Will you level everything while grinding?

I level skinning for sure. I don’t really worry about LW. At least till I can start getting the agi/stam gear. Ill level swords as soon as I can get some. I’ll level first aid as I go. cooking and fishing will come when I hit 60. Basically I only level things that work while I level. I just need LW at 60 to make pre bis and try and get a jump on BoE epic patterns like hide of the wild. I’ll have plenty of time to level cooking/fishing while everyone catches up to the people who rushed to 60.

Yeah, it will be fun

I’ll level ‘em all. Plus making sure weapon skills are maxed each level. As someone said upthread, "Journey over destination.”

2 Likes

All of the things. I don’t know how much time I’ll be spending fishing as a hobby before going out to look for scraps of cloth to patch up the bite marks of the Murlocs who wanted my catch.
Level all of the things. (Except maybe the irrelevant weapon skills)

1 Like

Will definitely be leveling skinning/LW/first aid. Going Tribal LW so I can cry in a corner when I realize I won’t be able to get any Devilsaur leather.

If you’re a mage, is there any reason to get fishing and cooking?

Yes. Especially my Herbalism. Running around just picking flowers was always one of my favorite things in Vanilla.

1 Like

Well you mighty want to lvl cooking as well.

I hear dragon breath chillies packs quite the punch.

Buff food, profit, exc.

1 Like

if you want to create food with bonuses, yes

Will level mining, engi, cooking, fishing, while leveling. No first-aid. Sell cloth.

I know at first I will be playing way too much, and professions keep me engaged and away from burnout.

Deviate delights :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Will level stuff as I go.

:cocktail:

1 Like

Same, I level first aid, trade skills and twink my character as I level up. I also level as prot on my warrior sword and shield for life. Its actually not that slow at all. Slightly less dps then fury but far easier to survive and thus less corpse runs and down time healing.

2 Likes

I always start out with the intent of experiencing everything. But then reality asserts itself and i realize fishing sucks, cooking doesn’t provide any real benefit over vendor bought supplies, and first aid just levels on its own and is unnecessary with a decent healer.

This is what I plan to keep as upto date as possible while leveling.
-Skinning
-Herbing
-First Aid
-Cooking
-2H Mace and 2H axe.

Will worry about the rest later on when I’ve nailed down for sure if I want to go the LW route or maybe branch out into alchemy. The worst thing is going to be swapping from 1H weapons to 2H weapons at level 20.

2 Likes

I even carry extra weapons to level up my weapon skills on clothies… so yeah I’ll probably level up everything. I usually do crafting, and fishing especially, in spurts though; every 4 or 5 or whatever levels I’ll go grind out 20-25 skill instead of doing it a little at a time.

If you want your mount at 40 and your epic at 60 (along with all your spells/abilities) I’d say level up your professions and play the AH game to gather gold by taking some breaks while leveling

1 Like

Since I’m probably going to be a warlock I won’t have to worry about the 40 mount since it’s a freebie. I’ll likely do tailoring/skinning to make bags and assorted stuff since that won’t hold me back much. If I spend extra doing so, I can afford to do it because of the free mount.

If my pace outruns my tailoring I’ll just ignore it and do it later.

Not going to rush to 60. Expecting to spend a week in elwynn forest.

2 Likes