Will These Queues Ever Change?

To answer your question, these queues will not change, despite the easy fix Blizzard could employ by incorporating Mega servers with multiple layers. They much prefer to trick players into swapping to a dead server “for free”, only to force them to pay for a swap once they realize they have no one to play with. Once they feel enough people have swapped servers so they can make a quick buck, Blizzard MIGHT fix the issue in an untimely manor.

5 Likes

Gotem

I don’t understand why they don’t just use more layers like any other mmorpg.

but then again It is Blizzard.

1 Like

8:50 PM
13,234 in queue
325 Minutes. That’s 5 hours and 42 minutes… So I’ll be able to play at 2:00 AM est.

I was just disconnected while in the middle of a BG. Logged right back in and was thrown into the queue. The system is broken.

1 Like

I’ve spent the past 3 days in 4-5 hours queues just to play. That’s been about 15 hours just sitting in queue. By the time I manage to get into the game, it’s about 2-3 AM EST and I’ve been here for a while now. I have a lot of friends on the server so I am not leaving.

I’ve played this game for about 17 years on other High Population servers in the past and I can’t remember the last time I’ve experienced something like this. I am pretty sure that includes “launch day” to new Expansions. Seems very strange with all the money and resources Blizzard has but at the same time I can’t say I’m surprised in the slightest. Especially 2022 Blizzard lol.

3 Likes

No. It’s not always going to be like this. If the non rpers, pvp bros, trend followers and sort transfer off we can have our server back.

2 Likes

They could also just upgrade the servers to allow EVERYONE to play wherever they want instead of restricting us.

1 Like

That would be a mess could you imagine having that many people on a single layer. Just to much to get anything done.

No one said to keep them on the same layer…

2 Likes

Our guild utilized the free transfers at the end of phase 2, after watching our server (Deviate Delight) slowly die out as people left through paid character transfers, primarily to Grobb. The time it took Blizzard to rectify this issue by providing free transfers to DD was ludicrous, but not unexpected.

It’s ironic that now, shortly after Blizzard chose to do the server crunch where small or nearly unpopulated servers such as DD were closed, we now find ourselves with queue times starting as early as noon EST on weekends, and ~3EST during weekdays, as players return for the wotlk hype.

Despite being hopeful, I have little confidence that Blizzard will rectify the blatant queue issue with any sort of sense for urgency unless we as the paying customers stop making excuses for their mismanagement, and demand the issue be acknowledged officially, and secondly, possible solutions be identified beyond suggesting players use the free transfers to return to small or dieing servers, that they left with haste in the past year.

Perhaps a petition or something of similar nature could be useful in prompting Blizzard to rectify the issue, or a mass exodus to one of the servers with a free transfer, to then overburden that server and put the problem back into Blizzard’s hands, since they desire to burden the player base with solving their problems for them.

3 Likes

This. Download TRP3 for roleplay or transfer off already to Sulfuras. We got enough trihard classic andies trashing up our rp-pvp server as if it was their own back on Faerlina/bene/whitemane.

1 Like

I love how you put the onus on the players instead of on Blizzard for not preparing ahead of time for this eventuality.

It’s a very spoiled brat mindset. Do you think people who transferred to Grobbulus wanted their own previous servers to die? Obviously not. When given options to transfer, everyone was given Grobbulus, Mankrik (90%+ Horde) PvE server (can’t transfer to PvP once you go PvE), and a small handful of dead/dying servers. What do you think people would choose to transfer to?

This is Blizzard’s problem, not the players. You need to grow up and drop the priveleged tone. If you’re an original Grobb player, you’re lucky you got to play on a server that maintained a population and didn’t get decimated in TBC when people started transferring to larger servers to have an actual vibrant community away from the dying communities such as Rattlegore, where I was left to rot.

1 Like

Another player blaming the playerbase instead of Blizzard.

How very cliche.

1 Like

If they opened up transfers to Bloodsail I would definitely move a couple there at this point and try the RP - PVE experience.

1 Like

A five-hour queue today after a 9-hour work shift, aka me and the wife won’t get to play for another night. We are literally paying for a service and product Blizzard can’t deliver at this point, and it is not the paying customer’s responsibility to make any adjustments. We are staying where our friends and community is at. I’m sure 80% of the population feels this way, so the few actually taking character transfers aren’t even gonna make a dent. We need solutions, and we need them fast. Why did we just drop 50 dollars on a character boost each? Shall we all request refunds blizzard?? What in the heck is gonna happen when the expansion actually drops?? Is anyone wondering about any of this? You tell us to xfer to sulfuras and that server is almost full as well. What’s next blizzard? Ask us to only play 9 am - 11 am??

So you pointed out the 1% or less that already xfered. Your opinion is null.

They opened free transfers, which made the game so unbalanced, it killed servers balance and then started to kill servers altogether. Then they decided they’d give free transfers to servers dying. I was from Deviate Delight, which was a fun community during classic. We were few but we got to enjoy the game. It died, we moved to Earthfury but nothing was closed, people kept moving to even bigger servers. Essentially, Earthfury died. I got back to RPPVP, not east, but west, the only one left.

Grobbulus was allright population. But now, if you work, like I do, come home late, you can’t play and it’s 5 Pacific time. Queues starts at midday Pacific Time. It’s WOW’S fault. Merging servers was always the only way, they did not do that.

1 Like

@Blizzard we need this resolved. I have NEVER seen queue times like this, and I was on Mal’Ganis for launches. We pay for this game, they make MILLIONS of dollars off us all and we sit here not able to play during the most exciting time of the game. Still giving our money to this company. More reminders of why I stopped playing in the first place.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s theirs to solve. Nobody will go to Sulfuras full HORDE, or Old Blanchy, Normal server.

We are all into PVP… and we like RP. Just cut Grobbulus into two servers. Do it by guilds and let unguilded choose. Keep balance at all cost.

2 Likes

Something needs to be done other than giving players the option to transfer to dead/unbalanced servers. Not to mention these players have communities and are invested in the servers they are currently on… I would understand if this was a free subscription based game but we are paying money to play the game and instead watching a queue for multiple hours. What happens in the next month when guilds have raids times to attend? Quit their job and make sure they are logged in at 9am for 10 hours to make it? If it is pre-patch and this is happening, what happens when the actual expansion launches… Not good.

4 Likes

I transferred all my toons last night, and my wife’s (her own account) one toon too, to Sulfuras. It sucks losing my place on Grob, and I had fun while I was there, but I am literally not able to play when the Queue’s are 4+ hours when I get home after work. I have heard theories that the surge is people coming from retail to experience the fresh content on WotLK and they won’t return to retail until Dragonflight, and that theory makes sense. Even if this surge lasts only a couple more weeks, I just see no point in staying and not being able to play. Blizzard doesn’t care when I have already paid my 6 month’s time. Going into a new expansion will allow me to find a new guild looking to raid and probably is the best time to make new friends. My glass half full look at things.

2 Likes