Will "High King" Turalyon attack or abuse the Horde before Anduin's return?

Oh he definitely means Lordaeron, right? Right?

There’s so many arrows pointing toward some kind of Light-based plot in Lordaeron now that most of the Forsaken have been cleared out. There were also those random Scarlet pamphlets.

4 Likes

Well he’s talking about ‘old’ Alliance territory, so presumably from back in his day. Which leaves us with Dalaran, that broke neutral, Alterac, which broke dead, and Lordaeron… and Silvermoon. Which is wife would be very keen to try and take back.

So, either or really.

3 Likes

Stupid boomers.

9 Likes

I believe, that if The Naaru show up in force with the intention to, ahem “INDUCT” Azeroth into an Light Army, Turalyon would not oppose them.

And that makes him dangerous.

2 Likes

Restoring old holdings could also mean places like Nethergarde Keep. It’s right next to Stormwind and keeps an eye on the portal that has connected Azeroth to different worlds and even timelines. Likewise, restoring the Thoradin and Gilneas Walls would be smart moves.

I have a hard time seeing Turalyon pushing to completely occupy Lordaeron when the Alliance’s hold on the Northern Eastern Kingdoms isn’t particularly strong. In the recent novel we know the lands of Arathi have Horde refugees fleeing them, but that never gave any indication they were fleeing the Eastern Kingdoms altogether.

2 Likes

He would oppose them.

11 Likes

Well that’s alarming. Nothing like the ragemonster Genn and the Light Fanatic who has been completely out of the loop of Azeroth for a thousand years being in charge. Also, god damned. Poor Rokhan finally “sure why not’s” his way into the leadership role for the Darkspear, and now he’s THE major OG player on the Horde. I really hope Rexxar sticks around to help.

15 Likes

I don’t like Saurfang as much as the next guy, but ‘coward’ is probably not a title he has earned.

6 Likes

He attempted suicide via Alliance instead of facing the reality of orcish “honor.” There’s more to bravery than just facing danger.

3 Likes

But he was ultimately stopped in that act, which means he only contemplated suicide. Saurfang then faced the reality of orcish “Honor” (openly admitting that neither he nor his generation were ever worthy of it). Then he faced down what he knew would be his death, with it being framed that he did that because he believed the next generation might be worthy of it?

That was the entire context of “The Negotiation” cinematic. It was the moment someone of Saurfang’s Orcish generation finally got real about what the Orcish Horde really was; and the flaw in Thrall’s design for the current one being built upon his romanticized vision of that original monstrous army. Which reinforced the resulting dissolution of the Warchief position.

Saurfang died a SUPER flawed Martyr, but guy was no coward. Hell, his sacrifice actually does work conceptually better than either Ogrim or Grom’s. They both sacrificed themselves in an attempt to make up for a lifetime of mistakes, but with how it was framed Saurfang had accepted he could never hope to make up for his … and in the end just wanted to give the next generation a chance at a better life (and a chance at the “Honor” he admitted he was never worthy of).

20 Likes

It’s almost like he had a charater arc that began at a low place that he had to rise up from, like he had some sort of flaw that he had to overcome

13 Likes

Needing to get lectured by a teenager about honor is well beyond “a low place”.

:cactus:

26 Likes

I really don’t think so if only because I think Blizzard will try to move away from the Red vs Blue mentality for at least one expansion after the trash fire that was BFA. At least I hope so.

Nah.
:face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t count on it. They already stated that the Red vs Blue is the very bedrock on which this game is built and to not even include it in some way in every expansion is like actually admitting that their game design is flawed and could exist without it…

But they’ll never do that.

And Blizzard still won’t update his model /grumblegrumble.

A Horde led by Rokhan is a Horde I can get behind again.

Also 100% on board for Turalyon’s light crusade adventure.

Also Blizzard needs to update the throne textures they’re looking a little bit Sega Saturn these days.

8 Likes

And he gets manipulated by said boy just as easily as he was by Sylvanas. Died like he lived, a chump.

13 Likes

Malfurion did promise Elerethe that he would tend to the valley in her name.

1 Like

I mean jeez, just give the poor guy a new model Blizz. Give Gazlowe one too while we’re at it, its hard to even tell he’s in the room half the time. He’s our racial leader now after all. Also, bring god damned Nazgrel back into the story again Blizz! Gimme a Thrall getting back to his WC3 roots, the trio of Rokhan/Rexxar/Nazgrel, and Gazlowe … and that is a lot of WC3 Horde faces right there.

Honestly, they’re kind of all that is left from the OG crew.

9 Likes

Not necessarily. He got over Illidan killing Xera and when push came to shove he was amicable about working with Alleria and the Void.

He really isn’t as Light fanatical as people make him out to be. Can anyone give me examples of him being all militant about eclipsing the world in light?

3 Likes