Why were the Worgen sidelined so much in their own city's reclamation?

A quick summary of Varian.

1. Wrath: Appears as a hothead escalating the conflict between horde and alliance.
  2. Cata: Repeat of 1.
  3. MoP: Garrosh and Jaina gets slapped with the villain bat, Tyrande portrayed as an idiot not knowing guerilla warfare and the dwarves as incompetent while Varian for some reason is the god Emperor of the Alliance.

Aaaand then he got killed off.

She sucks at braiding hair!

3 Likes

Jaina did nothing wrong.

You forgot one very important and critical moment in Varian’s life!!!

In WoD, he grats you for a level 3 Garrison.

2 Likes

One annoying thing regarding the forsaken is that they could actually have maintained a sustainable “population” had they let humans back in.

Make undeath a cultural trait to Lordaeron. Like the second part of their life. Having a human population that works as well, humans do. And when they get old or die they are raised as sentient undead to continue serve the kingdom.

Same with the worgen. The curse in the right hand and with the right culture is an asset. As we have seen with Gilneas. For the night elves the curse was unsustainable, a problem the Gilnean alchemists solved for the most part. Yeah a worgen got the same anger issues as an orc but the gains by far outweighs the negatives.

3 Likes

Honestly could see it coming from Thrall for the same reason he promoted Garrosh. Dude grew up in a prison camp listening to the epics of Orc conquest. Was bound to be some bad ideals that rubbed off on him.

Biggest Flaws in the Rewards is the lack of trade chat system, no portals to from stormwind to gilneas, flightmaster points, professions, dailies, seeing Greymane and Tess Greymane as leaders in the City itself. Half of the City Buildings doesn’t open up, and lack of rewards like their own Gilneas Banner, and other armor sets was very lacking very much.

But I did enjoy the questchain to Gilneas being reclaimed. I just wish the Reward was better and I’m hoping the Worgen continues to be part of the storyline going through.

I’ve always said that the Forsaken just need to hire Goblins to market undeath as a form of life insurance.

3 Likes

Gets promised the plagued, is served snake oil!

2 Likes

Isn’t there a mage that became undead of his own to be immortal?

That could work out for the Goblins and see how well they do in the plague business. If they haven’t turned gray yet of being ether dead or around the plague for so long.

Keep in mind that was before the Alliance learned that the scarlets became “everything is undead unless they wear our tabard and thus must die” and later when we learned they were being controlled by a dreadlord.

It does make one think how different vanilla would be if blizzard had the phasing tech back then instead of Wrath. I could see brother crowley being a victim of phasing once you do the dungeon quest for Scarlet Monastery or maybe being in Stormwind for so long lowered Balnazzar’s influence over him. To the point that he thinks the organization is still the same as it was under the leadership of Alexandros Mograine. For how short lived that was.

2 Likes

Would probably not be an improvement with phasing since he’d just be roped into the twilight cult running the church instead.

That would be tragically funny though.

He avoided Balnazzars corruption only to be sucked into the Old Gods via Benny.

Allowing two emmisaries, both of which implied to be unaware of the state the scarlet crusade is in back in lordaeron (one of which is very likely to be depreciated canonically at this point) hardly constitutes being “sympathetic”.

The crusaders in Lordaeron itself weren’t aware that they were being headedby a Dreadlord But I’m sure that their xenophobia was genuine.

It’s best to compare the Scarlets to an insurgency. They are extremely hard to stamp out, especially if religion plays a role in the organization.

5 Likes

I guess I am easy to please, but during that quest, when I saw her next to Genn, and he sends her off, I was like:

“Hey that’s that one Harvest Witch lady! Awesome”

Even though she is just there, in bird form, and then flies off.

I was just glad they remembered there are Gilneans not named Greymane.

And Voljin did that for the Horde.

At least they both met their goals in life before they died - popping in to the champion’s garrison and telling us how awesome we are.

6 Likes

It’s sad that this is how low Blizzard has set the bar that people are just glad non-Greymane Gilneans showed up. They didn’t even do anything or really say anything, just there.

Sad times if you are a worgen/gilnean player.

8 Likes

Except as the story goes on any sympathizers have less and less reason to want to join the Scarlet Crusade (assuming their vast amount of enemies isn’t a deterrent);

1. The Scarlet Crusade’s and the Scarlet Onslaught’s growing track record of defeats and lack of victories would discourage people. That would taint the Scarlet Brotherhood’s rep by association (assuming they’re not former members of the other two).
  2. There are other groups with much more successful track records, such as the Argent Crusade. There’s also the Brotherhood of the Light for the more ruthless Light worshipper. And the multi-racial Army of the Light from Legion provides yet another alternative.
  3. As you said, one of their NPCs USED to be found in the catacombs, meaning he’s not anymore.

Plus, Metzen himself went on record to say the Church of the Holy Light hates the Scarlet Crusade (would have to find the Q & A tweet where he said that).

2 Likes

Yet the Church also sheltered it’s ambassadors.

For a true fanatic, they just double down,

1 Like