Why wPvP is More Fun Than Battlegrounds

staysafe, estafan, punkrat (popular youtuber who plays with the streamers) Method people like joker. The alliance streamers were more POPULAR, so by far and large, their fanbases were significantly bigger. Thus having more of an impact on the playerbase. (also how’d you forget Payo in the horde streamers?)

There were no statistics. Horde being pvp heavy only made sense if you used retail logic (which apparently a lot of people did). Alliance still outnumbers horde overall, which is absolutely not true in retail. You didn’t know how that was going to play out when we made our characters. There weren’t valid statistics, people did census data but that’s a far cry from solid data during the radically shifting landscape that was release.

No one knew for sure when they joined a server what the breakdown would be. Not to mention the comp of servers have changed since release.

But regardless, it doesn’t make your original point that i joined horde to not pvp a completely retarded statement. I could have been ignorant of background data, i could have simply joined what my friends did, i could have just not thought about, I could have just picked what my original character was in vanilla to recreate the experience. There’s plenty of valid reasons a person would have chosen horde that wasn’t based around the idea that horde would overwhelm the other faction so they can join large groups and have terrible and inefficient honor farms.

Also none of this is unique to horde. Alliance on heartseeker are EXACTLY like horde on other servers. And even on balanced servers alliance share a LOT of the same behaviors like camping FPs/boats/zeppelins/main cities.

Most people are filthy casuals and just run around ganking people cause they truly aren’t good at pvp. That’s universally true.

Bottom line is I don’t zerg, 90% of my pvp experience is being mowed down by large groups while soloing. I do get quite a lot of 1v1s though, and i’ve gotten a LOT of 1v2 and 1v3s under my belt being a broken af warlock. I’m playing exactly how i wanted to.

None of what you’re saying is actually relevant.

Look at this deflection. You could have because of this or that. But you didn’t, did you? You chose horde on a pvp server knowing full well how it was going to shake out population wise. You know how I know that? Classic wasn’t marketed to people who had never played wow. Classic wasn’t marketing to children. People who started playing Classic on day 1 knew full well what they were getting into. Claiming there we no official statistics so oh me oh my how could I have known is horse manure. Server populations got worse, certainly, from Blizzard’s awful decisions following their server release debacle. The result was imbalanced servers became even more imbalanced. And here we have flamelash following the same path being utterly gutted either due to blizzard’s ineptitude or indifference.

1 Like

You’re so deluded man, it’s almost impressive.

It’s also completely irrelevant if it was true. I don’t group with other horde. The horde faction balance has ZERO relevance to my playstyle. I’d PREFER to be outnumbered as there’s more people to kill, and less randoms trying to leech cp from my kills.

same bro im exactly like you. too bad my server is 65% horde, but I just camped ironforge and did solo in world. Still was kinda fun I guess… wish it was more balanced though.

In the race to GM/HW, those who are r6 have a big lead on the rest of the pack.

Huge wall of text - didnt read.

Wpvp is fun.

Objective based maps are also fun.

10 v 10 instanced team death match are not so much fun.

Want to enjoy bg’s more? Play them correctly.

Different people have different preferences and find different things fun. I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand.

Is getting 2400+ “correctly”?

BGs are extraordinarily limited in what’s possible, you have meta strats and comps. You do that 5000 times. If you win it’s just another win, if you lose it’s usually because someone on your team or multiple people on your team is messing up. A lot of the frustration is internal, but no match is crazy fun or anything like that. It’s just the same variation of the same movie you’ve been watching a thousand times before that.

wPvP allows for a lot more variation to the grind. It also adds more personal elements (you can fight the same team in bgs a lot, but you never get to know a person by their character that way, just their skill level executing a plan).

I think everyone here understands that. The goal is to expand their understanding of a side they might not understand fully because of a bad experience turned them off before they got to truly experience what it had to offer.

The idea that people who don’t like pvp for whatever reason would, if forced to do it in order to access full pve progression, finally realize they enjoy it after getting 2400+…

Is just bizarre. Come on. I got the 100k honor achieve on one character who I will not level. Isn’t it cool how they turned a fully account-wide reward and achievement system into one where you have to repeat every achievement again on every character, even though they supposedly have credit for it already, but on the wrong level?

Just in general you will find a constant stream of threads complaining that others are playing the game wrong and need to be stopped.

You’re…an Orc Warlock.

Underdog?!!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, wPvP as you describe it is how it would be in a PERFECT world. If everything was balanced, factions, classes etc. than it would be great. In concept, it is great.

The idea of adventuring and occasionally having to fight the enemy faction is awesome. It makes the world feel so much more alive. It makes the game feel more “real”.

In actuality, its garbage gameplay. Yes from time to time you’ll have a legitimate fight 1v1 or a small skirmish. Those DO exist.

Majority of the time, there’s camping and the # of bodies determines everything. What you do doesn’t matter. 20 horde and 5 ali at the flight point? SMASH your keyboard. Congrats, your DOMIANTING in wPvP.

wPvP is a great concept that worked back in 2004. Its 2019. In reality, its a garbage.

2 Likes

Its fun for anyone lvl 60 that is geared well or has 15+ with them in a group. My wpvp exp back in 05 and onward, was not like it is now.

1 Like

Maybe, but some of the most fun i have ever had in bg’s were in vanilla. Maybe this was simply because they were new at the time. Its like the fun i have raiding boring old molten core, its fun because of the poeple i play it with.

I cant stand arena. I love - and still love to this day - wsg. The issue with retail is it has become just a zerg fest.

No time limits. No damage debuff. No getting slowed. The real wsg is alot different that the trash of a bg you see in rated play.

i find back and forth zerg pvp boring fun at first but gets boring fast.

id rather have bg’s.

Not really. Once teams are formed and the ones being carried are weeded out it all changes. In battle grounds your team has to have quick wins or they will be left in the dust. Everything changes on the 10th, those that choose to grind out honor in wpvp will not stand a chance at gaining higher ranks against organized PvP teams. You have to hold your position for 2 weeks at that level before gaining the high rank titles.

That’s only the start. You actually have to have team members that support you in your goal of R14. Team members that are willing to not gain honor if they are starting to catch up to you.

So many people are in the dark about the honor grind.

That’s actually not the case. There were multiple teams we would encounter in BG’s that we would invite to our Team speak server while we were up against them in a match.

There was a couple times we would have no weapon/armor matches. It was a blast.

Watch the video " Lady Raiders " on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a3b1XM2rw0

Ishonbu in this video I will always have a special place in my heart for. Of course I knew her from a text based game we played together before vanilla wow even existed. We battled to the death in BG’s and then they invited me to role up an alliance druid and raid with them.

Lillithia used to roll with our pre-made as well.

This never happened in WPvP.

1 Like

Battlegrounds aren’t even out yet how are you making this thread

lol

/10char

If you truly enjoyed being the underdog, you should have rolled an alliance warlock that has to deal with Will of the Forsaken. You chose the easier path.

1 Like

Don’t know how you can enjoy WPvE.

It’s basically groups running around ally/horde and pveing any player down being solo.

1 Like

I’ve done thousands of duels in P1 vs undead. Honestly wotf isn’t that bad. I barley use fear in wpvp anyways unless it’s a “good” druid/warlock (unless it’s group play and i’m cc’ing healers). I’m conflag spec though so it’s usually easier/safer to just burn them down. DC bypasses trinket/wotf, and really gives you all the cc you need for most fights.

i’d say more than wotf, shamans make being a lock a lot harder, and the fact you can’t resist stuns. Stun resist is single handedly the most broken ability a lock can have.

The point of pvp servers is to sacrifice pve for more pvp. So no one in their right mind would join a pvp server if pve was something you cared about.

The absolute nightmare that leveling was on a pvp servers used to be a status symbol as being a 60 was substantially more challenging. It’s all about that elitist mentality.