Will there be refunds on Classic Era clones?

I cloned 2 chars in hopes to have some activity over there on Classic Era and it’s dead. If I do a /who 60 I get like 11 people. Although $30 isn’t that much, it’s rather a waste. I haven’t done anything since the snapshot so my chars can go dormant again in the event things pick up.

PS: This is on Mankrik, a horde server. Everyone went BE and moved on. Cross server won’t help, all of the channels are dead.

2 Likes

I think there should be Refunds on Cloning.

I would like an official response on this, the game is not playable in Classic Era.

If that’s true you’d be better off posting in Customer Support.

1 Like

Hah! Customer Support is powerless to do anything all they do is give links to the website, excuses why they do not have any power to help and patronizing answers.

The service provided doesn’t involve server population. If you didn’t anticipate Classic being dead immediately after TBC, you’re delusional.

That said, let the flavor of TBC settle down and those interested in Classic more than TBC will start coming back.
People like fresh content. Naxx has been on farm.

3 Likes

And the WoW Classic General Discussion forum does?

4 Likes

Honestly what did you think was going to happen?

Most people just wanted the experience to play through classic again. Not keep a character on a never evolving museum realm. They got their experience and are now moving on. Either to BC, retail, or quit altogether. It was obvious. Even if they didn’t charge for a clone - most of everyone would still be on BC. You might have seen a little more resurgence after a few months inbetween lull periods. But even then would be minor.

They are the ones who would be able to give the answer though. Its not up to them they are told what they can and cant do.

1 Like

Half of those 11 are bots in stratholme.

Yes according to Customer Service, that is their answer, “bring the case to the forums”.

And, we do not have to anticipate the game in Classic Era being Dead. It is the Devs who should have anticipated this and not just cash in from people who cloned, or who chose to remain in Classic and the saw it empty and cloned.

People simply chose where they wanted to have fun, can you really blame people for wanting to have fun? isn’t that the reason we are here for anyways?

I think personally that the Cloning Should have been FREE for everyone since the Devs chose to keep both versions.

That way no one feels penalised no drama, now issues people choose where to play depending on what the post upgrade.

Wanting to monetize that reality was a mistake IMHO

1 Like

Which forum did they recommend? There are quite a few… including “Customer Service” and “Technical Support.”

1 Like

Meh, maybe. I think you could have pretty easily rolled a level 1 to check out the scenery, and see if it was worth your time beforehand.

You could also maybe find out if there are any groups of people doing similar activities that you would like to do, and maybe schedule a time to do it together.

But yeah, I haven’t unlocked or cloned any of my characters into Classic Era.

I am not the author of this thread, I am simply discussing the topic and sharing my experiences with CS and expressing my opinion of how I think it should have been handled.

If you think that this thread belongs to another forum maybe a mod can move it there.

The point remains that this situation could have been handled much better, Charging for cloning and Damning people for their unbeknownst decision to choose one or the other game without knowing the full facts is not really good customer service.

If not free cloning, at least people should have been given two decisions. If you chose Classic and then realised that the game is dead you could then move to TBC and continue from there.

After that point for whatever reason if you wanted to have the toon on both then you pay for it. The way it was done is very disengenious.

For the record I am playing TBC.

I chose Classic Era originally, it was a guild decision, but then it turned out that Classic Era was no longer playable really not enough people for Battlegrounds (our primary fun) and not even for raiding.

So then I basically cloned my main only, and I rerolled (deleted the Clones candidates and created new characters) the 5 alts characters in TBC which I am relevelling now.

And that is that.

1 Like

Can you still log in and play your toon?

Looks like you got what you paid for.

1 Like

I left a couple of levelling alts on Classic Era that I had no interest in continuing in TBC. The servers are just dead. No way would I pay $15 to clone a toon with a dead population.

Maybe Bliz can squeeze less and give people free clones. I couldn’t imagine people paying for clones now.

1 Like

This is bad faith. No one payed to play alone on deserted servers.

3 Likes

Its not dead. Its just horribly configured because they had to sell them clones.

1 Like

The simple fix (character names be damned) is to merge the servers into 2 realms. One for PVE, one for PVP. That fixes everything but the Oceanic issue.

1 Like

I mean, it’s fairly obvious this is what would happen. This was called months ago. The fact that anyone purchased a clone is mind-boggling to me.

the clone was succesful. no refund.