Why was Resilience removed?

Somehow I think SL/SL warlocks contributed to getting resilience removed.

1 Like

Honestly you are not even worth responding to. Your takes on PvP are so far out there that they can be disregarded pretty much entirely.

4 Likes

Didn’t they put res on crafted pvp gear so you would have some before you’ve even won your first game?

same reason they got rid of defense, and defense stats, less gear they need to try and balance around.

The only people it was unenjoyable to were players that spend most of the time doing PvE and think they’re entitled to the same power as someone that only PvPs. Most players that primarily do PvP don’t want to do PvE. Now they have to.

PvPers still can’t just hop into raids. And now have to do PvE for their cloaks, essences, etc. Seems like the whole system favors raiders and takes a giant dump on pvpers, which is why someone like my brother laughs hysterically when I ask him to come back to the game.

10 Likes

They are different. I don’t think I would consider one harder than the other. Doing PVP definitely helps in PVE and PVE helps in PVP.

Frankly, I don’t care which is harder. PVE gear should be better at PVE. PVP gear should be better at PVP. If you want to get better at one of them, you participate in that activity. Resillience gave us that, and it should have never been removed.

3 Likes

I’ve crafted the last 3 expansion gear and they didn’t have it.

So they removed a stat because an outlier(s) needed tweaked.

They always seem to go way too far.

Full Vanilla PVP gear provided enough extra health to allow pretty much any spec to win against tier 1 and 2 raiders 1v1. But then, you may not be remembering actual Vanilla; hunters didn’t 2 shot anyone until BC prepatch, and that was nerfed quickly.

War mode throughout 8.1 certainly involved plenty of world PVP, but faction balance was reasonable, and if world PVP wasn’t what you wanted, you could always turn it off.

The BIS essence for some classes is the PvP one, in PvE.

My take is that of someone who never turns war mode off. Anyone who does turn war mode off shouldn’t call themselves a PVP player.

It doesn’t really favor raiders; gearing to Heroic raid level is as easy in battlegrounds and world PVP as it is in raids. It does currently favor people who run Horrific Visions, which is a problem - but everyone agrees the whole cloak and corruption system is a mess - and world PVP massively favors Horde on Normal servers since 8.2 when Blizzard broke their own balancing mechanisms, but those have nothing to do with gear types.

1 Like

They tried to put templates on legion an people cried, because they cant one shoot people.

I think that habin templates, a d being able to use trinkets qould have been tje solution to many of the, non templates, people back during legion.

That qould had given the players more customization in gear, and have a balance experience

That’s exactly why. PvErs would join pvp thinking they’d own beause they raid/dungeon and instead would get stomped by PvPers. So they whined on the forums until it got removed.

I live in warmode, best thing to ever happen. I wasn’t in a pvp server, but after playing warmode all this time I probably should have been in one before they were removed.

Agreed :beers:

2 Likes

Because Jimmy Nolifer couldn’t instantly delete Reginad Reroller with his decked out raid gear and would get mad. They tried to add in PVP Power but it was hilariously badly implemented so it died with a lot of mediocre Pandaland things. Sadly the game changed and those Pandaland ideas seem pretty cool right now.

1 Like

I remember there were certain level ranges where the scaling for Resilience and PvP Power was completely silly and broke World PvP even more than it’s usually broken. I kinda figured that was the reason for it.

Arena was the worst thing to happen to WoW. It was only brought in because they wanted to try and break into esports. Its an aspect of the game thats as pathetic as the MDI.

Your achievements in a game that has never been balanced mean nothing.

1 Like

Sorry buddy but you not being good at pvp doesn’t make pvp bad. There have been many seasons that were either decently balanced or pretty good overall, and back when arena was introduced the whole e-sports thing wasn’t even a thing.

Resilience should have never been removed, the system worked just fine.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t tell the community because I wouldn’t want to get in the argument that would undoubtedly come :rofl:

Took me a few minutes of hunting but I found your answer OP.

Player Health and Resilience
We’re planning several interconnected changes designed to provide better-tuned gameplay for healers and improve the healing dynamic in PvP.

The high amount of base Resilience and Battle Fatigue in Mists of Pandaria caused characters to feel much weaker in PvP than they did in PvE. To address this disparity, we’re approaching Warlords of Draenor with the goal of shrinking that gap as much as possible. To reduce dependence on Resilience, we needed to increase player survivability against other players, and we chose to do this by essentially doubling (post-squish) player health.

On its own, that increase in health would make players more survivable in the world at large, so we’re also increasing creature damage and the effectiveness of healing spells to balance things out. The net result of these changes is that individual attacks will knock a smaller chunk off of a player’s health pool in PvP, but your survivability in PvE remains unaffected.

Doubling player health gave us room to reduce Resilience and Battle Fatigue, but our goal was to be able to remove them entirely. In order to achieve that, we’re also reducing PvP spike damage across the board by lowering Critical Damage and Critical Heals against players in PvP to 150% of their normal effect (down from 200%). The changes have allowed us to remove Resilience and Battle Fatigue.

Changes to PvP
•Base Resilience has been reduced to 0%.
•Battle Fatigue has been reduced to 0%.•Critical Damage and Critical Heals in PvP combat now deal 150% of the normal spell/ability effects (down from 200%).

Source: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/298309-dev-watercooler-building-healthy-gameplay/

3 Likes

Thank you Ruggi :slight_smile:
Reading through that blue post really makes me think that they did remove resilience for the benefit of PvE players