Will Blizzard Nerf Warlocks? Blizzards Inconsistency

So when groups start stacking 8+ Warlocks for Ulduar is Blizzard going to “represent” the class better?

Not really sure how many guilds you think were stacking 4+ Unholy Dks in raid.

Examples of guilds stacking Warlocks with Unholy still being “overpowered”.

Updated with First week Ulduar Stats. Look whose at the top…

8 Likes

There’s enough S tier specs out there I doubt any of them get stacked to 8+.

Like TBC was warlock heaven but it’s not like we were stacking 10 of them per raid.

They should do a flat 30% damage reduction to ret

22 Likes

Here’s an example with 7 on this most recent PTR.

I’m sure the group comp would have had less DKs had this nerf been in place too. Possibly more Warlocks then.

They’re stacking locks because of how a raid mechanic works for Yogg, not because warlocks are strong. Obviously locks are strong, but there’s a very specific reason they stack them on that fight.

4 Likes

So you don’t think top raids will be stacking locks for other encounters even though they’ll be top dps assumingly?

I think the issue is not that DK is top DPS, but that they would stand to gap out further and further as the top DPS patch by patch. In the blue post the author makes it sound like an issue of scaling and degree of how much Unholy DK DPS would be above the pack.

Here’s a quote from the blue post:

However, the current data we have demonstrates that if left untouched, Death Knights stand to scale up significantly more than any other DPS class in the game for the remainder of Wrath of the Lich King Classic.

6 Likes

It makes sense, but not really. I posted a video of how the meta already shifts somewhat to Warlocks for longer fights.

While this is possible the changes they are making are still hamfisted and lazy. Instead of capping the haste snapshot, or reducing the way haste scales on the garg, they’re just breaking morb and ruining a playstyle most UHDK’s use 2 weeks from a new raid.

Most everything stays the same in terms of the play style doesn’t it?

You’re going to want to snap shot attack-power on your gargoyle (?) and (at least according to Blizzard) UH DK is still slated to be competitive for the top DPS spot.

1 Like

It’s too early to tell what exactly it will look like but it will be substantially different. The whole morb playstyle revolves around a very small snapshot window, without that window being relevant anymore for haste we will shift to AP which does snapshot instead, So on several levels you’re doing different things, different weapon enchants, unholy presence becomes a bigger thing and fundamentally your entire rotation would change if the build is even worth using.

2 Likes

Also I should add note that blizzard didn’t say UHDK would be a top DPS spot, that DK would. And they said “still” which is weird because currently all data for uld shows locks at the top, unless they are using naxx data which has 30s fights?

1 Like

That is the same reason guilds are stacking UH dks in Naxx. The fights are essentially 70s training dummies and UH has good burst. Balancing base around a raid that has negative difficulty is asinine. Unholy would have been nerfed by the nature of the content in Ulduar.

1 Like

30% naw thats to lenient. How about a 90% nerf to ret. When speced ret all you cab do is white swing and cast buffs. It will feel just like vanilla classic!

3 Likes

Would it be better to reduce gary CD to 1 min and make it last 1/3 the duration. That way snapshotting it is still possible but getting that perfect snap shot isnt as impactful due to reduced duration for that snapshot, how lust buff, sated, and internal CDs on procs work?

Do you think that would be a better change?

I’d wager they’d probably do it to gear them for yogg more than anything.

I think the big question is if warlock scaling completely outpaces everyone or if they’re just good because of how the raid works. If warlocks compete with everyone but they’re class stacked for the raid that’s different than they do 20k DPS when everyone else can do 12k at best.

I don’t disagree. A comment I made to some guildies was fights like thaddius aren’t crazy DK fights cause it lasts too long. Patchwerk isn’t dominated by our guild’s DKs either. It’s fights like Noth or Maex.

Whats even funnier is going into P2 all 3 lock specs will be top of their game, not only will we be stacked on some fights, but our 3rd “SUBPAR” spec will be better than most others. It sucks thats its this way and i feel for the classes that could use some help. Still tho, lock is as it always has been, arguably the best overall class in the game. Shoutout to all my Destros still riding and still beating up “meta” classes on the meters.

3 Likes

Don’t you think it might be okay for DK to perform well in the literal DK expansion?
This line of reasoning of Warlock has always been OP, therefore they should be allowed to remain OP is flawed.

If you accept balance changes for DK then it should be logical to accept them for all high performing specs. Especially ones that utilize the same mechanics to do well as the on that is being nerfed.

You abused your toy and it gets broke now you yell at daddy blizz to break another child’s toy

child mentality smh

12 Likes