Will Blizzard ever listen to the collectors in this game?

A lot of collectors don’t want a dramatic increase, but a BLP that shows progress, otherwise its like the love rocket 10+ years and nothing to show, increase me the drop % by 0.1 % with each kill or provide a side currency system that takes more that 1 year. That turns the grind into a goal.

2 Likes

What’s the issue with having a rare mount in the game only some will have?

I’ve also found that (in general) new players are a lot more accepting of the existence of rewards they want, but do not have (both RNG and unobtainable).

When talking about power. They learned in legion/BFA/SL that expecting you to do a daily grind in trivial content in order to do what you actually want is a problem. Thing with this mount, is that it’s just a recolor of a mount that you can deterministically craft for yourself. It does not affect your characters performance in any content if you have the green recolor vs any other flying mount.

I have never been so happy as the day that damned head dropped. I fly it everywhere.

Oh really, I can buy the easter eggs with cash? I did not know that.

The problem is the acquisition, those mounts are a lottery, some players get it just pure luck, other players have to grind this until it became a fustrated process.

Have you read this comment from a reward Dev?

You should think that maybe some players got luck and some of those players won’t care about that item, even if it’s a recolor for some, for other players is their favorite color, its the mount that match a transmog…etc any amount of reasons.

If a Dev start its comment with “This isn’t fun”, well its failing to provide a good experience in a game.

Well, they mentioned the same in the last live chat when C.C talked about Hallow’s end…They keep saying the same for non-power related topics too. It doesn’t affect character performance but a lot of players don’t play the same game that’s for power, they play for cosmetics or other side games…Roleplay…etc

3 Likes

Nah go speak to the mount collectors, you will find there are like 4 people who disagree with what I said, the rest of us all agree and would be happy to farm longer for a currency just as a fail safe.

1 Like

Oh, you’ve talked to everyone who has at any point identified as that?

1 Like

Again. What is the problem with or issue with having rare items/mounts that some people will never get? A lot of things aren’t fun in wow. Devs say dumb things on the regular

Nice pulling out a specific quote just to make an argument. Try reading the entire post first.

We don’t care how long it takes if there is a failsafe also.

The reason we don’t like farming for years is because there is zero guarantee that we will ever get anything. That’s the entire reason you hate mount farming, is because you have no guarantee at all and everything you done could be just a waste of time.

I’m not going to sit here and tell you to “Keep at it, if I can do it so can you” because that’s crap, the entire point of my post is to point out how much better it would be if we knew after X amount of time we would have the mount so all that farming wasn’t for nothing.

From all the people I have spoken to over the years who are collecting mounts there has been a handful at most who disagree with what I said, so yeh, I can happily say I have spoken to enough mount collectors that they will agree with what I am saying.

1 Like

He’s one of the people you’re claiming to speak for.

2 Likes

Well, Dev already mentioned all the problems, the thing is that you don’t perceive those as problems from your point of view.

• Fustrating Grinds that required numbers to beat the odds.

• Fustrating Gameplay that don’t provide a good experience: bosses that die in few seconds without any kind of good interaction,therefore; not a fun experience.

and from there we can mention specific issues with each event like Limit instance, bugs like the ones with the egg…etc and that for 0 progress after 10+ years and can continue like that for other 10+ years.

Players with that item as a goal because any number of reason will eventually burn out, quit the game, provide negative comments to possible new players…there’s a lot of variables.

1 Like

That flying carpet is just awful though.- I would never use it if i get it-

You have to understand who the Game’s Director is and how he got the job. Ion Hazzikostas, before working at Blizzard, was a Lawyer who played WoW in his free time. He was a founding member and guild leader of Elitist Jerks, one of the first guilds to start treating Raiding and High End Dungeons as a sport, creating some of the first guides about min-maxxing builds and exploiting content to get PvE content done as fast as possible.

Because of the knowledge he displayed of the mechanics in his breakdowns, he was hired by Blizzard as an encounter designer. He quickly climbed the ranks due to his background as a Lawyer, giving him a greater insight into Corporate workings than your average engineer or developer had. This lead to him eventually becoming favored by Bobby Kotick and eventually placed as the head of World of Warcraft as Bobby made his moves for Activision to overtake the Blizzard part of the company.

Ion Hazzikostas doesn’t design the game for people who actually play the game as an MMORPG, he designs the game for Elitist Jerks, Corporate Boards, and potential Advertising Partners for the various websites dedicated to the game.

1 Like

Yeah they have and now mount collecting is a joke, which is why I think these threads are completely silly.

What is the point of these requested changes when you can have 400 over the current achievement and there’s no evidence of them slowing down?

That’s another issue that some mount collectors like myself have mentioned a lot of times and its related to the removed items in game and their lack of investment into collecting as a goal mechanic.

And you’re right the game is so old that we already got so many mounts, however; that doesn’t change the factor that some players will love a mount for X/Y reason and not because its part of their collection.

If you don’t like RNG mounts, then don’t collect RNG mounts.

When blizzard puts them in, people do the content that grants them, so I don’t think it’s going to change until players stop doing the content.

Unironically, if the nobelgarden update had been exactly the same as it was, but no mount reward at all, there would be reviewed as positive.

1 Like

I didn’t do this Noble Garden mount with all my alts, I stopped and came here to complain, that’s the same pattern after they said, they’ll change it.

No, I’ll still do a thread about their lack of replayability, gameplay for holidays as a I already did several times. For me its not only about a mount,pet…etc but their lack of innovation regarding holidays too.

1 Like

So, if you’re going to complain no matter what they do, why should they bother trying to please you at all?

You’re still giving them money to post here.

2 Likes

I didn’t say not matter what they do, I’ll provide feedback, for example, I didn’t complain for patch 10.2 mounts, actually I did a thread mentioning the good work and how a lot of other mounts should be treated like the mounts in that patch.

I give credit to good changes and I also provide feedback and complain about bad ones.

Obviously, I’ve my perfect scenario, however; Devs focus resourses in next expansion, seasonal content…etc and it won’t match my ideal holiday

A Holiday event could have a :

• PvP brawl
  • World quest
  • World event like super bloom…etc
  • Scenario / Instance boss fight

Provide content to multiple sections of the game, reward currency for any kind of content.

Provide evergreen rewards like XP potions, Runes, Catch up gear.

Also, It could be used as BLP for some cosmetics, imagine the mount being a rare drop from the boss and a massive amount of currency that you can grind in different gameplay.

1 Like