Adding More Gender Options?

This is why we need playable Sethrak and Arrakoa. :wink:

7 Likes

The thing about role play is you can play whatever gender you like. Maybe I’m a vixen trapped in a dog fox body.

6 Likes

So you could literally just make a female character instead of making your male character, because I don’t think anyone wants tig ol bitties on their male character.

If you’re going to quit over something as silly as this, I don’t think anyone in the game wants you here. Go be over dramatic somewhere else.

9 Likes

With the rate WoW is going I’m sure it will do the right decision to hold its subs haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Someone who is gender non-conforming literally doesn’t conform to expected gender presentation. Think Brendan Urie making those high heels work. It’s also transgender adjacent.

Non-binary is someone who identifies as neither male nor female. They may or may not present as androgynous.

I personally present as an exhausted college student.

6 Likes

So it’s basically goldshire on moonguard :joy:

12 Likes

It’s a role-playing game, can’t you just role-play as one?

35 Likes

Graphically, how would they go about representing the full spectrum?

True, I wish they were more RP choices in the game, I dont really RP but being labeled a sylvanas loyalist means a lot because I know my character isnt forced to be some brain dead nice goody 2 shoes hero which is what all our characters are forced to be based on quest text and how characters treat us.

But now the game has me labeled as such, it doesnt affect anything outside of some flavor text but i am satisfied.

Exactly people can imagine what they like.

This character could be a dude with a pushup. Blood elves after all

1 Like

They don’t, unless they decide to go the character freedom route and add sliders in for character customization. If you think an American company is gonna add in female looking males, well just look at FFO :wink:

1 Like

Pretty much this, if expanded gender options were ever to be implemented, it would just be in reference since gender is what a person identifies as in their head. Sex, however, is anatomically set in stone as male or female, and the character selection will always be a male or female body.

No need to panic, people, the only difference we’d see in-game is some innocuous text labeling the player as whatever gender they identify as. I’m not even in that demographic since I’m as basic binary cis as can be, but it wouldn’t bother me to see in the game.

3 Likes

I’m gonna say doubt, cause i never heard of this kind of survey happening.

I’m all up for it if it means changing the appearance of the character. Cause more ways and options to change your character in whatever you like is usually a good thing. I don’t just want a system where it’s just names and no visual flare. If i wanted that, i just specify it in my XRP.

hooray? Just being labeled is enough for you? :man_shrugging:

I mean, it’s just a flavor text and a label
 but good for you if you like that i suppose.

1 Like

A petite gnome lady with pink pigtails that sounds like Barry White would be way funnier.

7 Likes

Frightening.

8 Likes

I guess I can’t really relate since I’m not non-binary. It’s a nonissue for me if they change anything, but I’m still wondering how they’d implement that unless it’s just a text change.

I mean more stuff would obviously be better, but it is better than nothing, that is what i meant, which is what we had pre bfa

Go on, just got literal :popcorn:

To give the impression a toon is female, they give it boobs. That and sometimes the upper body dimensions are the only thing that differentiate the toons so what Lifeline says is correct.

One thing I’ve never understood is why female worgen would have boobs but then I know it’s to show some are female. That is the only reason.
Same with tauren, etc

1 Like

oh same, if I had to be honest with you I’m probably in the camp of ‘is this really what we need in a game like wow, I’d rather not change the system of sexuality in the game’ but I respect how people see themselves irl.

4 Likes

Gender has nothing to do with whether you are a male or female. At the character creation screen you are creating a male or female. Whether you want to act masculine or feminine in the game is a behavioral trait that you control through action and word while controlling your character, not on the creation screen.

10 Likes