Will Blizzard start to fix retail due to the success of Classic?

They did, it’s called Burning Crusade, Wrath of Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor, Legion, and Battle for Azeroth.

7 Likes

retail isn’t broken… so what’s to fix?

8 Likes

Just an aside as I see this all the time. For those of you who don’t actually know what the GCD changes in BfA were, for the most part they added a few longer CD abilities to GCD where they weren’t previously. Many people seem to not realize that the slower GCD is because you don’t have 30-40% haste at all times anymore.

2 Likes

Classic is Classic.

Retail is Retail. We all want retail to be good, WoW being good is good for everyone.

But that’s not up to us, nor the success of Classic, thats up to the Dev team to admit they’re wrong. Which is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

8 Likes

I honestly only play(ed) BM hunter with any seriousness.

They put some critical stuff on the GCD that wasn’t, and also slowed some stuff down signficantly, independent of the whole not having a leveled titanstrike (which I actually didn’t for most of legion and still found things to be… tolerable if not enjoyable until I was forced to upgrade to not get ganked :smiling_imp:).

Point is… you’re probably right, but I don’t know or care about that, because Leoric is king, you hear me? Long live the king!

(I think BM hunters did get it pretty bad because my main remains unplayable).

1 Like

Ditch azerite. Make the classes fun to play again. There retail is fixed.

6 Likes

The artifact weapons did have a lot of useful passive stuff that made things feel way better. I’ve pretty much always played demo and Thal’kiel had a bunch of traits that gave pets enough crit that made it a less desirable stat to get on gear outside of an implosion aoe build. I’m sure other specs had similar things that have similar benefits and allowed for more focused gearing. Just wanted to point out the differences between the GCD changes and lower haste as a general aside.

To be fair I actually put a considerable amount of (dungeonless) effort into getting my main character to 375 iLvl while I was still playing a while ago and it was… still unbelievably slow.

In contrast, Legion took very little effort to get to a point where my character actually felt truly fun to play (it was only the very onset that they felt a little slow… not great but still whatever).

In other words, something’s clearly off here, and whatever three card monte style mixaround occurs with what’s causing it, it didn’t take much to have a lot of fun in Legion because the character speed (from my experience almost exclusively with BM hunters) was way faster and more responsive in general.

Again, lots of abilities off the GCD makes the game a lot of fun to play.

Might be a nightmare for servers, bandwidth, etc., but… well…

…there’s always a tradeoff between pain and fun. :cupid:

I havent even been able to log in yet due to terrible servers. Dont wanna call that a succes.

1 Like

Haha success.

(As thousands sit in 4-8 hr ques to log in)

1 Like

Feels like they need to lengthen and questing experience and force more social activity. Also get rid of flying mounts.

Running all over the place in Classic and seeing little groups of people off in the distance doing their thing is actually fun. As is making supply trips back to town to sell, repair, buy and learn talents.

World feels so much more alive than just afk-flying to where you want to go, or teleporting.

3 Likes

My first move, wouldn’t be to get to excited of it just yet. We are entering the fourth day and I know at least a dozen games I played that had great success for the first week or two and then feel flat upon their faces and died.

Most people haven’t even hit the dog days of classic yet. We are still in the honeymoon stage.

1 Like

Because it’s new, and shiny for a lot of people. Especially for the folks who may have started during TBC years, or later. And of course the addicts who have played this game since 2004 are going to flock to it also to get their fix that is nothing new lol.

3 Likes

Oh i see that the goal posts have been moved further and further yet again. From 3 days to 1 week and now to six months? Lol some of you guys are really in denial. Classic is a huge success and blizzard being a business entity will no doubt be looking at why classic is so successful and will integrate that into retail.

6 Likes

Classic regardless of your success definition has clearly made a massive impact and yes the longer the classic servers are full the more the message will be clear what is likely wrong with modern game design.

That said there is a lot of good in retail as well. Its the over simplification of class design that I see as a negative.

Yes there were cookie cutter builds for raiding in Classic but raids were also basically just don’t face pull and meet the dps check…

PvP back then the build range was actually pretty diverse. Hybrid builds were fun and I liked trying new variations even if they didn’t pan out.

7 Likes

Bring back class identity and fix class gameplay. Reduce the amount of RNG, especially rng layered on rng. Immediately improved

6 Likes

Whatever they do the devs shouldn’t listen to this. If you want to play that way then classic is for you. I want to play a game with some QoL features and if socialization has to be “forced” then its really communism and we all see how well that worked out. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

There’s a good chance Blizzard will lean toward classic game design in the future. We will see how well the population holds multiple months from now.

1 Like

I made this same type of content yesterday and the reddit clowns couldn’t stand it.

I’m glad that people are having fun, but let’s not rush to judgement. For the first few weeks people thought WOD was the greatest thing ever.

2 Likes

ok we will talk, it will be a success, the biggest MMO launch in history and it’s a 15 year old game.

3 Likes