Will SL be alt friendly?

it really kind of confirms this WoW A and B team imo, why would WoW ditch the idea of something like class related quests, mage tower cosmetic rewards, etc for what we got in BFA? it HAS to be another team or literally the worst dev team in history which I don’t think wow has. at least as the A team. it has to be 2 teams it makes no sense otherwise also from a development point of view you’d need 2 teams to make content at rate wow does every 2 years plus huge content patches, just saying. well that or sweat shop workers

3 Likes

This gave mounts, titles, appearances and new stories. It was nice. BFA the First run shows it all each side. Follow on runs…ssdd.

hi hunter. The story has these lines and does these things.

Hi demon hunter, the story says these lines and does these things.

Hi druid…I pause the pretend narrator , lemme guess story will say these lines do and do these things.

Yep, how’d you guess?

I do chems with mama murphy…

1 Like

I imagine that SL won’t have as much grindy borrowed power as BFA, so one can only hope it will be more alt friendly. Personally, I’m looking forwards to collecting different helms, shoulders and chests because of their stats, not azerite traits.

There are quite a few systems the plan on rolling out at launch currently, so that makes it alt unfriendy to begin with. Since they seem to believe more systems makes a better game, there will likely be even more added with each patch. I predict it will be the most alt unfriendly expansion in the history of the game.

I honestly thought they had learned something from the failures of bfa, but seeing all the systems and the imbalances within each one on the alpha makes me want to find a new hobby.

1 Like

i still dont understand what alt friendly means.

Hoping PvP goes back to being as alt-friendly as it was in WoD/Legion. It really sucks that there is so much work (all of it PvE) that you have to do before you can PvP.

I want to go back to being able to jump into BGs/arena as soon as I hit max level and start working towards my BiS for PvP. Hopefully vendors will make that a reality.

Timeinvest

I REALLY hope so. Currently as an avid alt player I feel like BFA is giving me OCD and various other afflictions with having to micro-manage who does what to be anywhere near “efficient” with them.

Based on your criteria has any expansion been alt friendly?

I play my alts differently I suppose, but I have found the catch up gear to be very alt friendly. A lot more than any prior expansion but admittedly I don’t think I ever got so many alts to cap level before BFA.

1 Like

Blizz said it would but for something like this I’ll wait till I see it before I believe it.

I always use WoD as my reference point because I believe it had the best catchup gear. When I dinged level 100 I would head to Ashran and run around for 2 hours and come out with 700 ilvl, mythic HFC dropped 740 gear so that would be 94.59% of the max ilvl you could get. Of course you wouldn’t have set bonuses though. In comparison to BFA, you would have to get 449 ilvl in 2 hours.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that in Warlords. To be honest Warlords was a blur. I remember racing to 100 so I could do the MC anniversary event and then taking time to level and do the storyline afterwards. By the time I was finished Tanaan was active and I just rolled into that.

Honestly? It’s looking like it’ll be even worse.

They say it will but we all know Blizzard hates alts.

It better be. I never understood why Blizz intentionally went out of their way to make people want to play the game LESS and not MORE.

Because if players have alot to do on their alts and it’s relatively easy to accomplish then that gives players more to do and more incentive to do it. Meaning more players playing longer into the expansion which means more money for Blizz.

This isn’t a hard concept. Idk why Blizz doesn’t see it.

1 Like

If we go back to limited loot drops, instead of timegated 2ndary power grinds for extending a sub then I would have high hope for alts in SL.

1 Like

I believe their idea is that mains should be mains. I don’t think they intentionally designed the game for it to be difficult to play alts, I think they just designed the game how they felt works best and it just so happened to be alt unfriendly.

I somewhat agree with them but at the same time I believe if it’s easier to play alts that will put more characters in the potential pool for content meaning it’ll be easier for everyone to group since george who mains a rogue now also wants to play his prot warrior.

Depends on what you consider alt friendly.

Mutually exclusive content like Covenants encourages you to play more characters to see every plot. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be easy to gear every alt up for raids.

Nobody cares if you think they are using the wrong definition for their alternate characters.

1 Like

Alt means alternative character does it not? Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s less geared.