Will the issue with transferring to RP servers be fixed during maintenance?

As long as these tokens don’t expire or suddenly disappear, I am fine waiting. I came here to report this issue but of course it’s already being worked out.

1 Like

It’s not the question itself that scrapes peoples nerves, it’s the number of times per day it’s getting asked.

Brings back too many “are we there yet” memories of road-trips with the kids, particularly as, for days now, there’s been an official thread for updates to the issue.

4 Likes

If I’m being honest, I ask the “are we there yet” question everyday but it’s mostly about when SL is euthanized and “Definitely Dragon Isles” xpac starts.

I just updated our main thread.

Update: 5:40 PM Mar 2
The new client patch has been pushed live. If you were having trouble specifically transferring to an RP realm, please give it another try.

10 Likes

Works great for me now, thank you!

4 Likes

I’m still having issues apparently (I made sure to download the patch and restart my client). I tried to move one of my characters just now and I get the following error: This character is still on cooldown for this service. I have no idea what this means.

Was the character either:

a) Recently transferred (72 hours within the same account, 30 days within a different bnet account)?

b) Boosted within the past 72 hours?

1 Like

My transfer token literally just disappeared on me when I went to use it to go to wrymrest accord?

When I went to use my character transfer to Wyrmrest Accord, it didn’t give me any sign that the transfer went through, and I tried logging in, it just gives me a login fail message

I got it fixed thanks to a friend ^-^

1 Like

I’m still getting an error when trying to transfer. Says I have too many characters on that realm.

I’m trying to move Nollie - Moon Guard to my other active account and the server Sentinels. The account she’s on has 50 slots taken but not the one I’m moving to.

p.s. Do we really need the cheerleader here talking down to people and telling them they should be grateful? We both know who I’m talking about. It’s unnecessary and just frustrates people more that have every right to be frustrated.

a) Recently transferred (72 hours within the same account, 30 days within a different bnet account)? I tried to transfer the char last week when the bug happened and it didn’t go through.

b) Boosted within the past 72 hours? No

@Moredrasia-thrall How did you get it fixed friend? same is happening to me :slight_smile:

It did go through. It looks like you moved the character to a different WOW account and submitted a ticket to have that reversed. So they are still on cooldown from having that transfer completed the other day.

A Game Master may be able to use one of your available tokens and bypass the cooldown given the circumstances here.

We’ve seen a bug where if the source account has the max characters then it can prevent the transfer. Can you try clearing out characters you may not be using anymore? Like level 1 name holders on different realms?

2 Likes

I can’t atm but I will try this afternoon after work. The source account having max characters didn’t even enter my mind.

Thank you for the suggestion. Hope it works!

1 Like

It shouldn’t but I think this has been one of those low priorty bugs because folks rarely run into it. Let us know! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol, I tried using the token to swap realm AND accounts when the issue started. It swapped me to the other account, but didn’t change the realm, despite me having selected a realm, and consumed the token. I opened up a ticket and they refunded my transfer, sending me back to square one - my original realm and account.

Now that the problem is apparently fixed, I tried to use the token to swap servers again. Apparently, despite my prior attempt at transferring off my server having failed and resulted in absolutely nothing, it still incurred the 30 day transfer cooldown.

I have been stuck trying to leave this server for a week, and now I’m looking at another month. The FAQ says Customer Service cannot remove character service cooldowns.

Correct. In most cases this is going to be true, and the response you receive if you request it. However, we definitely understand that there have been bugs with the new system and may be able to assist under these circumstances.

I’ll add a caveat - This is assuming no other bugs prevent our assistance. The game team, and our services team are working together to knock out issues as quickly as they can.

2 Likes

I have heard if the TRANSFERRING account is full you can get this error as well.

Are there any toons that are throw away you could delete? Or slowly restore as the cool down pops?

Seem to remember 46 or s9 let the transfer go through.

Hope that helps

Edit. Should have read JUST a little further lol

Ah, thank you, Kalviery. This makes sense now! I’ll reach out to a GM and see what they can do.

1 Like