Why would you want to play a Classic forever server?

Or do what the pserver scene kinda did (although probably not with that intention) start fresh realms after a cycle.

Nothing beats fresh.

1 Like

my god. You almost lost to a prot warrior. You deserve to play classic forever.

2 Likes

Though hath spoketh from thy mountain. Amen.

2 Likes

Thank you very much I surely will but can’t wait to see you in the arenas

NO i dont want that. If you want to restart always thats on you. There are plently that dont want to lose what they worked for

7 Likes

Let me give you the bigger picture MR. Raphlol

You need there to be some classic servers that exist or else you lose that version of the game and so on.

Classic will dissapear to TBC and TBC to wrath and wrath to cata…
you just keep losing the different versions. classic is a mix of Vanilla, TBC, and wrath fans. Everyone deserves a home.

If not you will just have classic Cata…

1 Like

A lot of people in classic are TBC and Wrath fans and came to support the base game in hopes The other two versions are released. So now soon will be the first sorting of players. Eventually you will have Vanilla , TBC , and wrath servers. There is plenty fans of all three.

1 Like

Exactly. Plus TBC will eventually be a forever server …until…and so on.

A primary reason for Classic to arrive was to preserve IP and counter the private server movement. Im convinced there will be museum classic server options for that reason above all.

I could play Classic forever with the right friends /shrug

9 Likes

I played all 3 versions and they were all different forms of WoW. I get the appeal of TBC and Wrath, in fact I have nothing against those being made into their own forms of WoW Classic, but WoW vanilla was the original and I want the option to go back to this character and TBC/Wrath.

I (and many others) don’t want another stream of content continuation like retail.

8 Likes

I see what you mean and i agree with you to a certain extent but there needs to be an effective criteria. Best way to do it is to make downward Transfers to eternal servers if you do not want to progress your character. I myself love classic and TBC. I will progress the characters i want to play in TBC and keep the ones in classic i want and when the time comes for wrath i wont progress any of them at all as i did not like wrath. easy peasy.

Also keep in mind classic currently has TBC and wrath fans mixed in that are supporting with hopes they get their version of the game.

FYI i made my classic characters with TBC in mind… from DAY 1. I know others whom also did it as well for either TBC / or Wrath.

I hit 19 on classic wow and got bore and quit. i dont find autto attacking and only being able to barley fight 1 mob at a time fun /shrug

1 Like

Nukemdown, I think you accidentally clicked on the wrong forum because this thread has nothing to do with you.

2 Likes

It really does though. its about long term playability of classic and im expressing how it wouldnt last im 19 and already tired of it

So your lack of patience to even get to L19 ONCE is an indicator of long term playability? Yikes. Well, there is a very good reason why many thousands still play retail WoW, for just that kind of mindset.

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I think 80%+ will move on to TBC immediately, and the Classic Forever servers will then bleed more players over time as people finally get tired of doing the same old content over and over again.

But I think there are probably enough people who want to just log in and bask in their T3 forever, while playing alts or assisting others with alts, to keep a few servers going. And if they also do a few fresh servers, they can merge those into the Classic Forever servers after Phase 6 is completed, and then start new fresh servers, every couple of years. I think it’s a model that could work.

I don’t plan on returning to a vanilla server any time soon after TBC comes out, but I think it’d be cool to have that option, say 5+ years down the road. So I don’t knock the idea.

1 Like

Just look at classic, many people are stopping in droves now that naxx has been out.
“classic forever server” just like any game/expac die fast

1 Like

Patience has nothing to do with the game being boring.

LoL what ? You literally did not have the patience to get beyond L19, long before things get a lot more involved.

Its like people forgot that some private servers were on the go for like 10 years with a decent portion of their communities having spent many of those years together.

6 Likes