Will you level everything while grinding?

I’ll level things as I go. I wont be in any rush to make it to 60 and it’ll be damn near impossible to powerlevel anyway with the amount of competition for mobs there will be.

So I’ll work on professions, make a few alts, farm some gold, collect some rare recipes. I wont be in any kind of hurry.

1 Like

I have never seen the journey as a grinding. I will literally smell and pick all flowers and make my potions through this journey. I will fish from every water and expand my cooking list. Kill some Defias brothers and make my bandages. I will enjoy every single step that I took on my journey. The last march of my journey within the World of Warcraft. See you all in Azeroth!

5 Likes

So leveling isn’t grinding. Grinding would be doing the same thing over and over and over again because that is the only way to accomplish something. Reputation building in WoW is a grind.

That being said, I"m going to do it exactly how I did it in 2004, level all profs while I level. There is no rush.

1 Like

Same here …

1 Like

Hello Ion.

I’ll be actively pushing to level herbing/alch while I level my rogue along with First Aid.

I’ll try as best I Can to level fishing and cooking at the same time, but I’m not going to go super out of my way for those.

On my alt (druid) it’s just going to be my primary professions, which’ll be skinning and tailoring (then leather working once I am fully bagged) so…yes there as well.

Since I intend to have a priest, I need the fishing and cooking for food as I go. I was figuring that there might be some serious competition for mob spawns, and leveling fishing and cooking when I hit level 5 is probably a good use of time (because fish cooking into health and mana recovery and I’ll need both).

Tailoring for bags; first aid with leftover cloth. Enchanting at least until I have the top craftable wand (wands being super important). Obviously, the most important weapon skill for a priest is wanding, and it will be leveled by default.

1 Like

on huge private servers, mining and herbs are not really worth the effort while leveling. there is too much competition for the nodes and the AH is over saturated with sellers

skinning and leather working can work, but its debatable because LW takes more than you will get naturally to make useful gear before out leveling it

ultimately it depends heavily on how servers are handled

I’ll do Skinning and LW while I level to generate income, crafting nightscape tunics while grinding 40-50 can generate like 200-500g depending on how much actual grinding you do.

First Aid is a given, super cheap and easy to level and drastically decreases downtime.

Anything else I find just takes away from leveling speed and is more lucrative at 60.

Yes, some what. 1/2 profs will likely be herbing/mining till mount. After that drop herbing for blacksmithing on shammy for hammersmith.
I’d only likely level whatever I was using for a weapon, hopefully two handed mace as much as I can. First aid is needed, cooking not so much but will eventually get to 300.

If I play; What professions I choose to have will be leveled as my toons level. I’m not speed leveling anyone, what would be the point? Rush through it and then? Unless they intend to continue to add the other expansions WITHOUT CHANGING THE GAME MECHANICS OR CHARACTERS ABILITIES AND HOW THEY WORK (otherwise it’s just retail, isn’t it), then classic is finite, there will be an end point where nothing else is added/new. So again, why rush?

2 Likes

Depends on how much time I play.

Also, grinding up all profs etc leads to a high likelihood of struggling to purchase that level 40 mount.

Yeah…nah. Leveling prot is dumb. Telling people it isn’t that much worse is even dumber. Don’t spread misinfo on the forums.

I’ll level engineering to sell deadly blunderbusses and try to keep my mining at par, because it only adds a few more hours onto the total /played time but gives me access to trinkets/items that could save my player in pvp.

While. Less painful than going around n00b zones, mining copper.

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Orc is wise.

I’m going to be a raid alchemist for my guild.
I’ll be taking Herb and Skinning at 1st to gather herbs and get mount gold from leather.
Once I have my 40 mount gold, I’ll go alchemy and level that as I go.

There should be money to be made from selling the 12 stam/12 spirit food and i’ll be leveling fishing and cooking as I go also.

And, leveling professions gives me a sense of progress and alternatives to work on other than questing, grinding mobs, and running dungeons.

1 Like

Yeah I am in no rush to 60. The pserver community that already played vanilla 100x will race to 60, control the economy, and down MC within the first 2 weeks. No point in me rushing… I’ll have more fun keeping up with a few alts on the side, doing professions, and exploring. I don’t plan on hitting 60 for a few months.

I will be leveling Skinning, mining, Fishing, and cooking on my druid. Fishing will get up to 150 before I hit level 14 provided people want to buy darkshore groupers

If I didn’t level Mining and Engineering, I could probably level 1-60 in 6 days or so. I usually do those and spend an extra 1-2 days total /played.

Yes, personally I try and keep my professions up with my level

Unfort for blacksmith that involves leveling it to like 200 before level 30 =/

I will probably do everything but fishing as I level. When I have the pile of raptor meat/flesh and I know I can use it for cooking, I hate staring at it in my bags!

I’m a little less caring on alts but my main needs the profs to be maxed.

26 Likes