Will this Samsung SSD work for what I need in SL?

I wish I could personally vouch for the microcenter PC’s, but alas, the closest one is 6 hours away.

I’d gladly give it a shot if I could, though.

That microcenter PC will be nicer graphics wise and with 16gb ram.

As for the led fans you can turn them off usually. I did for my PC anyways.

You can always get her playing WoW on your old PC and see if she likes it.

This guy does cpu/gpu comparisons so you can get a better idea of what to expect from a 1650 vs 1660.

1 Like

absolutely, if you can get her into it then its even more fun

also i really like that guy, he seems to be the ONLY one who benchmarks for this game.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to be such a massive burden here, guys. I installed the SSD. Now what? I’m not seeing how to engage or interact with it. Should something be happening?

1 Like

Well folks, after 65 posts and two runs to Best Buy, I pulled it off. Logged in and things worked so quickly I insta-Ghost Wolfed without being invisible!

Drunk on speed, I hearthed to New Dalaran, and despite my arrogance, it was up and running in less than a second. All the players. A brontosaur, I could run…

Thanks to everyone who helped but especially @Salhezar and @Lilybugg who hand-held this miserable old dwarf through more than I had any right to expect them to do.

I could cry. And I would, but the game loads too fast these days so I’m going to play.

4 Likes