Why were cutscenes from 20 years ago better than current WoW ones

Archimonde is so hot

malfurion better.

hehe

1 Like

The darkshore one was legit terrifying, the N’zoth/horrific vision ones as well…

this?

4 Likes

That’s the one :upside_down_face:. Legit horror movie vibes… what makes it even better is that the Kodo from the fight is actually in Darkshore with a flavor text that reads “Nothing frightens a Kodo like seeing a bear with antlers.”.

2 Likes

I feel like this is the one thing that unites the WoW community

what nzoth scene are you referring to?

The one where Wrathion tells Anduin about N’zoth after strolling into the throne room and being punched in the face:

Between it and the Vision of N’zoth cutscene of Alleria sending her son to the Void they really set the mood for 8.3…

1 Like

oh yeah. wrathion looks awesome.

1 Like

I really like the in game cut scenes/cinematics. That are using the in game models and rendering. The full boat CGI ones are great too, but they can do so much with the internal models, they look really good.

The confrontation with Sylvanas at Undercity is one of my favorites.

1 Like

ya know, i just realized something odd. after anduin punches wrathion, magni says “dragons” (exasperated)
dragonS?
its a weird scene

1 Like

I don’t know, Terror of Darkshore was quite badass. Ysera’s death and resurrection as well.

3 Likes

Are you talking about the CGI cinematics? I disagree with that one. The modern CGI graphics look superior to 2002 graphics.

I mean have you ever bothered to see how realistic the modern graphics are? You can actually see pores in people’s faces if you pay attention!

Some of the pre-wow cinematics are really enchanting, and incredibly impressive given their age.

Ok that ones actually really cool

When you have a seriously bad story how can you have awesome cutscenes?

1 Like

WC3 cut-scenes look god awful compared to cut-scenes from more recent Blizzard games. Take off the rose tinted glasses.

1 Like

Compared to

Made me sad.

However, this:

Was pretty durn cool, I have to admit.

3 Likes
1 Like

They subcontract a lot of the art work these days. We all know why…