Will Yrel return?

Space Goats, Coast To Coast.

4 Likes

Love all the fun happening in this thread after I changed the title. Warms my heart.

1 Like

3 Likes

I love space ghost!!

2 Likes

The Lights lore and future expansions is depending heavily on Yrel to come and invade Azeroth. Instead of the Dark Portal, it should be called the Light Portal this time.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve been hinting pretty heavily for a while now that the Light isn’t as lovey dovey as we all thought. Yrel and her crusade coming into Azeroth through a rebuilt Dark/Light Portal is a fairly safe bet as the intro story for an xpac. Hopefully not the next one, but maybe after it?

2 Likes

For sure! The next one needs to calm down a bit. We need something like a break expansion. Something like how Vanilla was where it built the world for future expansion ideas and such. No big bad and just work for the future if you know what I mean.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure at least one major issue with Shadowlands was the sheer scale of the threats involved.

Creation itself is at stake?

Um, no offense, even good writers struggle with that as a convincing stake!

And no, Blizzard as run right now has shown me they have no good writers, or at least, any good ones are not given the narrative freedom to actually do their jobs well.

Yeah. At least for part of the expansion. A lot of players like, “Oh, yay, another world ending Big Bad.” Can we just get a vacation for a while? Maybe a raid where we try to go on a booze cruise or something and keep getting attacked? But not any real specific threat, just, “Oops, we accidentally sailed over a kraken den…”

3 Likes

Come now, you know something as simple as that is anathema to the wow team because it doesn’t promote their god queen.

2 Likes

They shouldn’t. That timeline was basically a pocket dimension collapsing into itself to no longer exist. It wasn’t a full timeline. Just a snippet created and one that will fizzle out.

The only.way that would survive is if we have a Light war and they pull her out of space time altogether.

God I hope they don’t do something stupid like that.

2 Likes

My glorious Queen will return in all her glory and we will crush every single Orc that doesn’t follow the path of the righteousness.

All will bow down all will serve the light… Oh wait did I say that out loud?

Oh well.

4 Likes

If you can convince the devs to give us playable orc paladins, I’ll love and follow you forever.

1 Like

True, but remember, Yrel is the exact opposite of their God Queen.

Lovely, Pure, Loyal, True and a force for good in every way imaginable.

Being able to twist something so pure and innocent into something evil as they are would delight them to no end. It is what evil does (and all Sylvans fans are evil or at least love evil ;-). )

Never appologize for uttering the truth!

No, sylvanas is going to be gone for at least a patch or two.

1 Like

My thought when I read the title.

My mood after reading the amusing responses.

1 Like

Yrel best not come 'round here, if she values having a head connected to her shoulders. JUSTICE FOR THE MAG’HAR!

That alternate timeline is very connected with us now though, no? Literally the entire non-light infused orcs from that plane of existence are now on our Azeroth. Same with some of the Botani and Saberon. I would imagine Yrel will eventually find her way to come for them.

2 Likes

its a hit or miss.

could be done in a terrible way, or a good way, depending on if they do few things right.
no idea what, but all know is, don’t add sylvanas to it

We were told in an interview by Danuser with Bellular in BFA after the Mag’har questline that Yrel’s story involving the Mag’har will “play out.”

So yes.

I mean, plans do change, but I doubt they’ll drop this. Lol.

5 Likes