Why Your Class and Spec

Adding a topic to keep the GD alive. Why do you truly choose your class and spec? Popularity? Level of difficulty? Meaning in your personal life?

For me it relates to my personal life, more specifically, my occupation. I do CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear). I find it fitting to roll assassination rogue (chemical) and change my shaman to elemental (rad/nuc).

What about you? Interested to know.

If it’s fun, I play it. Bonus points if it has cool transmog.

1 Like

I have a tank and 3 healers. I like to play a role in the community.

Healing is easy enough, keeping people up long enough for the tank to get reckless and pull something massive. Then i dunno, it depends on the group.

Tanking is easy, anyone can do it just fine. The difficulty is the drama. And I’m a pretty bad babysitter.

Playing a Rogue right now, it’s fun. The other options were getting difficult. Kinna gave up on those.

1 Like

My main because of convenience and survivability… DH tank. The others for fun only.

1 Like

Pally gang rise up.
:dracthyr_yay_animated:
Holy Knights ftw.

1 Like

I like animals.

BM Hunter is the best solo class and the fastest at clearing most old content by far.

Simple moveset to master - no button bloat. Very safe and can survive a ton of deadly sutuations.

Guns rule.

So that’s why.

3 Likes

I like druid classes in general. Plus I really liked how the Druid was portrayed in the original WOW cinematic ad.

My second favorite class is the Paladin. I just like them.

2 Likes

I work in a hardware store. Maybe that’s why I like the saw blade.

2 Likes

Yes venturing through the woods and transforming to cat in midair was pretty wicked!

I only unga on the most refined unga of bunga’ers.

1 Like

ATM, I gave myself a challenge of leveling specs I do not normally play. Firstly, after being primarily a healer for years, I decided to try tanking specs. I know the “how” to tank. Being a healer for so long, you notice things. Just never put myself in that position. (And let me tell you, after being the one responsible for everyone’s health bars, to trust that someone else will heal me was more nerve wracking than most raids in the past. )

From there, my next goal is to level specs/classes I have never leveled before. Like Ret Pal, Enh Sham, or any version of a warrior.

1 Like

When I joined my current guild they had plenty of mages but no lock mains at the time. Now I’m 1 of like 7. I switched to Destro for
S3/S4 SL.

1 Like

Hunter. It has no relation to my personal life. Why do I need a toon similar to my boring personal life?

I need an exciting toon. Easy to play but hard to master. Skill Ceiling is too high. It has mini-game that is actually massive that other Classes dont play… the Hunter pets… accessible across the whole massive map of WoW. Most beasts you see in the game are tameable as Pets including Mechanical robots, Undead and Dragons. We have a Pet that we could mount into. Technically, Hunters are unkillable on World PvE becoz of one overpowered ability… Feign Death.

Why do I need a toon similar to my boring personal life if I could be a Hunter? BTW, I am Spiderman in real life.

1 Like

Play resto Druid, made it bc it was really good at the time. Been sticking with it because it’s still good, and I enjoy the play style. Dot classes in general are fun imo.

1 Like

mage/frost/fire-from the beginning it was a good spec- shes retired-cookies-portals. -water food
druid/balances-shapshifting is awesomness
shaman/elemental-ghost wolf
hunter-beastmastercollecting all the companions pets… and I get to use guns and bows
warlock - destro-just kick butt spec throwing fire sapping health…
** the only other spec i wanted to try was a shadow priest but since they gutted that spec I will waint until they fix it if they fix it.**

1 Like

While i do like the theme of it, warlock also just happens to be the most fun class in the game.
And you bring your own tank so its great for world content.
And as affliction i can get instant casts with no cooldown, regardless of if im facing the enemy. Which means i can tag things very easily.

1 Like

I’ve been playing ret since Wrath, because I liked the straightforward playstyle and support I could do. I didn’t need to track any debuffs or short cooldowns, was melee, but the least sensitive to melee range, I press ST abilities on single target and AoE abilities on many targets, there’s no ramp up, or cleave activation or whatnot. It’s just very straightforward, yet engaging.

And another part is support, being able to throw a freedom on warrior in a heat of battle, throw a BoP, LoH, an off heal, when nobody expects it. Being able to play defensively if need be.

1 Like

unga bunga spin smash win

2 Likes

I chose BM Hunter for several reasons:

-I love animals in general.

-I love pet classes in MMO’s.

-Beast Masters are my favorite fantasy class.

-I love the concept of searching for and taming pets. It can feel like an adventure at times.

-This character is my main from Everquest 1 and 2, a Troll Beastlord, who is my favorite character I’ve ever made in a MMO. Complete with an alligator pet each time I make him.

-I can solo most mobs in general, including some elites.

I could go on, but those are the main points of why I’ve made this character into my main and my favorite character to play as.

:meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

If I had to settle on one class/spec, it’d probably be Disc Priest. The fantasy is pretty darn cool.

Implementation wise, I’m not a huge fan. Attonement feels like an afterthought. You get the fancy ramp and that’s about it. Maintaining Renew, 6 second shield upkeep, and two charges of Prayer of Mending aren’t exactly my thoughts on how Attonement should work. It just feels wrong. Like what could be a unique healing design is poorly executed limited thanks to WoW’s current healing model.

1 Like