Why wow classic dictating retail design

I think that’s unlikely to ever happen again. It was an unique time before people were more widely spread out on the net with way more options for social communication. And WoW did something unprecidented even attracting that many people to begin with. Add to that it being common for all games to lose a lot of their playerbase over the years, and that WoW actually lost it’s the slowest. It just seems like that’s just how things go, and they are trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

1 Like

Well, I guess I’m more interested in the esports part of PVP being relegated to cosmetics and titles whereas the best gear should be achieved in the same way that you could in vanilla bgs. And it matter.

If people still want to compete where the gear is irrelevant and equalized, you can all do that and have rankings and get rewarded with titles and cosmetics. But actual gear rewards that can be used in raids, should be from an honor system that you can get through battlegrounds grinding your butt off.

I don’t know if this is what the threads actually about because op is being vague enough that they could change what its about at a moments notice but at least the post i was responding to seemed to imply that its about personal loot being gone in raids for now.

1 Like

Totally agree, I just don’t think people steering the boat at Activision want to admit it.

Ah. Typical Blizz. Listening to NOBODY :laughing:

“when you listen to everyone. no one will be”

• homer simpson, attack on titan.
1 Like

Hmm, if i’m right they did use pvp gear in wotlk in raids and dungeons which was looked down upon to do so but i guess times have changed go for it.

Well one aspect I think vanilla got right was I could get myself in just rank 8 gear and be Well equipped to do MC or something. I didn’t have to pick raiding or PVP. I could go back and forth. I could spend a month doing pvp then do some raids with a friendly guild. If I had rank 13 gear, then I could do GREAT in a raid.

It was just a great balance. It allowed for some freedom. Retail seems very “You must do everything one way and that’s it”. Micromanaged. Cross off the check list daily. Meh.

And not only that, I could get this great gear by just putting time and effort into the game. You didn’t have to learn how to program custom addons. My interface didn’t have to look like the cockpit of an F-16 to maintain peak efficiency. I understand there’s some players that like that. And more power to them, but that should be more about bragging rights for your skills instead of locking gear behind doing all that nonsense.

I like you.

Vanilla veterans may see WotLK as overrated, but one of the things that leads to WoW’s most beloved expansion:

1. is that the pinnacle of what would be all of WoW in general with its 3 continents and Outland, something that by killing Lich King gives for a WoW 2 or Warcraft 4 in the case that the RPG always affected the game experience as role and true ending of Warcarft 3.

2. It was because the majority of WoW players, especially in these times, came from pirate Servers, especially what was experienced in WotLK expansion almost 100% Blizzlike, I am not saying that I support piracy, but I say that the game thanks to this act illegal but free helped more the fame of the expansion especially for those who lived ICC and Ulduar.

Now we don’t know if the WotLK experience will change on November 28, but in my case and thanks to the dubious experience that the company had in giving us if it is the expansion that it promises us, it will be that many stayed in the Classic and not You have to experience the new expansion as much as they promised good things that Shadowlands and BfA disappointed many fans of the game.

All classic showed that people will still pursue the path of least resistance no matter the nostalgic start.

2 Likes

I’m not bald, but I am 56, and there’s more of us than you think.