Will there be a Beta?

Summer is getting closer. Will there be a Beta? If so, when? Does there even need to be one?

3 Likes

there isn’t a need for one…

7 Likes

Glad someone finally asked this question.

7 Likes

stress test maybe? not sure a beta is needed. I wouldn’t mind either way though.

6 Likes

More like stress testing, but I think it’s likely.

3 Likes

If Blizzard stays true to form, the will be one soon, perhaps sometime in mid-spring. It won’t be open, just invite only, so be sure to go to your account management and opt in.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

1 Like

Confirmation of a Beta would be nice, although it seems like they are being as minimal as possible when it comes to disclosing any information about Classic.

You missed the post from a few days ago. Blizzard is actually quite talkative about Classic.

I didn’t, actually.

Yeah and the titanic didn’t need life rafts.

9 Likes

posters cannot possibly know if we need a beta or not, only blizzard can tell us that

i would not be surprised either way

I think classic should get a retro forum look when it goes live.

2 Likes

Okay? Insightful post for this discussion.

Weather it is open or closed… we need a beta. You don’t look for bugs you expect, its about finding the ones you don’t expect.

2 Likes

“Maybe” That enough for you?

I have never got into a Beta through invite. My cousin got into like 2-3 iirc.

I got the D2 beta, but probably not WoW. And if the PTR is any indicator I would be locked out due to “no realms found” error.

Would be cool to say “been playing since beta”

1 Like

I’m going to bump this question every day until we get a solid answer and/or a Beta server.

1 Like

It’d be nice to have a chance to test addons/macros, since that side of things is apparently going to be somewhere in between vanilla & retail.

I hope there is an open beta of sorts, just like the Demo. I really want addon authors to be able to get in there and work out their code.

Some addons are absolutely essential to the vanilla experience. If I cannot have atlas loot day one, I cannot spam

“Did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] ?” in chat!

I need to be able to spam this. Priorites people!

4 Likes