I mean even then I’m happy with that
As well as priest alts.
I think M+ healer choice comes down more like this:
utility > healing throughput > dps
So I imagine resto druids will remain top tier, with hpally next, simply because of utility.
I do think though priests will do better in M+ with bursting being dispellable and having more dps to toss out.
I think it won’t be possible to know until we’re close to launch and have a pre raid tuning pass that balances the soulbinds and legendaries.
I don’t play a pally what’s their utility like
What are the lengendaries?
To many to list here but if you google priest legendaries shadowlands you will get a good view but keep in mind they are still being changed/removed/added because of how difficult a challenge balancing them has been for all classes.
Blessing of Freedom, Blessing of Protection, Hammer of Justice, Divine Shield, Blinding Light, Blessing of Sacrifice
That utility combined with Devo Aura/Aura Mastery, strong burst healing and high dps makes hpally pretty strong in M+.
All that said, I still think rdruids will be top choice in SL M+ just because of utility.
Can you explain what those do?
Here’s a good place to start:
BoFreedom: Removes and prevents snares/slows on target for x seconds.
BoProtection: Damage immunity on target for x seconds.
Divine Shield: Damage immunity for self for x seconds.
Blinding Light: AoE disorient.
BoSacrifice: Transfers damage done to target, to Paladin at reduced amounts.
I don’t remember the exact time that each spell lasts for, but that’s the gist of it.
Dungeon fixes I’d like to see for Holy:
- Guardian Spirit needs to have a better effect, such as a battle rez (it can sort of serve as one right now but only if you can see the future)
- Better gear scaling so you can join keys you outgear and make the run smoother
- Better panic mode healing. Right now you’re not encouraged to conserve HW Serenity because your fillers recharge it. This interacts poorly with a lot of dungeon mechanics where they’ll blast the party down to 33% health for the lulz. Holy Word mechanic would be better off as a bank of resources you can spend like Rage. “Holy Power” is taken so call it the Grace Meter or whatever.
- Serenity just being a heal but better that Flash Heal is boring and bad. Have it grant external damage reduction or something that makes you feed like a chad healer.
Raid fixes I’d like to see for Holy:
- Cooldowns that do something good, and don’t just give mana to the chad healers.
- Prayer of Mending cooldown resets when you crit with an AoE heal.
- Smarter PoM mechanics to bring it in line with Renewing Mists.
- Like Serenity, Radiance should give DR instead of being Healing+
- Since Legion Discipline isn’t going away, Holy should get some of the toys Disc had pre-Legion, like passive smarthealing Atonement, and Divine Aegis. Power Word: Shield is a pointless unprune.
- Throughput should NOT be balanced around Holy Words being used off CD.
- Having both Flash Heal and Heal needs a serious rethink. Right now, if things are safe enough that you can get away with casting Heal, the party could have gotten away with bringing a resto-affinity Boomkin instead of you.
As it stands, Holy has a long way to go before it’s top tier of anything but roleplaying as Inquisitor Whitemane.
The problem is that blizz doesnt give throughput to throughput healers. They just give some healers a bunch of DR and utility and some healers get nothing.
I mean hey at least we got something
Idk, I kind of wish they would make Holy Fires DoT spreadable when you smite the target.
One thing I noticed is holy fire has a cast time now it’s wack
Yeah. I don’t think it procs anymore either to have a stacking debuff possible anymore. I haven’t played around too much though. Idk, I don’t think SWP and SWD is actually going to help that much. SWP is nice to have again just for PvP reasons though.
Mending is now a one-of-a-kind spell that has never been done before in the game, well, I concede that Lay on Hands does, but Prayer of Mending is now a percentage based heal and I applaud this move by Blizzard. -Here’s hoping we see more to come.
It becoming instant again was def. a necessity.
Yeah holy is feeling more like the Wrath priest than ever before. I loved Wrath Holy and was really annoyed to lose my instant mending. The renew jumps, the 10% heal, it’s a great thing.
No my dots!!