Wildest thing to happen to a guild member?

I thought real hard about something but realized in my line of work I have enough crazy stories as it is.

1 Like

I had something similar happen but the lady was 26 and didnā€™t know I was underage, she thought I was in college since I talked to her about some college classes I was taking and she didnā€™t realize I was taking them early.

Weird to think sheā€™s almost 40 now.

I had a 2 other times I got directly hit on but I donā€™t want to talk about them because to put it nicely, they were people I had zero attraction to.

not necessarily guild drama but the gossip on my server is insane.

the people who rot outside the inn for 20 hours a day have some lore i tell ya

also i live in the mid atlantic so refuse to eat chain pizza. tiny family owned pizzerias for me

1 Like

One of our officers day jobs was adult videos.

I was in a guild once, a smaller tight knit guild basically all of us were best online friends, did everything in game together. The GM was a great guy. We ended up finding out that he got into a motorcycle accident and passed away. It was extremely sad.

3 Likes

One guy on our raid team had a thousand-gallon aquarium in his house.

Then one night his kids were being rowdy and one of them threw something that smashed open the aquarium wall.

Dude had to leave in a hurry.

2 Likes

One of the well known PvPers on the realm disappeared for a while. Eventually it came out that he got put in prison for hate criming an asian guy.

Was late to raid because he was shot and stabbed.

For context, he lived in Detroit.

2 Likes

One of my old guild leaders used to play Band Hero (guitar and vocals) for hours on end over Vent and would guilt trip people if they didnā€™t stay to listen. Eventually it turned into people being preferred for raid teams if they stayed around to listen to him play.

Then one day he announced that he was quitting because heā€™d found religion and realised he was wasting his life (his words) and transferred ownership of the guild to one of my very old alts. I think she still owns the old guild to this day.

Kind of an odd dude, but he was nice enough. I think he was lonely, mostly. No idea what his family life was actually like but I got the impression it was complicated based on a few things he said.

1 Like

Guyā€™s not doing any favours for pvper stereotypes :grimacing:

Well, on a lighter note ANOTHER guy I used to PvP with decided to quit WoW and become a professional bodybuilder/PT.

He goes to the same gym my brother does and is gigantic now. Donā€™t think heā€™s natty, but thatā€™s his problem not mine.

Only thing that comes to mind is when we had two new raiders join who were boyfriend and girlfriend. In which one of our tanks broke them up and started going out with the girlfriend. Caused a ton of drama of course, and a bit of a fracture in the guild too.

Hang on. Late? And not absent? Thatā€™s hard-core.

3 Likes

bear I raided with in wotlk eventually quit the game to commit to his sheriffs job/

One of the kids in his block got lost coming home from a dnd sesh and he went pretty crazy, took it pretty hard that they couldnā€™t find him. Then another girl got lost in the same town and he really went off the rails. He assaulted another cop who didnā€™t believe the kids were alive and eventually got sent to prison himself. Eventually came out covered in tats, lived under a bridge, heard he even murdered a few trolls before he started referring to himself as the red guardian. Someone from the guild who Iā€™ve kept in touch with sent a pic of him over discord, wearing some sort of skin tight spandex walking around his town eating a hot dog.

I have a friend whom I met in a different mmo (we play together in WoW and GW2), sheā€™s really cool and nice person. One day, she was crying. I asked whatā€™s wrong? Turned out she had a thing with the GM (for months) and she found out heā€™s married. She refused to leave the guild because she really loved the guild.

Unfortunately, the GM had a thing with a different woman (again and not long after my friend), and he bragged about it in guild chat especially when sheā€™s online. It took her a long time toā€¦recover from that toxic relationship.

Weā€™re still in contact from time to time, but she lost interest in video games. Itā€™s kinda sad, I mean thatā€™s how we met each other.

Yeah he came in to vent and was like ā€œSorry Iā€™m late guys I was shot and stabbedā€ didnā€™t elaborate and joined the raid. A lot of ā€œWhat the ****?ā€ was flying around in whispers but nobody said anything openly.

1 Like

Number 1 ) Midraid went to fix his garage door.

Never returned.

Number 2 ) Complained his child ate a battery. Would be going to the hospital. After the raid.

Oh letā€™s seeā€¦

Back in Wrath my guild leader and hubby had a ā€œvisitā€ from the police right before the raid (Ulduar) started. They forbade us from starting without them. They were both DPS and we could have easily cleared trash up to the first boss without them, but they said no. They left Vent open, so we could hear the yelling/baby crying/police accusing them of stuff.
An hour later we all just logged off or did other things, the raid didnā€™t happen that night and they refused to talk about it later.

There was a time I was raid healing (different guild, that first one didnā€™t last long) and a spider fell onto my keyboard and scared the poop out of me. All my guild knew is that everything was fine, then the healer screams and goes AFK. To add to the fun, the power went out after. That was some fun aftermath the next day.

2 wordsā€¦ā€œLeeroy Jenkinsā€

Package deals almost always end in drama sadly.

I say this as a former member of a package deal of 2-4 players that have stuck together for a few expansions and a couple guilds. Though none of that drama was our fault.