Will "The Last Titan" be the last xpac?

OP, they would’ve said that.

There are interviews both on Wowhead and MMO-Champion saying no.

If EverQuest can have 25 expansions, what makes you think WoW would stop, do you WANT it to stop?

Like others said before me based on what metzen says this whole world soul trilogy seems just to put all the current wow storylines to bed for lack of better phrasing.

The cadence of this trilogy is gonna be faster than we are used to so it doesn’t seem like it’ll take six years to find out what’s after the last titan — probably only three years for that. I’m almost out of my 40s so I kinda hope that’s true . Lol

I’m very curious as I’m sure most are “well what’s after the last titan then?”

I think that’s when all the folks constantly talking wow revamp or wow 2 might finally get some satisfaction. It would be the perfect time to modernize the game in terms of visuals at the very least and then introduce and entirely enhanced/improved play style (hopefully).

1 Like

What was the part where he said “I dont want your grandkids to hold a mouse for you” for? I got nervous this saga will be the last - but yeah he said that they have 20+ years of content ready. Hopefully he was talking about Retail tho.

World of Warcraft: the Flame Thrower

The kids love this one.

2 Likes

No because there will be the Void Saga where we will spend 3 expansions fighting them off and end up being flung into a Black Hole and coming out on a new world full of weird future allied races including people that look a bit like Ogres and Naga and being squished down to Level 1.

I have it on Good Authority. :sunglasses:

I don’t recall him saying that. Did he say that? Naaa, he didn’t say that. Twenty got mentioned but it was more like, “Twenty years, it happened, now into the next twenty years”. I felt myself getting old at that point.

1 Like

Now ,that’s what I call the great squish.

Happens when a new Titan sits on you. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I honestly thought the title was “the titan’s end” I had to go back and double-check.

I actually do hope this is the last expansion. It’s time for a new game/reboot already.
We have had enough bad lore and “weird” decisions shoved in the game’s fabric over the years for the sake of maintaining the faction war going.

Then they decided the faction war lost its point, and by doing so, their previous plot decisions feel even more stupid.

I’d rather have we begin anew, preferably with WarCraft 4, following up the end of BfA, since everything from Shadowlands up all feel (even more) like fanfiction.

I’d even consider taking out WarCraft from the name too, call it Multiverse of Azeroth or something else.

I gotta commend Blizz on their tenacity for adding up stuff to a 20 year old engine though.

1 Like

The beauty of WoW is that it is designed to not only look pretty good (art team nails it 9 times out of 10) but also work well on toaster computers

The problem with updating the engine and what-not is that this’ll push out the people with bad computers and lower the amount of people playing

This is a myth, and always has been. If you don’t have a decent CPU, WoW runs like crap (sub 30fps), and you need a GPU for even getting to 60 fps at this point in time.

That’s good to know. I was afraid that WoW was going to end after 3 more expansions

It wont be the last, and i very much doubt well ever get a new game. After the last titan i think well get a huge time skip, like 100+ years. Our characters will be in some kind of hibernation and awake in a fully revamped Azeroth at level 10. Everyrhing that exists now will be legacy content accessible via chromie or something. A soft reset is more likely than scrapping the game and starting over.

It’s called “The Last Titan,” not “The Last Expansion,” and the Worldsoul Saga is just a marketing thing. Endwalker wasn’t the end of Final Fantasy XIV, Endgame wasn’t the end of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, etc.

They have already stated that the game isn’t ending with TLT, so yes, there will be more expansions after.

Well, if we are not all dead by then, I suspect there will be more expansions afterwards.

But 2030 is a long ways away, so who knows.

Yet I’m sure we’re going to get “Is Last Titan the Final Expansion?” questions over and over and over again no matter how much confirmation there is that it isn’t the last expansion short of them literally announcing the next expansion after Last Titan.

2 Likes

I mean… they said 20 year’s… So… prob more. and if people still playing in 20 years… They prob will make more. Just like EQ1 did,

It’s the end of the second chaper of the warcraft story.

Waka waka.

More expansions are coming, many more stories to tell us so it won’t be the last expansion. :dracthyr_nod: