Why was /spit removed?

Who cares? Using /spit was always cringe anyway.

You’ll notice that the collecting poop quests are still in the game.

One thing was funny, one thing was offensive.

I’ve killed people in real life. It was sanctioned by the US government.

If I had spit on those same people, before or after, I would have been punished by the same government.

In today’s society it seems more tolerable to kill someone than offend them.

But that’s nothing new. Violence has always been accepted in the media, in games, movies, tv. Hacking someone’s head off is fine. But don’t say a naughty word!!! Don’t insult someone. Don’t you dare call someone a name.

Don’t try to find logic or reason in it. There is none.

As far as this topic. Why was spit removed? Because Blizz was scared some carebears would be offended by a silly emote in a video game and not buy a Deluxe Edition.

1 Like

Nailed it. Gotta be politically correct these days or feelings are gonna be hurt

1 Like

Don’t mind me; just posting for activity.

1 Like

Not going to take a side on this, just going to say, game would have benefited far more greatly had you banned Asmongold and anyone you can find affiliated with the dude or anyone else like him rather than the spit emote. I watched ten minutes of that crap one day to get an idea of w/e subject he was covering I forget now, and honestly… What a freaking child. Screaming at a PC etc. No, thank you. Not shocked his type causing these kinds of problems. People like this would make better target for the idiotic truth ministry than Trump groupies. Apparently he IS contagious. Scary thought.

1 Like

No it’s not, there’s a Dark Portal Pass that boosts to 58 with no mount, toy, or hearthstone. And there’s a deluxe edition of TBCC that comes with all of it. Technically, you could buy the deluxe edition and never even use the boost.

1 Like

Slow your role there Mussolini. He might be a man-child but he’s got just as much right to play WoW and have bad opinions as you do.

1 Like

Asmongold isnt really a problem, hes playing a character, acting. His chat though, lol, thats a WHOLE different discussion

Pretty sure it’s the attic, not the basement, and it’s his house?

If you’re going to hate at least be right.

Also, found the guy who’s still seething that a bunch of bald followers spat on him while he played on his boosted character enjoying his booster mount in Hellfire.

1 Like

There is still a /burp and /fart emote but sure go off about how things in a fantasy game wouldn’t fly in a not fantasy world.

Comparing a spit emote which is literally just a line of text in a video game to being spat on in real life is absolutely, incredibly stupid.

2 Likes

Wow, this topic got the Fox News crowd all riled up! Comedy gold…keep it coming!

2 Likes

You realize this isn’t real life, right? It’s a freaking video game.

Do you have the freedom to blast people with frostbolts in real life? Do you have the freedom to bury an axe in someone’s forehead and cannibalize their corpse? Do you have the freedom to create a hurricane around someone or order your Voidwalker to attack them?

It’s sad that these are the types of people Blizz are catering to: people who can’t tell the difference between a video game and real life.

2 Likes

Their life is the videogame.

Well, get over it because /spit is not coming back.

Next topic please.

So it was sold when you paid for a boosted character…

Being pedantic isn’t a desirable trait.

Neither is being disingenuous.

1 Like

I have the freedom to cast judgement on people IRL. Nerf Paladins.