Wildhammer Should Be An Allied Race

You’re totally right for sure. Its the center piece of their culture after all.

Aye. Ideas I like.

Folk just telling me no because of half baked reasons? not so much. lol

What did you think about my Stoneform idea for them being more of a passive stat?

FFXIV has a nifty feature in its character creation screen that basically allows you to pick the same race but from a different region. The au’ra can be normal skinned with a range from light to dark, but they can also be various shades of blue. It’d be nice if they could do something like that for WoW.

2 Likes

GW2 kinda has something like that… sorta…

I like this idea. If they add that with the Customization then sure I’m on board. Long as it comes with a few racial changes preferably.

I don’t know. As much as I’ve enjoyed leveling and playing many of the AR I can’t help but feel that I just don’t want to see anymore. The pain of opening up the ability to play them aside, more AR mean more racials for Blizz to not balance. Not to mention that there is a part of me that many of the AR could have easily and probably should have been just added customizations for their copied races (IE Light Forged, Mag’har and my beloved Dark Irons just to name a few.)

1 Like

There’s a huge amount of potential for injecting the game with all sorts of new lore and hints about never before seen continents and islands if they did it right considering they’re giving humans and elves new skin colors. The dwarves and orcs can’t be the only races that have a variety of clans or tribes.

1 Like

Can get what you think a description would look like? It’ll help me visualize it.

(totally not because I can’t find it in your history :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Dude.

Please.

No more palate swaps for allied races.

Customizable racials? Absolutely! (1sec Stun with animation of hammer being thrown?)

Additional purchasable mounts? Sure! (More griffins?)

Palate swaps for allied races? No!

:newspaper_roll::boom::confounded:

1 Like

But… that was initial idea of what allied races was gonna be as stated from blizz. That and low effort lore.

1 Like

Bah the racials don’t really amount to anything in the long run unless you’re really min/maxing.

Racials are lore and rp and such stuff.

Nah, then they’d lose their racials and those pretty mounts and the lore associated with them. They’d never be pushed forward. Just be more of the same.

Or I should say i just don’t agree, personally.

I think most of the races have at least a few groups that would work with all that.

Something to the effect of…

Stoneskin
Stam increased by 1% and poisons, disease, curse, and bleed last half as long.

Something more like that. Since they moved further from the earth than the other dwarves… Just a first idea it sounds a little strong to me.

Thats all any of the AR’s are… except maybe the Vulpera but even that technically…

Very acceptable.

Even better.

The kul tiran would beg to argue.

1 Like

Oops… yeah thats fair. lol

Seems like a reasonable idea, wildhammer’s isn’t too into their titan roots as we see in lore so they would have less control of stoneskin form. But I dunno about half as long as it might be too overpowered in pvp, maybe durations is cut by 10/20%?

Kul’tiran’s and zandalari are exceptions becuase they where the expansion races.

I’m glad I can just roll a dwarf and be one without grinding any reps, to be honest.

2 Likes

Thats kinda what I was thinking… anyone remember what the Mag’har one reduces those sorts of things by?

They’re removing the rep grinds. Hopefully forever.

2 Likes

10% according to wowhead.

1 Like

Probably better to go closer to that… maybe only 5% since it affects so many things?

They should set the precedent for what to expect for an allied race.

Not a low effort palate swap. Palate swaps should be for the player to do (customization).

An allied race should have a completely different look, entirely. Even if it’s using an existing animation rigging. (Mogu using draenei rigging, skinny kul tiran using undead rigging)

Low effort stuff should just come in the form of customization.

Even the name plates could be customizable (ie set it to annotate that you’re a wild hammer, high elf, bleeding hollow orc)

Allow a handful of selectable racials to choose from.

mag’har is poisons, disease and curses. If they don’t have a magic resist like some other races it’s reasonable to go 10%

1 Like

Thats practically what the Core races had as a setup…

The Allied races point was to be quick and easy to implement without having to design a new zone or two around.

I can honestly get behind that idea though.

Oh well that works then. Plus the Stam increase and That would work I think…

My other racial idea was the

Gryphon Rider
You can use your Gryphons as a flight mount at level 10 and get (Whatever the flight level of riding will be called) for free.

1 Like

The reason they got special treatment is because half of the expansion was focused on them. I would argue that maybe if low effort isn’t your thing then maybe suggest the race you want to be a core race?