Will there be refunds on Classic Era clones?

Sadly, there is not much we can do here and if they gave you that as a response, they’re troll support. The only thing you can really do is either:

1. Move to TBC.
  2. Hold out for Blizzard for 210939012 years for a stance on this.
  3. Start a fresh project - which at the moment, won’t work well as most are working on TBC stuff.
  4. Take some leave / quit.

It sucks but what can you really do? I said it before, merge the servers. It’s a matter of when though…

I was 100% going to clone, consolidated all the consumes and gold onto the two toons I was going to copy. I wanted to have my toons ready for whatever might happen in the future months after the TBC hype died down. But when the day came I just never bothered. There was no reason and it really felt like a dumb idea to clone.

At this point blizzard should refund anyone who purchased the service via shop balance, and make clones free or include it with 6m sub or something. Remember when we got D3 for free just by having a year long wow sub? Do this and classic era will have a chance, otherwise they may as well just shut down those servers.

Having the ability to jump on your old toon, for free, will allow people to play at some point in the future as there will be a pool large enough to do raids. Given TBC is out no one is going to pay $15 to play their old toon on a dead server, which exacerbates the the problem of it being a dead server.

No, just the truth.

Those don’t work well, period.

I coulda swore they did one for EU last year or so. It didn’t do well?

I dunno about the EU, but for the one in the US “didn’t do well” would be a huge understatement.

1 Like

I’m from US and if I only heard about EU, I think you’re right LOL.

1 Like

This is exactly why I didn’t copy.

Einstein knew it was a good time to get out of Germany. I knew the servers would be dead.

The big question here is whether Blizzard understands that only a fresh classic server will pull people back into those vanilla realms.
At this point I feel like they’re so disconnected from reality that we simply need another good pserver or just unsub till they open fresh vanilla.

No one wants to play on a realm that’s dead, where 99% of people have moved on and the content patches have run their cycle.

You guys are so impatient. Most people can only play 1 version of wow at a time. Right now the hype is TBC. Wait about 3 months people will come back

1 Like

Yeah I agree with Xavus. I think some people will come back once the TBC hype is over. However, do I think the Era server-groups will be the same as a few months ago? Absolutely not. For the vulgar and profane masses of TV watching comic book readers, New Old Retail, a.k.a. Burning Crusade Classic, will do just fine. That is of course until it is once again time to jump into the squirrel wheel for Wrath of the Lich King.

Anyhow, judging from my server group, the people that stayed are decent average hard working Americans. There is a clear pattern of people coming online after the work day is over. During Sunday mornings the server group is, as it should be, almost completely dead.

As a test earlier today at around 9:00 am PST, I walked up the Warsong Emissary in Orgrimmar and queued up for a game, while simultaneously starting up my work computer. However, after waiting almost 5 hours in the queue, I decided it was time to shut it down.

When I logged back in at 6 pm, the queue instantaneously popped. Once again reaffirming me, that the people that stayed in Era, are decent hard working God fearing Americans.

1 Like

I’m very surprised that so few people stayed in classic era. I knew I was going to transfer all my alts to BC and not clone any and I thought the vast majority would do the same but I thought there would be enough for a couple of servers. Even though it doesn’t affect me I think Blizzard should merge servers to try to create a playable game or give refunds.

I don’t get why some people are so focused on the “clone worked, you can play, no refund” theme. What’s it to you? Afraid your TBC carry is going to go back to Classic Era? This game requires a lot of players to get anywhere at 60. There’s not even enough people to run UBRS, lol. Having options is a good thing, no?

Of course, you can run these dungeons in TBC, but I wanted to run them with Classic Era gear and talents. The world even changed in TBC, new flight paths, elite mobs made normal, etc. The Classic Era world goes away with each expansion, sometimes it’s nice to revisit for a while.

Because… they paid for a clone… and the clone operation worked. He got the service he ordered.

The expectation that there would be a thriving population was not part of the contract.

Did you read my reply?

I am already in TBC :wink:

Yes, I was saying out the options in general.

1 Like

Oh I see gotcha :wink:

You can do that on a free level 1 character. You didn’t have to pay $30 to do that. In fact, paying $30 and then AFTER that checking seems kind of stupid.

No, there is no refund for you doing something stupid. There is no refund for you making a mistake.

There is only a refund if you were promised something and didn’t get it. Did Blizzard promise you something you didn’t get?

They didn’t say the classic-era was for museum purposes after BC. The option was not to “stay and glance at the museum pieces in azeroth”. The option was to “stay and defend azeroth”. The word “defend” implies action. Meaning that the classic-era game was not supposed to be dead after TBC, according to Blizzard… A wait and see approach is stupid. They are providing a service that costs money. $14.99/month, plus people paid for clones that may want to play an MMORPG, part of a subscription to the 3 games they currently offer, which they are still charging $14.99/month for.

I find it kind of appalling that nothing has been said by blizzard yet, when there have been many threads discussing topics like this, as well as people wanting new servers and/or merges for the past week. The fact that they are still charging for this and it is not working as advertized means they need to do something about it in a timely manner, or at least give some answers that are way past due.