Wicket is broken - the scaling is off

Higher IO that means nothing . When I had the dung competed higher than anyone in the group I ran with for this weeks affix and others higher than they completed ever so /laugh

Not posting meters as you ignore context like the above example. Meters really are meaningless outside of the extremes. Little learning moment for you. :grinning:

I’ve stated bdk class is op and makes the run easier though.

day 2 on a new boss and not knowing mechanics is the vast reason this boss is wiping.

Tips for success:

1. lust on first pack of adds
  2. if no dk prioritize the adds as targets. Fight will take a lil bit longer is all

=win

Also a demonology warlock is not meta.

I just wanna say bliz did an amazing job nerfing certain abilities from locks and hunters while simultaneously buffing their other abilities and in doing so making a meta where everyone just wants to run lock/double hunter lol…

i wonder if they will ever make any substantial nerfs to all the meta classes or just let DK/RSHAM/LOCK/HUNTER run mythic plus for another season

The point of meters is to show why meta classes are meta.

Every class and spec should be capable of doing a 20.

With the current tuning, that is not possible.

You are missing the entire point of the thread when you are saying higher IO (ie skill) doesn’t matter.

You brought by definition higher skilled players than you all of which are meta and completed a top 400 NA run of Lower and are saying it’s perfectly balanced because YOU could do it.

4 Likes

Last context reminder for the forum troll.

demonology warlock was in the run btw.

Again you need to take a look at their completed lower karas before talking about IO. I had that dungeon completed at a higher level than all of them this week. And two of them I had completed at a higher level since the dungeon was released. Also stop linking IO with skill, and then saying in the same breath that I was carried lol.

Quick laugh: Imagine a carry tank in lower kara on a 20. smh.

They have higher IO’s because they push silly easy keys or deplete higher level keys, way over time I might add. While I farm lower kara because I like its difficulty and the dungeon in general. There is no dispute that LK is currently the hardest dung in M+ right now.

You could easily warrior a 20 LK. Spear of bastion/whirlwind yourself to the top of the meters. The first boss is all about cleave and the rest of the dung is now a meme.

So again. Skill issue thread.

Dude I have no doubt I can do a 20 LK. Just because I can do something doesn’t mean it is balanced.

You are missing the point of what I am saying. If you bring a mistweaver monk, a feral druid, a warrior tank, a shadow priest, and a assassin rogue all with the same skill level of the players that completed the run you did, I doubt they could finish Wicket on a 20.

It’s not a skill issue. It’s a this fight is overtuned issue.

We aren’t talking about a 25+ key where you pretty much have to have meta. If it essentially requires meta to do a 20 the tuning is busted.

Also since you brought it up, both destro and demo are meta for warlocks with demo having better single target so better for tyr weeks - esp fights like maiden.

1 Like

Need to work on your ability to read data:

Demonology is meta in what context? Cause it aint 30+. a single person is on the leaderboard for a timed +29 as a demo lock.
It aint 25+ cause then all the other specs come into play way before it
destro/surv/outlaw.
Its about even with fire mage and windwalker at that key level.

Only when you start including 20+ does it start to show more numbers.

This is like looking at overall dps and you, as a warrior, having spear of bastion for every pull do 30k across a dung. But then when we look at the boss damage you have 14k on Tyranical week. We dont care that you did 30k overall on Tyranical week while everyone else did 20k boss fights but lower overalls. You just padded the meters to look like you did something.

This is a problem that M+ often sees. A reliance on looking at meters and trying to justify your overall but absolute crap boss damage on Tyranical week of all weeks.

Not specifically saying you do this as a player. This is what many players do, and padding the meters means jack if you cant get through a boss dps check.

Specifically I was just looking to see what dps and healing is required to beat that specific boss fight and use that to determine which specs could actually complete that encounter.

well… not sure if this help but my best attempt was on a 20. all 3 dps were doing over 25k - tank 13k - me as healer 10k

HPS meters: tank 13k - Me: 16k hps. (i ran out of major CDS and was 10%ish mana left) - but we got overrun because adds kept spawning combined with orbs it was a slaughter

we got the first boss to 37%

6 Likes

His IO is actually hilarious. Until blood DK became maybe the most broken class in the game he was struggling in +12’s in season 1. But he’s here to brag now lol

10 Likes

Heres the Opera meters. Funny enough we did it with a dead surv hunter for most the fight. He died to the AOE, was rezzed but didnt wait for the tank slam and immediately died after.
Dont have level 3 or whatever for forums so…

(https before the colon)
://imgur.com/9xWdDMw
STILL managed to get 6 mins under and through the first boss with 2 dps.

Heres overall (https before the colon)
://imgur.com/Xp8DcG4

The single target spec beat both aoe specs across is funny. But apart of that is on the hunter dying in that fight (which is a lot of pad as you can see from the rouge)

Don’t worry they’ll nerf it on Monday night when it won’t matter for another 5 weeks until we see it on Tyrannical again.

1 Like

So for the most part, folks seem to agree that something might be off here. It would be nice to see some Blizzard action on this before we lose what would otherwise be a progression week to what is seeming like an inappropriately balanced key.

If Blizzard is happy with the current state of Wicket, it might also be helpful to hear that so my team can stop holding onto our lower kara keys :wink:

5 Likes

I’ll honestly never run Lower Kara on Tyrannical weeks of this is the case.

Lower and Upper Kara have the least done rate of completion this week.

3 Likes

I honestly think regardless of what actually needs to be nerfed and by how much we are 1-2 weeks away from blizz looking at completion rates for the kara dungeons and hitting them with the same nerf bat they hit Jailer with towards the end.

X hits for 50% less
Y happens 40% less often
Z has 50% less health

kinda thing

It’s just a pain because they clearly need it when most other dungeons have a 50% higher completion rate.

2 Likes

It is obnoxiously overtuned. Tried a 15 tonight, and it felt like a 20.

2 Likes

i love skill issue dude because right now there are only ~90 completions of this dungeon at 20 or above this week, but literally ONE THOUSAND of Upper Kara.

nobody has an issue with things being hard or needing to get better to progress (nobody w/ a brain at least). the issue is that the challenge of lower at any given key level is higher than that of other dungeons at the same key level to an extremely disproportionate amount

i mean, hell, think about the delta in difficulty between this and a junk 20

6 Likes

You said yourself in a separate thread that your class + spec + covenant specifically helped to bring down adds and you got called out on it over there too lol. Your borrowed power does not = skill. You might be a skilled player, but skill is not the issue here.

2 Likes

Jak, your not really helping anything and further enforcing the opinion that your an egomaniac. Settle down.

As far as the dungeon goes, the wicket encounter is WAY overtuned. Albeit the rest of the dungeon feels awful but is manageable.

3 Likes

A 25 (probably even 30) junkyard is leagues easier than a 15 lower this week.

5 Likes