Why were cutscenes from 20 years ago better than current WoW ones

People are being really weird in this thread and seemingly comparing cinematics with cutscenes.

This is a warcraft 3 cutscene:
Imgur

1 Like

Nah. Just posting something from the WoW game itself, and not Warcraft 3.

Because back then they were trying to build hype and interest. The sky was the limit

Now, they’re too busy playing it safe and afraid of losing hype and established interest.

I think if they made cutscenes the way they did then at least we as players could be like idk wtf just happens but that was cool but now its like ok cool i guess i wish I had skipped that cutscene

Because they were made by people who cared about the game.

Like the guy can write well, just not for WoW’s setting.

The SL cinematic would have been much much better with this change. Sylvannas gets to the top and summons the 9 valks.
To prevent the Scourge from acting 5 of the 9 focused on that. Sylvannas and the. Remaining 4 engage Bolvar, while fighting the Lich King eventually they are able to wrap chains around is limbs. And the rest plays out mostly the same…

WHEN I SAID CUTSCENE I MEANT CINEMATIC! My bad!

for all the detail and efecks put in wo wow cutseens i allwas fined it to just amout to 3 mins of crap then i look at how a game gw2 does it with is just a slideshow of some cool art work but it gets the job done and convays the story so well and thats all they need to do i just wish the wow people would get this

like have a look at this

1 Like