Why won't Blizzard simply send out a survey to players to settle RDF debate once and for all

Seems rather simple.

Send out the survey. Collect the results. Share the results with us.
Do like SurveyMonkey. EZPZ.

Send it out to accounts who are active, have max level toon & unique IP address. Doesn’t look like rocket science to me.

22 Likes

What, so my wife and I can’t both vote?

They’re never going to share results, they can’t paint their own narrative that way.

7 Likes

Because they couldn’t gaslight the community any more if they had definitive proof that more players want it than not.

They simply do not want to put forth the effort of putting RDF into WOTLK. Everything else is irrelevant to Blizzard and the ‘developers’ that make these poor decisions.

15 Likes

I thought it was already settled. It’s not going to be in Wrath classic. You will be assimilated.

4 Likes

Because that only works if you think of the game as a democracy. If it is, then majority rules.

Blizzard is Majority.

3 Likes

I heard they will add rdf only when 50% of the community has cleared prenerf sunwell.

Let’s entertain this for a minute…
That doesn’t make sense for a few reasons.

1. Sunwell is TBC & RDF is Wrath.
  2. Sunwell is a raid instance, while RDF is for dungeons.
  3. …why would they even set up such a weird metric to begin with?
  4. Am I part of this 50% metric? I haven’t set foot into Sunwell. What about all other “active” subs with people who haven’t logged in for a very long time.
1 Like

Why do people act like blizzard can do whatever they want with no repercussions?

Because they don’t care what people think. You can throw a dart at a board of possible reasons, but wherever it would land the result is they have decided that this is somehow best for the game. The majority clearly and obviously want RDF but they are ignoring that and pushing forward.

They don’t want a poll, the result is already obvious and they don’t want to hear it.

1 Like

You’d imagine that losing nearly 8mil in subs over the course of 10 years would teach them something >.<

Because game design isn’t a democracy.

What are the repercussions from removing LFD? A few people and their alts have taken up pitchforks on the WoW forums, but they’re all still subscribed anyways?

I suppose some may consider that a repercussion, sure.

2 Likes

Not necessarily that (LFD is only going to be in from ICC on likely), but they’ve lost massive amounts of subs and had to backtrack on decisions many times before.

They try to be a dictatorship, but they only momentarily forget we pay their checks.

Why do you think the backed off on dual spec changes?

4 Likes

I feel like the decision was made as “best for the company’s profitability,” rather than what is best for the game.

What is best for the game, probably hasn’t been a major consideration since before Activision and Vivendi.

1 Like

Because they can.

2 Likes

Theres no community “debate” that they care about. Cmon Holy, you know this isnt about the community at all. Its solely about profits. If they’re going to poll anyone, it’ll be their financial department number crunchers.

1 Like

That’s a head scratcher since Vivendi had control of blizzard since 1998.

Blizzard has never NOT been owned since its been called Blizzard

Yeah, when there are actual repercussions to game design decisions.

Like I said, faux outrage on the forums from a small minority and their alts isn’t really a repercussion, considering they’re all still subscribed anyway. It’s not a meaningful repercussion, at least.

This line of thought only works when people actually unsubscribe over an issue. That’s not happening here.

2 Likes

Tell that to the multiple decisions they’ve had to backtrack on because they’d loose too many customers.

Never said it was, in fact, I said it wasn’t

They arent going to pivot on this until they see a sub drop. I hate Bloom as much as everyone else on this forum, but hes right about this one… as long as we are all still subbed, literally nothing will change. You can only speak with your wallet.