Will holy priests be top tier now?

I was secretly hoping to see a return of Wrath Lightwell, not the click version, the auto healing one… Maybe we might get the awesome Lightwell back one day.

2 Likes

That would be a great improvement.

1 Like

Exactly. Just for funsies I ran a +2 last night on my holy priest to see what’s changed. Man, do they have a ton of heals and so little of everything else. I did like the extra dps options, but it’s hard going from rdruid or hpally in M+ and trying priest. It makes me sad - I mained priest for years and got my LK kill on her back in wrath. I’d love to enjoy pushing keys on her.

2 Likes

I’ve not done any competitive content and am just going off my current leveling experience with a H Priest alt…but while having HW:S back is nice, it really doesn’t help that much. It’s def. a nice buffer, kind of reminds me of BC usage as a Holy Priest.

Yeah, having SW:P is great and all, but I think an AoE is still a huge need outside of Holy Nova. Folks don’t want to spend the globals on applying all those SW:P to targets. Having Holy Fire and Smite synergy would be nice and feel fluid to the rotation.

2 Likes

I honestly think they’re still going to stink. I’ll still run dungeons with ya though!

1 Like

What’s ur io?

Buff Penance imo. It’s very weak in terms of dmg throughput.

https://raider.io/characters/us/hyjal/Jasonhourne

Stopped doing keys ~2months ago. Going to fire it up again in SL, although I’m 99% playing Alliance. I will have a geared horde toon, though.

Ah ok we have similar iOS

Silly Zysis, we can’t have Disp doing damage. Silly Zysis…

IDK, I’ll just invite whatever healer applies within the first 30 minutes of waiting. LOL!

1 Like

I don’t even want all healers to be good at doing damage. Some, like holy, should specialize in throughput and utility. Others can specialize in other aspects.

3 Likes

Haha, no.

As long as healing specs are designed to be as competitive with each other as possible and as long as Disc does damage to achieve the majority of it’s healing, it will always be better than Holy. This is a fundamental flaw with the class imo.

There’s still no damage reduction CDs for others or yourself, Holy Fire has a cast time now (seriously, what the actual heck) and all Holy really got to show for it was instant PoM.

The only way Holy could be better than Disc in M+ is if Holy gets some unique utility. Right now DIsc does more DPS (and gets to heal while doing it) and has much better utility and CDs.

They got power word shield my dude

PW:S doesnt interact with mastery, does it? Mastery being as important as it is for holy, I doubt it will really help beyond competing with renew as something you push while moving.

Holy needs to be top throughput by significant margins. While it does similar healing as disc, there’s no reason to not play the spec that does damage.

Still gonna be dog poop outside of perhaps bursting week with that dispel. Isn’t even that they’re that bad, just aren’t druids. Disc priest I think will always be bad in keys

I played disc priest last night and I must say, I am in love. It’s a lot of fun.

As a person who has mained healers since Ice Crown Wrath, healing is only as good as the player. Yes I am throwing shade at bad healers who just suck at healing and blame the class.

Short answer…no

Long answer…nope

1 Like

Can I at least get a TLDR please. God the ignorance of some people.

XD

Best stats are crit haste. Then vers once you get to high keys. Pws will definitely help

Idk where you’re getting poop from when I’ve seen 4K io priests but ok. Disc isn’t as bad as holy.

I think they will be better now though