Will we ever get a dev reason for the change of heart on RDF?

My question would be Even if blizzard did Would it even matter and Would people even believe it The reality is whatever answer they give.

No one’s going to believe it They say they realized the players want it Oh they’re just making it up To get people back in the game Just for 1 Example.

And honestly Does it matter at this point ? But if you want my Best guess well They realized wrath Isn’t classic.

And with all the other changes they’ve made And they’re probably going to be doing changes to cata rdf Make sense for the newer versions of the game.

And honestly no rdf Has been more damaging to wrath Then helped it Because let’s be honest Social aspect in dungeons ? Ummmm inv,gs,need,gereed,skip x boss or run ? O ya You’re making a lot of friends and dungeons Cough cough.

You can’t look at wrath With a classic design it doesn’t work From the class balance To the itemization wrath is a Different game Plain and simple.

And they realized that Or option 2 They just haven’t been able to code it correctly I mean if they haven’t been able to implement the quest helper You can take a wild guess rdf Has been a challenge for them.

At least those are my Guesses Will we ever know the reason though Probably not And even if Blizzard did tell us The player based probably wouldn’t believe them.

1 Like

Copium and maldium

1 Like

RDF has nothing to do with ICC. It was released with the same patch as ICC because that’s when it was ready to be released. There are no patches in classic; Wrath launched on the last patch. The only thing being released using a time line is content.

The authenticity boat sailed as soon as classic launched and an authentic time line is irrelevant.

5 Likes

The issue is they changed the definition of Classic. It was to be an accurate representation of the game as it was, then that changed to something different that I cant quite figure out the definition for. Its not an accurate recreation and its also not trying to make further expansions more like vanilla because they added actual retail nonsense to the game. Titan Rune dungeons are mythic + lite dungeons. If they were trying to keep “the spirit of classic” which is a bunch of nonsense this difficulty of dungeon would have never existed since they didnt exist anywhere in classic.

I would say its Blizzard being incompetent and just making up excuses. The new PTR is out or coming out and no RDF. It will probably be released for Titan Rune Gamma testing… but its not looking promising at the moment. It better be at least for leveling all the way through heroics at least, and they should take out the bag of emblems from titan rune difficulty. Thats why everyone is doing them.

5 Likes

I mean my response to you would be I think blizzard is trying to adjust to what players are doing now I mean let’s be honest here None of the versions of Classic have played out anything like the original counterparts did.

Not classic not tbc And certainly not wrath As far as the dungeons go That’s been a bit positive it’s kept them relevant I mean let’s see they didn’t do that right.

Dungeons would be even more dead than they are now I mean sure Ulduar Would probably be easier But gdkps What definitely still exist And honestly the token Has been a positive If anything.

Is an accurate representation of What the game used to be That has to be a cooperation between both parties Meaning the players have to want it And have some self control.

And blizzard has to support it I mean we got Almost If no changes to vanilla and honestly, I think it hurt the game more than anything else.

Remember phase too Classic pvp system It’s garbage I say this at someone that got two Rank 12 And it was not a fun experience It was misery incarnate.

Tbc ssc and tk unnerved Caused a lot of people to burn out and leave And honestly I would even say Ulduar Buft may have been a bad idea too Because I don’t think it’s a coincidence Hardcore If got popular the same time as that raid released.

I mean If blizzards at fault for making changes If and people wanted an accurate representation of what the game was Then the players are just as much to blame Because let’s be honest We don’t play the game the way we did in 2004 or 2008 Simply because the game is solved So yeah.

Ah yes, this post below really shows how blizzard says that the dungeon finder would be added in 3.4.3:

8 Likes

The reason is pretty simple unless you’ve been absent from the forums you already know the answer: people have been absolutely blubbering over the lack of rdf nonstop for a solid year at this point.

I for one am excited to see the reaction when the blubbering starts anew when they figure out that RDF isn’t the panacea they thought it would be.

Just because players dont play as they did, which they absolutely do, that doesnt justify making changes to the game when the goal is to relive the expansion as it was, as it is marketed.

When it says “relive the classic” you cant relive the classic when you change what the classic is.

4 Likes

Here we go again…what was “authentic” with wow tokens and ++++++ this, that, and the other dungeons and raids?

7 Likes

RDF is a bad system.

Still sad they added it.

This is gonna be retail again just earlier to the trash than it was.

We got WoW tokens, store mounts, boosts, RDF, pseudo M+

This was supposed to be Classic. Not Classic esque.

Even Classic era, which they said they would keep as pure as possible is an abomination of changes.

My lack of faith in blizzard is in the negatives right now. Not even factoring the failures that were WC3 refunded, Diablo 2 Mutilated and Diablo Bore

1 Like

Don’t forget “Heroes of the slight drizzle”

1 Like

No they weren’t. I think I was the only person on the forums that didn’t want them, and I was quite vocal about it. Nobody else seemed to give a damn.

RDF, on the other hand, was looked forward to and expected by many people. Not to mention RDF was in about 50% of Wrath, while cross-realm bgs were like 10% of Vanilla. So that immediately blows away all ‘but it was added in patch x!’ arguments. As does literally EVERY other system in 4 years of Classic that came out early.

There is simply no logical arguments against why RDF should be in Wrath Classic. Not for authenticity’s sake, and certainly not by how Blizzard has run Classic since it launched in 2019.

The ‘muh social’ experiment (which were lies anyway) has been a complete failure. Turns out RDF, in fact, did not destroy the social dynamic of the game. The lack of it has made it far more toxic and volatile. As has this ridiculous Mythic dungeon nonsense that has no place whatsoever in Wrath. Yet Blizz refuses to get rid of that crap. How’s that work out for authenticity, btw?

But at the end of the day, RDF is finally coming. Some people are very happy about that. I’m not particularly. It’ll help the leveling process, yes, but at end-game it’ll be treated the same as it is in Retail. RDF is a very briefly used system before everyone gets funneled into Mythic dungeons. If I wanted that type of gameplay, I’d just play Retail. But these Classic Clowns can’t resist adding this Retail crap so they can point to it and say, “Look what we did!!! Hey boss, can I go work on Retail now? Pretty please?!”

They’ve made this project about themselves and tossed its original philosophy (authenticity) into the trash.

9 Likes

classic is only 60
if you stepped into 70(tbc-c) while knowing of the ugly changes they did then you should be aware that you’re no longer playing classic as you’re just playing alternative version of old wow game and you should’ve expected abomination changes. such as boosts/tokens/layers never being removed / twisting the balance & even edit in the core game system, well…the game can still be fun though but it’s not classic.

This is my feeling as well. I stopped taking the authentic and nurturing arguments seriously after Heroic+ and WoW tokens were added in.

5 Likes

Read the Blue post ptr notes section about the new ICC dungeons. Particularly in the developers’ notes…

“…we felt it was as important to protect the original 2009 experience here.”

They shouldn’t say stuff like that then. They can’t have it both ways. Claiming they want to protect authenticity, and then completely toss authenticity to the curb in other areas. Make up their minds what this project is about.

9 Likes

To think. This post isnt censored or removed

Brian Birmingham can suque bawz.

3 Likes

Its all Classic actually.
All with zero integrity

1 Like

Yep.

Blizzard is in an odd spot, imo. When retail slumps, they had/have classic series. TBCC became home when SL was just killing interests for me as an example.

when classic slumps, they had retail. I liked all those ripcords in 9.3…SL if one completely ignored the whole story (sad for MMORPG, but it works) got better at the end at least play wise.

So where does a burn out/disenchanted player go when both are in a slump?

Answer: account management, unsub. they will return when the games get better. Its not a rage quit. its a they aren’t paying several month to get there thing.

Bru, have you missed the constant post of people nagging at bliz to implement it?