Will Undercity be available again?

So 5 years after Bfa has ended and still we have no access to the Forsaken capital. Why is that? I miss the spooky sewer and it feels odd to sit outside the elevator and wait it to be open. Does Blizzard have plans to make it accessable? Please.

12 Likes

I honestly wonder if the data-mined updated tabards are in some way related to the restoration of the UC. Like either the Forsaken heritage armor or just an included quest chain, like the Baine one for this patch.

12 Likes

god, i hope not.
blizzard needs to turn aboveground lordaeron into castlevania.

3 Likes

Why not? It is perfectly fitting for undead.

1 Like

I think above grounds are much better and already divided for sections and areas by the walls to be easily organised . Sure it has its old infrastructure already because of undercity…but again key word being “old” . I think whole forsaken faction deserves for something new, now being under new management and whole deal…

7 Likes

Why wouldn’t they populate the upper reaches of the city? Turn Capitol City into a gothic horror inversion of Stormwind, it would be great.

13 Likes

It is far too small to function as capital. Most of the city back from Warcraft 3 didn’t make it into the game. Undercity is already perfect on it’s own. EVen better if we turn i into a flying Necropolis.

3 Likes

Could make use of all those Forsaken styled assets that they developed during WotLK and Cataclysm that they more or less abandoned.

And they will likely get a new city (whether it be a fully functional city ala Orgrimmar) probably around the same time the night elves get a new tree, so I’m expecting either later in this current expansion or a plot point in the next. Assuming they don’t abandon green dragon questlines to focus on the reds and blacks.

EDIT: Also posting in an Erevien thread. zing.

2 Likes

I prefer the option of sticking above-ground for the bulk of the society. Turn the old Undercity into the RAC’s private playground or something - maybe even a dungeon.

The above-ground city needs a lot of work, however. Right now it feels like an upscaled dollhouse. The city was originally designed to be viewed from a distance as your flight path carried you high over the city, and it shows. The various doodads that Bliz scattered around the place after the SL quest are a help, but it needs a lot more than that.

9 Likes

It feels like there’s something slightly different about the way you type since your last forum vacation, Erevien. A little calmer and more interactable than before?

Not saying it’s a bad thing, but I swear there’s a different vibe now.

Edit: Well nevermind I guess.

1 Like

defeating alliance bias is still my goal but I will be more subtle from now on.

4 Likes

At this point the Foresaken should be getting a Necropolis capital city that is hovering in air.

3 Likes

retake lordaeron gilneas alterac crusade now

1 Like

Soon as they finish converting it into a Necropolis and it takes to the skies.

1 Like

I honestly really dislike the Necropolis idea. Part of the appeal of the Forsaken is that they’re aesthetically rooted in a low fantasy (or at least, lower than most) vibe. Giving them a magical sky castle as their capital pisses all over that.

They’re people of Lordaeron. Lordaeron is a medieval-inspired Kingdom. Their aesthetic needs to remain at least in arm’s length of that root.

17 Likes

Alliance not having Lordaeron already is a slap in the face. All the Forsaken should be dead or war criminals but expect nothing to happen.

If the Lordaeron questline is any indication they are going to bring it back exactly as it was and have forsaken do experiments on the living all over again. They even have Faranell on the desolate council. Expect everything in bfa to have no effect and more dead orcs and tauren in the Undercity too. Clearly someone on blizzards writing team has a thing for Forsaken as we have seen with BfA.

Alliance will be lucky to get Gilneas back let alone Southshore or anything else in Lordaeron. WOO FIST PUMP

1 Like
3 Likes

Oh No what will the male human paladins do?

2 Likes

haven’t seen one of those in ages, I think they quit after BfA

Good. Lordaeron was reclaimed. It should stay this way. No more vanilla status quo.

1 Like