont have any one to play against

after seeing this statistics, there is something going on. Of a 8+ million population players, is hard to think that “all” the good players decided to roll horde while the crappy players are alliance I play with my guild and we are very good at it. wonder if blizzard is aware?

is the racial talents like stomp? would that make that ratio jump so far apart? is that the bases are closer to a faction than another there for start gaining points faster than the other team?

seen a lot of post about, fix the balance? my server is 1 alliance to 8 horde character ratio, the eternal joke, “make a horde character if you want to win pvp”

what do you guys think?

1 Like

I don’t wanna be that guy, but this is a classic case of random bgers thinking they’re better at the game than they actually are. I join bgs all the time, even on horde where 1300 players have egos. Not calling you a 1300 player or anything, but I suggest you and your guild attempt rated bgs to see where you actually land skill wise.

Also the higher populated faction, will have the higher population of skilled players. You’re more likely to queue into good horde players than good alliance players with the current state of the game. There are simply more players to pool from on horde. Higher probability of skilled teammates.

2 Likes

The factions are literally 60/40 horde and Alliance. Of course there’s is going to be higher.

I understand I do Rbgs and have 1650, but when I do bgs just for fun since I don’t want to wait to gather a team and so on… give a very discourage fealling on even doing bgs at all, at this rate alliance wont do bgs, horde wont have any one to play with. a 25 year old vs a 10… the 10 wont play because always loose and the 25 neither since there is no challenge, there has to a be a way to rate players in pvp, so when they do lfg BGs they can be pair with more less same skilled players… same as the case with rated, but this are just for fun I guess

can we do a mix game? I know the whole game will be alliance vs horde

Published February 2011.

There is definitely a problem here. As an alliance player I almost never win at bgs and it isn’t just me. Even if I am considered a bad player that is one out of 10-15 players. I should still win sometimes. I could not get a single gravity lapse win last week. Regardless of reasons this has been a known problem since Legion. It is really frustrating and makes me want to quit PVP all together. Unless Blizzard finds a way to address it, it will only get worse as Alliance will quit PVP in frustration or switch to Horde. Please fix this Blizzard!

3 Likes

This game does not have 8+ million players.

I’ve won a fair number of ctf as Alliance because I know how to carry. But it is dependent on a team being willing and able to defend their flag carrier and find and kill the opponent’s.

It’s a good game where there are no premades. When there are, it’s a given who’s going to win.

Sorry, I will update the link later.

You are right didn’t think of it but in a game that have teams from 10 to 15, is hard to believe that the 100% of the team are terrible players. Not talking about been profesional players on the opposite team but is stadistics impossible that every game that have 10 players from the whole pool of people wanting to do a big ended up in the same team.

I know blizz will never reveal the actual percentage will look bad on then annoying that the games are rig, but if this keeps going won’t be a reason to play from both sides,

Yes you in particular might have won some games, but you are just one don’t represent the demographic,. Is sad to get into a game , loosing and ppl say " welcome to alliance" as is already expected to lose with no hope of winning, that means all the alliance fell that. It has to be for a reason.

Here is another interesting link
www.forbes dot com/sites/hnewman/2018/11/07/blizzard-working-to-balance-warcrafts-alliance-and-horde-players-in-war-mode-raiding/
Alliance attract more casual players, and horde had longer times in a, doesn’t surprise me when they are so many more players than alliance.

Battlegrounds are way out of balance and shame on Blizz for letting this happen. It’s the end of the expac, people are done with or finishing up the content. PVP is a way to fill time until the next expac and what do we get? Blow out loss after blow out loss with an occasional close win. The reasons for this are many and Blizz can’t control all of them, but they should address the ones they can. If they can’t, then implement a faction wide buff for the side that keeps getting stomped. Don’t quote old statistics or your own record, if you’ve been in RBGs lately, you know what I’m talking about. The main problems:

People with no gear; I don’t blame them for queuing to get a 425 item win or lose; this is a game design choice; put these people in their own bracket. They have no incentive to even try, they’ll get boxes eventually regardless.
Class imbalance. Chaos bolts hitting for 25% of my health (I’m over 500K). OK, fine, it better be on a 90 sec cooldown like my main ability (blade storm). Wait what it’s on the GCD?
Players selecting the classes that excel at PVP. DHs, Pallys, Druids, Mages, Rogues, Warlocks; one faction plays these, the other brings the player, not the toon, like you’re supposed to be able to.
Knowledge of how to play the BG. yes it’s lacking on one side.
Healers who only heal themselves. No further comment needed.

Salty, yes I’m salty. I’m grinding out 200 Shards of Insanity mainly through battlegrounds. I don’t have guild to raid with and generally can only play for 30-40 minutes at a time. This is another problem with game design. If BGs were just for fun and/or weekly rewards are capped like Conquest, it’s fine, but when there is a useful resource and one side gets it faster, it sucks.

You should play some 40-man bgs, you’d be surprised just how many bad players there are in this game :laughing:

10-man bg is a pretty small sample size (easily swayed one way or another by a few geared players), do a few epics and see for yourself.

I think the only thing that frustrates me is the fact that I can’t win on either side. Take yesterday for example. I was grinding out my last bit of honor for rank 3 of blood of the enemy. I used merc mode to play on alliance side because que times are faster which I thought would equate to more honor per hour. I lost 4 in a row, I said ok maybe I need to just wait in the 10 min ques on horde, at least I’ll win them. I took off merc mode and qued up, lost 3 in a row there. I literally lost 7 games straight playing BOTH alliance and horde.

2 Likes

i’ve waited 20 minute ques 4 different times last night for an epic bg and lost to the alliance every time. i’m not saying this happens all the time but there are times where alliance goes on a winning streak and leaves us with a waste of a 20 minute que

yes alliance can win, and we are talking about our own experiences, 2 or 3 is not enough information for statistical purposes is one of the interviews wow say that surprisingly the ratio is almost 50% that are very close, but is hard to believe, specially when they don’t release statistics from straight source. when you have “welcome to alliance”. when alliance already have the expectation to lose that feeling has to come from some where, cant be that over the years, and years, no horde have that felling of “welcome to the horde, were we always lose, get use to it”

I started as horde and I pretty much only play this game for bgs.

Alliance bgs go much smoother if you’re able to lead them a bit. Make call outs, even if they’re not perfect it helps decrease the defeatist attitude a lot of players have. And it applies to both sides.

Like if you lost the first big fight, call out to take a different base, or else you’re going to hear people saying it’s insta lose.

But the most important thing to remember is that those negative and unhelpful players exist on both sides. It’s not just alliance that give up mid game.

Horde are pretty good at fighting, but getting them out of mid is more difficult. But that’s just opinion.

It’s not like people log onto their horde toons and say oh okay I’m horde so I’m just gonna Zerg mid, or if alliance complain and type the whole time instead of playing the bg lol.

Anecdotes of being a common denominator; always losing.

1 Like

That’s weird, I’ve Horde-merced a few little bgs lately and I’m getting wins in my games :man_shrugging: Won an Arathi Basin, a x3 cap Twin Peaks, and a Temple of Kotmogu.

If you’re losing “on both sides” then you have to consider the possibility that you’re somehow dragging down the team/not doing enough damage/etc.

1 Like

How loose is the ratio?

I think though you are more concerned about win lose ratio.

My worst BG as horde… the only time I seem to win there is when I merc .

The map favors ally, if you jump off your fortress and use glider , you can land on the bridge basically covering 3/4 of the map. It allows ally to always grab the flag first and give a a first mover advantage .

Just played 6 bg’s straight to try and get the last 40 conquest i needed for the reward…lost 5 games and got +8 conquest from the only win. Oh, last game we lost 200 to 1500 in record time.
Not to mention epic BG, playing that as alliance is just a masive waste of time.

1 Like

Loose like sleave of wizard (borat voice) :rofl: