Will These Queues Ever Change?

Are these super long queues going to get fixed or is Grobbulus always going to be like this?

2 Likes

If you don’t RP, aren’t here for community, don’t care about faction balance, or if Grobb is just another server to you…I’d suggest taking that free xfer.

We were flooded recently with way too many people akin to the above list.
Those unable to deal with the queue should just turn back around.

20 Likes

It’s always going to be like this. Only going to get much, much worse.

First, it was $5.00/gallon gas.
Then, it was $80 Northrend Pass packages.
Now it’s 4-hour queue times.

Make sure and vote these folks out in the mid-terms.

9 Likes

I have to agree with Ruroki. Please leave this server alone and gtfo.

8 Likes

Damn thats some hatred right there! I have been hanging with peeps on here for over a month now. I was the last person on my previous server. I really like this realm, and its the only RPPVP . Sucks though that Blizzard didnt know what they were doing. Cant they just open more layers?

I’d imagine it will get worst when Wotlk launches

7 Likes

Even if it gets worse it’s worth it. Grobb Squad 4 life

2 Likes

Looks like they are trying to balance out some of the smaller pop realms this is not the way to do it. Queue time now is at 87 minutes. RIP

1 Like

Hey Blizzard. 3h queue to play?! Do better please.

3 Likes

And knowing that when TBC dropped same thing happened, wait it happened on original release to of both tbc and wotlk 15 years ago and this billion dollar entity cannot fix this issue interesting.

1 Like

Are you RP’ing as a political troll? Seems like you are.

4 Likes

The fact that we are being forced to move away from our friends and the community we want to be apart of or have to wait in 189 minute queues potentially not being able to play is absurd. Why do I have a subscription if I can’t play? Some of us actually work 8+ hour shifts and have lives and can’t stay up till 11pm after a work shift to play for 30 minutes to an hour… This is all on blizzard, fix this already you’ve had years of data to prevent this, step it up already, more worried about being inclusive and a safe space than actually delivering the product we pay for.

10 Likes

Agreed. I have been on Grobb well over a year, and think the 2-4 hour queue is ridiculous. I enjoy Grobb and am vested in this server. Unacceptable response from Blizzard (offer free transfer for people who have been on realm well before latest patch to a realm of Blizzards choosing) vs. no other action observed. People pay for this service. Figure it out Blizzard.

4 Likes

This needs to be fixed, I’m pretty upset right now my queue 256 minutes… I got of work an hour later than normal and now I likely won’t be able to play at all tonight. I’ve been on Grobbulus since it’s opened.

Why isn’t Blizzard just expanding the server, adding more layers? This to me is Blizzard purposfully restricting realms to force people to use Character Migration. They’re trying to force peoples hands into migrating. Why would those of us who have been here since the conception of the server want to leave our friends and family behind? There should be prioritization to those who have been here longer. I guess i’ll try to play again tomorrow when ever is at work.

3 Likes

To many people on the server that don’t roleplay. All those folks need to move off to a regualr pvp realm (like the free xfer Sulpharas)

4 Likes

Have you seen the population on Sulfuras? It’s extremely low. The amount of materials on their AH is abysmal. It’s just not worth playing on that realm if you enjoy the world PVP that comes with Grobbulus. They should have 1 PVP 1PVE 1 RPPVP and 1RPPVE realm and just keep these are megaservers. Stop these silly player caps. It’s making pre-patch unplayable for most people.

Keep in mind, this is just the pre-patch. Sure, there are some people getting in now to play DK/boost, and transfers are closed off, but you will absolutely have more people on Grob when actual Wrath releases. There are plenty of people who are just taking a break til actual release, and queues are likely to get even worse at the start.

A very small percentage of people will actually take the free transfer off, but you’ll mostly see player loss due to attrition since new players will avoid starting on the server with multi-hour queues, and Grob players will naturally drop off. This process will of course take months, and you probably won’t see Grob without a lengthy queue during peak hours for a very long time, maybe never.

As for solutions, the idea of “just adding more layers” seems preposterous, when the auction house/mailbox lags beyond belief as it is. Adding another couple thousand will make overall lag worse, and there’s no way Blizzard is updating hardware/clients to combat this. Another incredibly unrealistic solution is sending people back to their old servers, but that will literally never happen, partially because that would involve refunds.

It’s important to place the blame on the correct people however, which is Blizzard. If you’re on a server with 300 people, or 90/10 faction balance, of course you’ll leave for a good server, aka Grob. Blizzard simply implemented their ‘fix’ in the form of cutting off transfers far too late, and now we’re all stuck with absurd queue times. I’m sure Blizz was happy to milk players for their money. Once again, Blizzard’s negligence shafts the playerbase. Anyone shocked?

2 Likes

If you:

• Don’t like WPVP
  • Do not like RP
  • Cannot spend time doing something else while waiting for the queues/dealing with the queue

Transfer to Sulfuras. Or a PVE server like Old Blanchy. Both of them are popping off but as a reminder to everybody who keeps looking at server stats on Ironforge; Their stats are 2 weeks behind and only count raiding and PVP ladder players. This does NOT count players during prime time who are levelling, afk in cities…etc.

Im staying as this is the only RP and PVP server available and I love it here, but I know some people made the rash decision to start a character here who cant stand the queues but rather complain than make the transfer.

And yes we need more layers. They gave us 10 for gods sake for TBC launch which wasn’t needed even with a queue…but gave us just 4 for WOTLK. big bruh moment.

4 Likes

Total 70’s on Sulfuras - 9159
Total 70’s on Grobbulus - 87529
Total 70’s on Feralina - 44872
Total 70’s on Benediction - 97606

You can directly see that Sulfuras will die.

Data derived from wowclassicpop website

2 Likes

13618 que as of right now with a 312 min estimated

2 Likes