Why wPvP is More Fun Than Battlegrounds

Are you aware you were quoted on a “Newsweek” article lmao?

2 Likes

That’s hilarious.

I’d say the points aren’t mutually exclusive and are excellent reasons to roll alliance considering your attraction to underdog situations. :slight_smile:

Objectively Wrong by a mile.

Objectively wrong by a mile.

Objectively SUPER wrong by a galaxy.

:ballot_box_with_check: Faction: Horde
:ballot_box_with_check: Class: Orc or Undead

^ Proof that you don’t believe your own garbage rofl.

2 Likes

Orc
Warlock

1 Like

This was also the Battlegrounds before CRBG ruined them.

Alliance DO outnumber horde in classic, just not on pvp servers. So objectively correct, just not technically for the type of server i’m on, and there are pvp servers where alliance do outnumber horde (though only like 2).

I don’t even understand why you think this. Alliance DOMINATED vanilla. Horde didn’t become popular until BC with BEs. Early design heavily favored alliance, and AV had to be tweaked multiple times because of how much of a face roll it was for alliance. You also had the fact that paladins are the best pvp healers by a mile, and their popularity makes it so alliance always have a healthy number of healers, whereas resto shamans are rare and not nearly as good in pvp. You also have dwarf priests being best priests, NE hunters being best hunters, and human rogues being the best anti rogues in the game. Sturdiness and WoTF aren’t so broken that alliance doesn’t have comparable advantages.

Not to mention since MOST people were alliance in vanilla, and many players were coming back after quitting back in the day, and were not retail babies, it also seemed likely they would try and recreate their old toons.

The numbers were actually closer than I thought, but the most POPULAR streamers were heavily alliance. Asmongold and Joker being the highest viewed in the beginning by miles, and most of the streamer events being heavily alliance. Horde had popular streamers as well, like Payo and Cdew, but they weren’t pulling viewers like the alliance side was.

Like i explained above, my friends were going horde. I mained alliance in vanilla-wrath (and quit during wrath, came back and played in beginning of BFA before quitting after 2nd raid), so it was the reverse for me as 95% of my wow career has been on alliance.

I always wanted to play lock, but in the beginning of the game they were super trash, and even when they got strong, being a lock on alliance side make them way weaker. It was better to just roll a Mage (i mained Pally/Fire Mage). With how perfectly orc fits with locks it was the perfect time to fufill my childhood wow dream.

Like I said multiple times, that was my OPINION on how things would shake down. It’s easy to look back in hindsight and say things were obvious or whatnot, but they weren’t. Maybe if you have been playing WoW for the last 15 years where all you can remember is 95% of people playing horde, but that’s not the type of wow that everyone else is familiar with or knows.

It’s also really dumb to tell me what i did or did not think. I’ll take the fact it might have been an ignorant or stupid thing to believe, but that’s what i thought.

I agree with everything the original post said.

World PVP in Vanilla, after honor and pre-bgs, was by far my favorite part of Vanilla. I had such good memories. I loved that 8 weeks so much that I resurrected my Vanilla pvp guild in WOTLK which even lead to people transferring to the server for world pvp (although truthfully it was not the same).

The last 4 weeks of classic has actually been even better due to the large number of PVP groups on my server on both sides. The complete randomness of running into people in the world makes it fun. The hunting down part is fun. The world being dangerous is fun.

Battlegrounds aren’t the same, they never have been and they never will be.

I have REALLY enjoyed the last 4 weeks, will remember them for a long time and am extremely happy that I was able to experience this again.

Yea my m harbor farm spot is gone…:weary::triumph:

Is WPvP going to die now? Wtf

I guess it’s bg honor grinding now and WPvP here or there.

Oh I was lazy and waited near M harbor it was just a few minutes away why go look when I can just get easy honor.

I think wPvP will actually get better because if you’re farming honor you’ll be in bgs, but people who want to wPvP will just be doing so to do so.

There will also be less people doing it, so smaller groups become more viable (even though they already were).

There will still be people camping FPs, hardcore griefing, and all that, but probably on levels that are closer to vanilla servers.

1 Like

wPvP is just salt mines

2 Likes

I hope your right.