Will Ragnaros and Onyxia drop Tier 2?

If BWL isn’t till Phase 3 what will the bosses drop? If anything.

Can’t remember should beable to find it in google classic sights.

tier 2 helm was added to ragnaros I believe with removal of ony 60.

Why would Ragnaros and Onyxia drop tier 2 lol? Where do you expect to be getting Tier 1 from, thin air or charity?

Phase 1 - Tier 1
Phase 3 - Tier 2
Phase 6 - Tier 3

1 Like

Rag drops T2 pants, ony drops the helm

So your saying they just will be two items short till Phase 3

2 Likes

Gues so pants rag ony helm

1 Like

Modified loot table in phase 1 that changes I believe in phase 2. Similar to original wow.

Because they did in vanilla.

3 Likes

Originally, the entire T2 sets dropped in T1 content. They just had lower drop rates. When BWL came around, most of T2 was moved over there, but the head/leg was left behind. They felt that rag/ony were tough enough to justify the higher tier pieces.

How will they do drops here? No idea. If they’re using 1.12 tables, you’d expect the T2 head/leg to still drop. You just won’t be able to get the rest of the set until BWL. I seriously doubt they are going to put all the rest of T2 in MC, despite it originally being there.

8 Likes

Was thinking that there was a note for all the set’s in patch 1.5

The following item sets have had their statistics, effects, and set bonuses updated:

Arcanist, Netherwind, Prophecy, Transcendence, Felheart, Nemesis, Cenarion, Stormrage Raiment, Nightslayer, Bloodfang, Giantstalker, Dragonstalker, Earthfury, Ten Storms, Might, Wrath, Lawbringer, and Judgement.

Ragnaros should, yeah.

I guess the new question is will Tier 2 drop i MC lol

this lol.

this thread has exposed ZOOMERS who didnt play classic.

18 Likes

wrong, T2 was dropping in MC due to a bug, and that was fixed very fast, only a handful of guilds got T2 out of MC.

rag and ony tho have always dropped tier 2, pants and helms, that was intended. T2 off other MC bosses was not and was hotfixed very quick, long before BWL came out.

3 Likes

your right you didnt’ play in vanilla.

The tier 2 eight-piece epic armor set drops primarily from bosses in Blackwing Lair. Early in the game, the set items dropped in Molten Core alongside Tier 1, but were removed in Patch 1.4. Tier 2 was readded in Patch 1.6 with the addition of Blackwing Lair. The tier 2 sets all had placeholder models, which were updated in Patch 1.9.

1 Like

Should be Rag dropping t2 legs and ony dropping t2 helm. The rest wouldn’t be 1.12 appropriate.

1 Like

Only Blizzard can tell you. No one was allowed to beta test raid content as far as I know. But we would expect head/legs to drop as usual. You just won’t be able to get the rest until BWL is released.

2 Likes

bro i have sulfuras, my guild was first into MC on my server. the other poster claimed they were available in MC until BWL was added, which was wrong, they were removed from MC loot tables before BWL was addded. but the drops from ony and rag were always intended to have tier 2.

Yet you seem to not get exalted with ZG till 2009 and never killed hakkar. hmmm

That’s a nice Aqual Quintessence you also got in 2009 I see.

2 Likes

ya and my other classic achievements are from 2008 and not 2004 so it must be fake news and totally not the bugginess of classic achievements. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

So what your saying you would have ZG rep in 2008 if it wasn’t for the fact you did it in 2004 like the other two achievements?

1 Like