Will Ragnaros and Onyxia drop Tier 2?

??? you’re not even coherent. i had/have multiple accounts and chars with achievements spread across all of them, they didn’t register until you logged into them. having my zg rep achieve unlocked in 2008(year achievments were added) or 2009(whenever i logged on the char with the achievement) does not change the reality of when T2 dropped in MC. T2 only dropped in MC off non-ragnaros bosses for a short time before it was hotfixed, before BWL came out, which is all true and can literally be google’d.

1 Like

So then you just havn’t even LOG ON the other 10 account that did kill hakkar?
And ya google is good you should try it out some time her elet me help you out

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tier+2+WoW

2 Likes

except i have a ton of transmog from hakkar and zg and zg was infinitely easier than content i have achievements for? keep rando-posting and not actually looking up the facts about when T2 dropped in MC.

Patch 1.4 notes:

Raid Itemization

• Onyxia, Azuregos, Lord Kazzak, and all Molten Core boss creatures have all received some new items on their loot tables.

• Onyxia will once again drop two upper tier class set helms.

• Most of the non-class set items that dropped from Molten Core and Onyxia have had their effective levels increased, resulting in higher DPS weapons, and/or better stats and effects.

• Players who defeat the Majordomo Executus encounter will now be rewarded with new epic items. This reward will only be granted the first time the encounter is defeated during the 6 day lifespan of a Molten Core instance.

• The loot tables for some of the Molten Core bosses have been improved so they drop an additional epic item per kill.

• World bosses such as Onyxia, Azuregos, and Lord Kazzak will no longer drop random blue items of a level lower than 50.

• Prior to this patch, Molten Core boss creatures could drop items from one of two different tiered sets for every character class. The loot tables have been changed so Molten Core bosses will now only drop items from the lower tier class sets. However, some of the items from those sets were not previously dropping in Molten Core. These missing class set items will now drop in Molten Core, allowing players to complete their lower tier class sets. The higher tier class set pieces that once dropped in Molten Core will be found once again in Blackwing Lair, the next raiding zone scheduled for release in a future patch.

• Future patches will include even more item rewards for these raid encounters, as well as improvements to the statistics, effects, and set bonuses for both tiers of the raid armor sets.

Also, this conversation makes me wonder whether we’ll get to see the Archbishop Benedictus coup event in Stormwind from patch 1.4.1

Probably Tier 2 Legs and Helm.

Because they did in 1.12.

1 Like

I hope T2 has the crappy models at first then the good models get patched in later.

1 Like

Progressive item release, not progressive itemization. It will be the proper models.

Don’t tell Gangsta you got that from google they might get mad!!!

I owned every Orc Warrior in vanilla and I’ll do it again in Classic :man_shrugging:

P.S. I didn’t get it from Google

1 Like

No what he is saying is that the Achievement thing didn’t enter the game until Cata and all the vanilla achievements were automatically set to 2008 upon logging in for the first time. Because there was no such thing as achievements in Vanilla.

2 Likes

Just letting you know achievements and kills weren’t recording until the pre-patch of WOTLK

So kills from vanilla wouldn’t show up period

2 Likes

All previous content Vanilla to BC was automatically set to 2007/2008 depending on if you played during pre-wotlk etc

But if you look at his Achievements they are done in 2009 for someone who says they did vanilla yet never killed hakkar or didn’t get exlated with the trolls till feb 2nd 2009. :smirk:

Random question but majordomo won’t have loot til phase 2 then correct? And hunters won’t be able to craft R’hrok delar til Azeregos is out for the blue sienew. Many players confuse the drop from ony.

I never got many of my vanilla achievements. Neither MC nor BWL ever materialized for me despite clearing both in vanilla. It’s also possible that those dates represent the first time logging in after achievements were added to the game. I’m not sure how the retroactive dates were supposed to work.

1 Like

Again its when the person logged in and as other people said some achievements from Vanilla didn’t transfer when achievements first came out. Look at my achievements and go under the feats. I believe it says I obtained my warlord title in 2008. When I actually did that well before BC was released.

Loot drops in MC are purely speculation at this point but yes, Hunters won’t be able to get the Mature Blue Dragon Sinew until Azeregos joins us in phase 2

Ouch , plus these mega servers will definitely need some sort of fix at that point, tags for that dragon are premium… if my guild isn’t competitive enough I’ll definitely have to offer gold for that seniew.

Right, none of the dates should be before 2008 when the achievements were added, but some of them might display 2009 or later if the player didn’t log in from before achievements were added until later for the past achievements to be assigned. I’m just not clear on whether that last part is correct or whether they would all have the 2008 date on them regardless of when the player first logged in after achievements were added to the game

It was my understanding that flags for completing achievements didn’t exist in vanilla. When achievements were added the flags were added too. So if you killed rag in MC post achievements, you got flagged for it AND the achiev.

I thought they did pseudo checks for it when that character logged in the first time after achieve were brought in. So if you had rag loot somewhere in your bags/bank you got the achiev, and may or may not activate the flag. If you didn’t have loot, the game had no idea if you had cleared and you didn’t get the achiev until you did the run again.

CBF looking for patch notes, but I believe it worked like this.

1 Like