Why would you want to play a Classic forever server?

I get some of the appeal, but don’t you think a lack of content, unpopulated servers, and a lack of focus on the game from Blizz would just be… pointless?

TBC > classic forever

4 Likes

I personally don’t want classic forever but as someone who would like a future forever TBC, and possible wrath forever server, no updates isn’t a bad thing. There are games that I still play and love to this day that haven’t been updated in over a decade.

Sometimes you don’t need to constantly update something for the game to be fun. If people like it they will continue to play it, updates or not.

24 Likes

i dont “want to play a classic forever server” i just dont want blizzard to delete classic. like bruh, literally why.

12 Likes

Give me classic - TBC - WRATH progression that resets at the end of each lifecycle

16 Likes

This. If each server reset at different times, it would be awesome to always have a fresh server that just started or is about to start.

4 Likes

So it really wasn’t about Classic at all then? It was just about starting the entire progression over again.

The same thing you said about Classic could be said about TBC. So if we end up with TBC it will end…and be pointless, right?

That is the problem Blizzard faces with this. For many, it was never really just about Classic.

8 Likes

Funny, I think wanting to do an expansion again instead of growing Classic into a nostalgic, old school world of its own is mind blowingingly insane on a level I cannot comprehend.

11 Likes

Why can’t they reduce the level cap to 40 and all gank Stranglethorn vale forever
I am a Ganker I love it report me if you dare.
https://youtu.be/YRIu5UaXPAA

3 Likes

our current servers are classic forever servers, so yeah it’s what i’m playing.

4 Likes

Personally I hate new content an having to upgrade gear. Its fun to be “done” a character an just eff around ganking people.

16 Likes

No, that’s what makes it so amazing… it’s not being touched by Blizzard.

Everything Blizzard touches these days, they ruin. The more hands-off they are, the better.

13 Likes

You said “Blizzard not actually changing it to some godawful Classic+ variant” twice and an assumption that that will repel more people than it will appeal to once.

And…

…while I want TBC realms, I only want them if they’re actual TBC realms, not TBC+Blizzard making the kind of brilliant content and balance improvements that make Modern the ****show it is. Which means what you call “lack of content” and “lack of focus on the game from Blizz,” and, if you’re only counting people who want TBC+ crap, would also mean “unpopulated servers.”

How would it be “nostalgic” when it never existed before? How would it be “old school” when the people currently producing Modern would be the ones making it?

How is not giving up something real for a goofy fantasy what’s “insane”?

2 Likes

I plan to move on to a “TBC Classic” (unannounced) with my guild but I’d still love to leave a few of my characters on a “forever Classic” server.

It would be interesting to see what happens when there are no more updates with no resets and not moving on TBC. I think there would only be a very small population, with one PVP and one PVE server like this, but what is left could be really tight-knit where everyone knows everyone, and that’s really appealing to me. The idea of a “sandbox” WoW experience because you have to make your own fun with world PVP and everything else as the development isn’t being done anymore just sounds interesting IMO.

Even though I plan to play “TBC Classic” I do not think it will be as good as some of the posters on here think it will be.

4 Likes

I would play a classic fresh for sure, but not a phase 6 forever stasis server. Tbc is king either way though

good question

another brave sockpuppet appears!

1 Like

Im sure glad TBC content is not finite at all. Its not like they stopped arena after 4 seasons either, so even the pvpers will eventually run out of gear to farm

1 Like

I’d leave my warrior on a classic forever server and come back regularly to smash dungeons and PvP. How is this hard for you to grasp?

4 Likes

Why would people play any retro game? Why even play Classic if you didn’t want the unfettered version of WoW to begin with?

Classic TBC is going to open a whole new can of worms if the servers progress toward the expansion instead of staying “museums.” You might have short term memory but it was Nostralius and the vast popularity in private servers that moved Blizzard’s hand to begin with.

If each expansion they release is preserved on their own servers so be it. If there’s low population numbers, Blizz can just fix it by combining servers.

4 Likes