Will Void Elves ever stop listening My Chemical Romance?

It’s been over a decade Emo is no longer trendy. Will they ever move on?

3 Likes

Will they ever move on? Na na na na na na na

4 Likes

real void elves listen to linkin park.

2 Likes

MCR had sold out every stadium headliner since they came back… so no, void elves won’t stop listening.

4 Likes

Was it ever trendy?

1 Like

I always thought dreampop and vaporwave kinda fit them better.

2 Likes

Would HIM also be an acceptable answer? Or just about anything you’d find in early 2000’s Hot Topic?

Sure when a new Taking Back Sunday album comes out.

2 Likes

Been a long time since I’ve heard that band name. Used to love them.

1 Like

I’m currently on a late 90’s early 2000’s alt rock kick so I’m hearing stuff I haven’t heard in decades.

1 Like

There are mainstream thrends and counter-culture thrends, both are ironically very similar.

Emo was part of the second demographic and I can assure you, as someone who has worked with the youth for years, that while it doesn’t have its early 2000’s influence it is still very much threndy at least for aesthetics. The music has developped into sub-genres which I can’t name as I was never much of a fan, but surely someone with more knowledge of it can do so in my place.

2 Likes

Look I might not dress goth anymore but ‘Welcome to the Black Parade’ might frequent my travel to work music.

3 Likes

Been listening to MCR since I was a teenager. I regret nothing.

2 Likes

I still play with Xalatath mogged.

They are my pixel romance.

3 Likes

Nah bruh, I still see emo kids, they’ve evolved a bit since the 2000s and they listen to motionless in white, but they still around.

It’s cool to see zoomers keeping The Old Ways alive.

2 Likes

Why. I grew up where theyre from and never heard of them till they were signed.
And i wish i never did.
Music is so whiny.

1 Like

Look, when they were young elves, their fathers took them into the city to see a marching band. That kind of experience just changes you forever.

1 Like

That opening will always been one of my favorites for a song. I was in a marching band while I was growing up. They nailed the percussion bits perfectly.

1 Like

I think they are listening to Evanescence, Nightwish, Bullet for my Valentine and HIM.

1 Like

I still listen to the first two. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like