Will Blizzard turn Retail WoW in the direction of being an MMORPG again?

Right, so in other words me saying difficulties and complexities were removed in favor of simplicity and easiness for people like you and there was nothing I can do about it. In other words, you selecting the “easy” mode was imposed on me. Your slow hands and inability to want to juggle different statistics and complexities was chosen by Blizzard and applied to everyone, so when I said

I would if the difficulty they chose was applied to me without me being able to do anything about it.

you were wrong to tell me that doesn’t happen

Clearly it drives you to keep posting against the impenetrable wall of ideals that is me, no matter how futile.

Then you have the outlook of a curmudgeon. You can still replicate the old system just fine, it’s still there. But don’t get mad because people would rather use new thing than old thing.

If you consider ‘easy’ to be less grindy, then yes. I don’t know why, nor do I want to know why you consider that gaum to be enjoyable, but the majority and Blizzard itself seems to have disagreed with you.

1 Like

You start an alt. That was level cap for non-raiders in Vanilla.

Because it wasn’t just grinding? We just went over a whole list of examples and all you say is it was about the grind?

You are arguing dishonestly. And yes, the majority of the current playerbase that is left would disagree with me… but that’s because those who wouldn’t have been bleeding out over the years as the game no longer agrees with them. Which is basically another part of my point

That’s what it was. Grind for resistance gear, grind for tokens to reroll stuff. I have no pity or sympathy now that it’s gone. I’ve grown older, I’m busier. I don’t have time for that horseraddish.

1 Like

impenetrable wall of ideals that is me

Glory to thee, I am glad we have people like you around to teach old curmudgeons such as myself the meaning of the game and how we should enjoy it.

1 Like

It never stopped being one. It just stopped being one you like.

2 Likes

In other words, you’re smashing your head against a brick-wall here and thinking you’ll be able to change my mind, when I detest your line of thinking.

Play the game however you like, stuff is optional. Just don’t go getting mad and demanding everyone else change to accommodate you.

4 Likes

…What?

What does that have to do with different stats, reforging, bigger spellbooks, or the other things in my list of things removed? (And that’s not even getting into the things that have been added)

I am talking about multiple expansions of things being pruned and removed, or things being added to make the whole thing easier or simpler (and, in turn, less meaningfull). And you preferring it isn’t really the point - you appear to have the game you want. My entire point is that I have no choice in the difficulty when they straight up remove things from the game. You asked someone if they would be mad for choosing easy mode. I’m not saying I’m mad for you liking easy mode. I’m saying it sucks that I can do nothing about that mode being imposed on me.

I had no intention of changing your mind when I realized it was made up some time ago (maybe around the 3rd post or so?) I just get amusement out of it, the forums are part of the game and were honestly the best part of it during WoD.

This thread is just another pointless “Can we make retail more like classic?” thread… People need to get over it.

6 Likes

I’d hardly consider it easy mode. Less tedious? Yes. Maybe you’re confused on that front, I don’t know. Have you considered looking elsewhere for what you seek? It’s clear Blizzard doesn’t think your wants are of pertinence.

Luckily for you, there’s a WoW that caters right to your needs. It’s called Classic. Go get em.

Um, I’m logged in and playing right now so obviously you don’t know what you’re talking about. Not once did I say I disliked it. I play Retail. I’m wondering if they will return it to its original genre because I don’t believe it falls in the category of being an MMORPG anymore.

You would hardly consider it easy mode. For me, everything aside from Mythic raiding is mindnumbing - and even then, some of the early bosses can be done in one’s sleep. I am not complaining on behalf of you. I am complaining on behalf of me and my interests. Blizzard offers me Mythic raiding which is a good challenge and so I enjoy it. That doesn’t mean I can’t wish there was more enjoyable and challenging content or overall depth to the game in the way of things like more stats, more abilities, etc.

But in our analogy, “easy mode” (which, by the way, is kind of funny you’d say you’d “hardly consider it easy mode” when you were the one that brought up “easy mode” in the first place. maybe you’re the one that’s confused :wink: ) was selected and applied to everyone, not just you.

no point in arguing with GD OP
the casuals that have taken over retail love the current version
let them get back to their newborns and slave jobs
and let us just have fun playing w.e :smiley:

God forbid you control freaks with your silly definitions mind your own business.

1 Like

I used to be all for classic. Then your lot came to this place.

Easy mode for me is LFR. What you want is for the rest of the game to be more tedious and monotinous so you can feel better about yourself, and get more exclusivity. I’ll say it again, your wants don’t outweigh the wants of the majority.

The majority clearly did not care for things like resistances, or bloated rotations.

1 Like

The majority of the people still playing, maybe. I wouldn’t say that it is a certainty that the majority feels the way you do. Most are probably impartial either way. However, the majority of the people still playing is a lesser number than the majority of people that enjoyed the game and played when it was in a state like the one I enjoyed.

At any rate, that isn’t the point and you are maneuvering around everything I say to argue a new tangent every post. I’m good with this one lol

Those people have also decidedly grown older, and moved on to different pastures.

Yes I have. I also remember stepping on the wrong side of the bulwark and being mauled by a bear.