Will using dugis guides or zygor get your account banned?

thinking about trying them out but wanted to ask first

I don’t think anyone will be able to clearly state a yes or no.

Honestly though, there are a few FREE addons you can get that do the same thing.

3 Likes

I am not familiar with Dugis, but as far as I know they are just addons, correct? Meaning they aren’t executable programs that you boot up and run outside of WoW (not counting the download client that keeps the addon up to date)?

They simply give you direction on which quests to pick up, where to go to complete them and turn them in, etc… and function no differently than many other addons. Assuming that, then they’d be fine.

3 Likes

You’ll be fine - when an addon does something Blizzard doesn’t agree with they will any of the following -

(a) Contact the Addon author to ask them to please no to do X
(b) ban the addon from even loading
❲c) Change the Lua API so that X is no longer possible

What they don’t do is track down every user of said addon and ban them.

1 Like

From what I remember (at least about Zygor, the add-on is perfectly allowable as it is simply a quest tracker in-game. The idea of paying for access to the download is questionable, but I’ve never really heard of anyone getting in trouble for it.

My advice is to not. Wowhead is likely more comprehensive than any guides Zygor charges for. And while I haven’t used their tracker, there’s likely ones available that as just as good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Try Curse for free addons for questing.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/quests-leveling

3 Likes

thank you everyone for the info

2 Likes

I would echo this. I have one for when I level to do it as efficiently and quickly as possible. Not because I don’t want to enjoy the toon, but because I know the story and have done the quests just that many times :smile:

2 Likes

It has always been my experience that if the addon isn’t automating behavior, isn’t abusing some API call and it is the user deciding based on what the addon presents, it isn’t a problem at all.

1 Like

Paid WoW Guides seem a bit sketchy for me and a grey area. You are not paying for the addon but the data it uses.

1 Like