Why wow classic dictating retail design

its called classic for a reason. its old and dated and since then the game has progressed from those systems and restrictions. it should not be dictating how retail is planned out design wise. 40 year old bald men are not your only audience, blizzard. many have started out post WoD.

6 Likes

Can you elaborate more? I have no idea what your gripe is with.

10 Likes

read the forums the last 12 hours for an idea

That’s not very helpful. There is a lot of conspiracy theorizing, falsehoods, trolling and flat out lies on this forum.

10 Likes

This is a wow forum post most people here fall under this category. Also the wow head fourm post was troll and was intentionally cut to cause drama from the orginal message. 2 FF14 and other big mmos have masterloot and no personal and its perfectly fine for the game it but for pugs nah everything else yes

4 Likes

Or just state your point clearly instead of having people do your work for you. FFS.

9 Likes

Agreed. I might concur with the OP because I’m anti-Classic, but I don’t know WTF she’s even talking about, so…

3 Likes

Shes talking about group loot folks, be less thick.

2 Likes

It was the best iteration of the game. It’s smart of them to revisit some of the dynamics that made it that way.

Now they just need to bring back the vanilla honor system. People love solo grinding to get some of the best gear in the game. That’s what vanilla BGs allowed you to do.

They need to get away from this stupid esports motif and get back to their hobbiest root. No lifing an MMO should be rewarded. That’s how they work.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t care about that. I don’t group.

Stop body-shaming us. We live proud.

wow should have never been a esports game

7 Likes

Bottom line classic wishes to change retail to it form so there wouldn’t be a retail at all.

But should you?

1 Like

Yeah it was the beginning of the end.

3 Likes

4 Likes

They need to bring back downvotes, that’s what they need to bring back.

3 Likes

They’re not and (also) not the only ones playing Classic, either :wink:

It works better in FFXIV because they also have crafting and vendors for gear as well. So people aren’t really reliant on need/greed alone.

But I think this game should have personal and group loot be options. More options is always better. And let people join the groups that do the kind of loot dispersion that fits them.

most retail players only played classic to get the free mount

Okay i’ve been perusing these forums for a good chunk of this day and I don’t know what you’re talking about. Can you please state what you are referring to when you say “why wow classic dictating retail design?” i’d rather get the information directly from the source instead of having to guess what we’re discussing.

1 Like