Why WOD is better than BFA

My take on WoD is it had a lot going for it which never panned out because the garrison wagged the whole expansion. Any attempt to leave the garrison and do something in the outside world resulted in quests sending you back to the garrison. I just stopped bothering trying to leave, meaning the majority of my WoD experience was the four walls of my garrison.

The opening zones for WoD (Shadowmoon and Frostfire) had amazing story lines, then the rest of the expansion forgot to tell any further story. What story was there after the opening zones was hidden in a complicated knot of garrison quests that may or may not spawn once per week, depending on which you had done. I canā€™t be the only one who missed them because I left one undone in my log causing the rest to never be offered.

This puts BfA FAR ahead of WoD on itā€™s own. BfA WQs have me out in the outside world. The devs have once again introduced random little side quests you can run into here and there which are not part of the main story for the given zone. (Something I liked in vanilla which they started to re-introduce in Legion after removing most things like that with Cata.)

Not only am I in the outside world, the questing story is engaging. There are falldowns like Stormsong Valleyā€™s completely-unrelated-to-anything half of the zone, but I give it an overall good grade. I would love to see a little more finesse in the questing, like completing some quests spawning others. (My pet example: In Nazmir, once Jinā€™Tiki tells you to look for him in Volā€™dunā€¦ Have him BE in Volā€™dun to find.)

Most important gauge of the expansion is still to be determined. How long will I stay engaged with the expansion?

WoD is probably the absolute lightest Iā€™ve ever played WoW. I got tired of the garrison. I would log in to raid and run occasional dungeons, but as my fellow raiders all dropped from the expansion like flies, even that wasnā€™t happening at the end. BfA is showing a little bit of trouble in that Iā€™m already cleaning out my quest logs (something I usually donā€™t start until the ending months of an expansion) and Iā€™m running multiple alts through things instead of having lots to do on my mains. I admit some disinterest in the big faction war theme, which is making things like the War Campaign quests a drag (this is a bit of a ā€œmeā€ problem) but at least that is a continuing quest line ā€“ and one slightly different for each of my mains (which are of opposing faction).

Soā€¦ I reserve my final rating for BfA until after the expansion is done, but itā€™s already far ahead of WoD.

1 Like

Depends what kind of content youā€™re into. I only really care about raiding and am enjoying it far more than I did WoD. But I did a single testing session of Highmaul in WoD beta and quit after it. Uldir is actually a pretty solid tier for being the first tier of the xpac.

First off, punching bears afk while winning loot sounds 100x better than simply snapping a pic of your char and posting it on FB or Twitter. Letā€™s be real here.

Second off, it actually is possible to lose a Warfront considering itā€™s happened. Either you donā€™t know that or you need to look up what ā€œliterallyā€ means.

2/10. Nice attempt but the troll is too obvious.

Right? Iā€™ve never spent ā€œhoursā€ in a Warfront.

1 Like

issues so far:
lower draw distance(enemies and players disappear if further thean 100yds)(horizontally)
azerite armor in pvpā€¦o dearā€¦
azerite armor ā€¦is by far the most dreadful gearing system of any game i have ever playedā€¦
porrly designed questing areasā€¦ ( making world quests only available at level cap and then making those quests the same as the leveling quests for opposing faction leading to a bad world pvp experience. this would be like putting daily quests for max level toons of the alliance in durotar) i play both sidesā€¦for story.

obvious metrics in place to keep people subbed longer ā€¦ cash grab schemesā€¦ horrible qna sessions titan.

azerite armor not dropping from m+ is ridiculous
such a simple fix to such a horrible system

after getting to 1k io and 380 ilvl im done .
i would love to play more but why?
the azerite gearing system prevents me from wanting to play more.
system would be fine if i didnt play 8+ hours a day btw.
but if i play for 8 hours i expect an upgrade but i havent had one in weeks.

after unlocking heritage armor for both allied races this expansion i will say .
it feels like bad after hitting level cap ive alreadydone everything and i want to get gear and do pvp / m+/ raid but the dreadful azerite armor system prevents me from caring.

no new abilites after 110ā€¦

removal of old abilites and constant reworking of classesā€¦
its becoming a huge issue where one week my class will be playable the next it wont.

lack of content srs lack of NEW content

i will say i loved legion other than a few obvious flaws with legendary drops controlling your dps.
vanilla was a classic rpg flawed but beautiful
tbc was great no complaintsā€¦
wotlk was great lfd tool sucks and always will
quit because i thought cata would be bad and i was right
joined back for legionā€¦

o and we shouldnt need to unlock allied races its bs
wargen
goblin
panda
belf
dranai
no rep neededā€¦

imagine the rage if we had to unlock belfs back in the dayā€¦
we didnt need to because they wanted to make a great game not
show off time played to certain peopleā€¦

excuse me

some other stuff but im borderline illiterate so you get the jistā€¦

SORRY FOR MA GRAMMA!
so i would say if they went back to the old gearing system i would have significantly less complaintsā€¦

1 Like

Heā€™s not wrong. I mean both donā€™t really add anything to the game. The big difference is that the selfie cam probably took 1/100 of the time to develop than the warfronts.

Just imagine if warfronts didnā€™t give gear. What if they gave 200ap and a hydrocore when you completed it. They would have 90 min queue times because nobody would do them.

I think BFAā€™s content is fine.

best expansion is still the Twitter/selfie cam expansion by far nothing beats that xpacā€¦

I wouldnā€™t say all the content in BFA is bad.

The subplots are actually very cool. The war story is terrible though.

The first warfront isnā€™t bad. Donā€™t care for the new one much.

The Islands are hit or miss. I havenā€™t done any dungeon content, so I canā€™t give an honest or informed opinion on them.

Warlords just lacked end game content from what I remember. There was plenty of everyday and/or solo play things to do.

That is a terrible argument

ā€¦how!!! Neither one is actually playing the damn game!!! I simply refuse to stick up for one or the other. I donā€™t differentiate between piles of refuse, theyā€™re both trash.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOW!!! Omfg thatā€™s absolutely incredible.

THATā€™S Activisionā€™s kind of gamers. Enough said Lmfao

WoD sold 3.3M BfA sold 3.4M

WoD had 5M players to lose, does BfA?

WoD will be ruler of failure of expansion. As for BFA its not known yet till the end of the expansion.

1 Like

Whatā€™s even more incredible is the irony in your statement, calling those who lose a Warfront ā€œActivision kind of gamers.ā€

Warfronts are very easy to win, it simply requires participation. You, yourself admitted to fighting bears afkā€™ing while watching Netflex in Warfronts. Would you be baffled if I told you the losing Warfront games are mostly due to players like yourself? When most players donā€™t participate and ā€œafk while watching Netflixā€ the Warfront actually gets too hard for people who are actually playing to ā€œcarryā€ all the dead weight.

Yes, itā€™s actually humorous knowing the very type of gamers who have and do lose Warfronts practice the exact behavior that you have admitted to doing. Iā€™m sure you donā€™t think you are the problem though, besides why even try if others can carry you right?

2 Likes

Agreed that BFA has more contentā€¦ but it is super-meh. WoD content was very good, there was just not a lot of it.

The leveling experience in WoD was great. I am not a fan doing any zone in any order because it means that the story can only be a small story that starts and ends within that one zoneā€¦ since there is not natural order of zone progression there are no long story arcs that span multiple zone. It also means level scaling which I hate.

2 Likes

WoD had better game play. :rainbow:

1 Like

But whereā€™s my Faralon?!

I think if classes played how they did in Wod there would be far less complaints. There has been too much dumbing down with legion Prune 2.0 and putting more spells on the GCD.

Ok Moral Orel, although Iā€™m completely undefeated in warfronts, not even close to ever losing one, youā€™re missing the point.

The simple fact (which youā€™ve missed ofc) Iā€™ve argued from the beginningā€¦ WHY am I getting rewarded for doing this? WHY is there no sense of possible defeat, of urgency, of excitement, of after winning feeling like Iā€™ve pulled off a hard fought victory??? Ever at all?!? In any sense of the word?!? Itā€™s just a Zerg from point to point with zero possibilities of losing.

Do I think I deserve gear for doing what I do?! God no. I think high(ish) ilvl gear should be way tougher to get in this game overall, not for doing 4 WQs. Not for winning an un-loseable warfront (sorry this happened to you or something lmao).

The entire debate was selfie cam vs warfront. Selfie cam imo wins, because it didnā€™t needlessly inflate everyoneā€™s ilvl the easiest way possible and make trivial tons of content. It was a stupid implementation ofc, but so is throwing free gear at your players that clearly DONT deserve it based on doing content you canā€™t lose at.

Thatā€™s dumb.

1 Like