Will the NEW consoles support WoW?

Can’t comment on WoW, but I’ve played FF14, and once you learn how to use the two sticks, you can turn just as fast. It takes some effort to learn however. You can turn just as fast, but the precision is dependent on the quality of your controller.

And while you can create a lot of combos with a gamepad … imagine having to do left shoulder + right shoulder + A, all while trying to maneuver around the field (with two sticks). That would be a nightmare in terms of both input lag as well as murder on your hands.

Yeah I played through the entirety of FFXIV using controller, then bought it on PC and immediately never played it on console again, cause it’s a terrible experience. Inventory management alone would be horrible. And that really only works when the global is the 2.5 that it is in XIV, could you imagine that with 1 sec GCD with 30% haste? Lol.

While that IS snarky, there are free to play games that you can click “take me to the quest objective”. I’m not joking. It will auto-path and run you to your objective.

Wow will never be a console port… however the new gen consoles will be more powerful that most wow players pcs lol

I mean considering even 30% of systems with steam installed are running intergrated graphics, that’s not hard. Lol.

For a time. For a time. But it won’t be the first time that consoles actually had better performance than a PC. Six months of progress in the PC market can destroy the difference.

1 Like

Yes a keyboard can have 400 keybinds, but you wouldn’t ever have that many so that’s just stupid.

And yes I can turn just as fast. It’s literally a mouse input. On a console I wouldn’t be able to, but on the PC it’s registered as a mouse input. With an Xbox controller you lack precision due to accelerated motion control. But a steam controller gives you very close to real mouse control.

:thinking:

Didnt they say its for like disabled people?

I know this is going to be hard for you to understand. WoW is not a shooter.

But I can see from your comments that you literally have to idea what controllers are capable of.

So you’re comparing, the one controller, that has an actual touchpad (sorry PS4 controllers no it doesn’t count), to a mouse? Yeah, of course it does. And, while I love the steam controller, do you know that it got discontinued last year? It will not be present, because it was so hugely unpopular among controller users.

Lol dude theirs already much MUCH better pc technology out there that console will never catch up to…
But your average pc gamer doesnt care nor has thousands upon thousands of $$ to max out a pc.

Ill say it again, the next gen consoles are more powerful than your average wow players pc… and by average i mean the majority. And these people dont upgrade their pc until something breaks or they absolutely have to in order to keep up with their game.

The fact of the matter is, my $1700pc that I built 8 years ago runs wow with discord up at 14fps in raids on low settings due to the cpu being outdated.

Compared to my current gen $600 Xbox One X that plays games in 4k and looks immaculant.

More and more people will be dropping pc gaming altogether because of this reason. Unless pc component developers drastically drop their prices which theyre gonna have to do.

But back to the op’s question, wow will most likely never be a console port lol

But you don’t need that precision. It’s very nice and can make you nearly comparable to a true KB&M. But you don’t need it. You don’t need excellent mouse precision to play WoW. You can tab target and complete +15 keys and heroic raids. Only the top most players need that precision.

I know this is going to be hard for you to understand, I have probably spent more time configuring controllers than you have time played in WoW.

Again, go play a game that has support for both. FFXIV is a great example. You absolutely can play with it. Is it a good experience though? Absolutely not. Would I expect other people to put up with my slowness if I was doing something competitive? Again, absolutely not. Targeting, inventory, precision movement, all 3 major issues. And remember, they are unpruning abilities in Shadowlands, so people are going to get even more key combos than we have now. With a 1 sec GCD that will feel terrible trying to do R2 + Triangle or xbox equalivent every single second, then trying to get 4-5 of those in during cooldowns or heroism. It would feel absolutely terrible.

Furthermore, apparently you don’t know Blizzard. A. They still don’t support any cloud gaming. B. Despite maturity, they still don’t offer a linux client. C. Controller support still doesn’t exist on the PC, to ask for it on consoles, before it comes on PC, would be beyond crazy. Blizzard only does things that make financial sense so them right now, I highly doubt adding in a subpar experience for consoles makes sense for them.

Supposedly Shadowlands has been rated for the XBOX in Brazil.

https://www.ign.com/articles/world-of-warcraft-rated-for-xbox-series-x-in-brazil

I don’t know why people are so against consoles. They use keyboards and mice and are just a different format of computer. Some people will play like crap. Some will be good. The game has already been dumbed down to eliminate keybinds and support controllers. In the long run, you won’t know if someone is on a console, laptop, or desktop.

However, having console releases could bring an entire new group of people to the game, increase profitability, and maybe (just maybe) increase investment for better quality in expansions… That last is a maybe though because the bottom line is the most important thing to Activision/Blizzard.

Lol.

Look dude, it’s not hard to use button combos. Anyone who has ever used a controller extensively has been doing it for years. That fact that you think it’s a problem undermines your own strutting about your supposed experience.

It is an awkward transition when you’ve only ever played KB&M.

Your fears about slowing people down are completely unwarranted and silly. You don’t need that precision. People clearing +20’s and mythic raids sure, but for the vast majority of content tab targeting it fine.

It’s always a good laugh when this topic comes up. The naysayers always say how poor performing the current gen consoles are yet they are prob still way better then most are currently playing WoW on.

The next gen are even better of course yet they will still whine about how bad they are…lol.

Ppl have been playing with a controller for wow for years already its nothing new.

I love how you’re trying to say I’m awkward with a controller, yet not a single game in the industry allows them to play together competitively, I wonder why that is huh?

I hope not.

But no, it’s never gonna happen… at… all… ever.

Maybe, if this is true
" World of Warcraft Rated for Xbox Series X in Brazil"

I really hope the new consoles support WoW because we desperately need players who are actually good at the game and since console players are on average better at video games than PC players, a fact that is indisputable as younger people are naturally better at gaming hence why most of the best gamers in the world are young it would be a huge improvement to this game.