Adding More Gender Options?

In the recent Blizzard survey, they asked a question about gender Identity, which acknowledged more gender options.

Will this mean there will be more representation for the gender spectrum in character customization in the near future?

Right now, we only have 2 choices, which seems to discriminate against all the other people.

16 Likes

I would say you can already be non binary and be in your male/female body of choice.

We have nothing down there so it doesn’t matter all too much.

121 Likes

That doesn’t make any sense. If that’s the case, then why bother even having any options?

8 Likes

My furry art says otherwise!

Plus non binary is about identity, not genitals or even appearance, though boomers think non binary=androgynous lol.

If they added it, then it would simply be a personal choice, it wouldnt affect anything other than their gender in a checkbox, would still have the same appearance but prefer the term non binary myself uwu

Edit: Lmao I just realized this was from an official blizz mail, cant wait to see the butthurt from the usual status quo warriors xD

2 Likes

not this kind of threads :man_facepalming:

off to silenced you go.

162 Likes

The existing options are for body type. E.G you can be a male and prefer a female body type for your Ingame avatar. You can be non binary and have a male avatar.

@ralph fair enough, I’d be ok with that

6 Likes

Body type and voice.

Basically all you’re doing is picking between a butch or more slender model.

3 Likes

No we don’t.

Stop being ageist. Stop being ignorant. Understand everyone is different and every age group has its myopic idiots. Even yours.

I’m more curious as to how you’d design non-binary options in the character creation screen. I actually think it’s an interesting idea, I’m not sure anything short of a sliding adjustment on almost every feature head to toe would satisfy non-binary aspects.

60 Likes

One of these days the Schizophyllum Commune will get on this.

4 Likes

So what next? BFA had a faction war. Do we need a gender war? If that’s the case I vote Blue Gender cause it was awesome.

7 Likes

If they know what they are doing and arent just fake pandering like the trash disney “representation” then they would know that non binary is not defined by appearance or voice or whatever, it is about inner personal identity.

In other words people would be able to choose the bodytype they like, be it masculine or feminine and then can use a gender option from male, female, non binary and that gender option wouldnt really change anything, it would be more of a personal RP thing if anything, your character being labeled as such with at best a reference on a quest text.

What I expect, and I am being generous knowing blizzard is that they simply might add more options that can be used for all genders, such as earring who are considered a feminine thing to be used on characters with masculine body, or hairstyles that are considered feminine be allowed on masculine characters.

And not my fault their group has a far higher % of status quo warriors than younger generations, nobody is saying all of X are bad, but when the majority of a group are known for bigoted, racists etc beliefs then that is what people see them as, and people in that group that arent that should understand that.

2 Likes

I hope not.

30 Likes

I want a big, muscle bound character with a girly voice only because I think it would be hilarious.

13 Likes

This is clearly a troll post right?, like clearly no one thinks like this… for a fantasy video game…

69 Likes

Yeah but I refuse to play a game, that does all that non binary mumbo jumbo… let real world problems stay out of games…

78 Likes

Oh dear, subjects loved and totally respected by the denizens of GD. Here. We. Go.

:popcorn:

3 Likes

What exactly does a Gender non-conforming or non-binary look like?

9 Likes

I think Blizzard is just interested in some demographics.

8 Likes

It doesnt, looks=/=gender

1 Like

It’s called playing imagination.

19 Likes